The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

donaldtoo

B and I had our Thanksgiving meal yesterday since we will be in WDW next week. A friend we hadn’t seen in awhile joined us and we had a great day. Here is a look at some of our main foods. I also made homemade chocolates and vanilla rum pudding for dessert. It was a 16 pound turkey. Lots of leftovers!
View attachment 602068

Nice…!!!!! :hungry::)
I was a bit remiss in my pics of our family reunion on Carolyn’s mother’s side yesterday.
We got there around 9a to set up. Tables, chairs, name tags, etc.
Megan, Daniel, Emy, and Audrey showed up early, as BIL had brought MIL and niece up from Houston. They (MDEA ;)) did not stay for the main event, because they didn’t want to be inside with all those people, for reasons related to the past 1.5+ years.
The rebuilt hall is definitely different than the old one.
The fire was caused by a lightning strike.
Some pics of the granddaughters from last week, one of Emy in ‘18, and some of the old hall and the new hall…and, they redid the old “Yak se mas’?”…which means “How are you doing?!” or “What’s up?!” in Czech…!!! :)

8CBA16CE-6774-4CA5-A776-A3BD3EF95D44.jpeg260858D7-74A6-4402-BACB-54993A817F43.jpeg1F87CF43-4942-4CC3-8984-E293DA42E9ED.jpeg
6B949CAC-A0D4-4A28-B1B3-47849A60C431.jpeg
56CAEBA8-43C7-4DF5-9C98-67C6026A9E0B.jpeg7323C358-E011-4B82-AC54-C5A3F35E979C.jpeg1BCEB687-B3D9-42CE-AA94-DB7A896BE70E.jpeg0590E24B-BFC0-4A28-914C-083454D69BE4.jpeg

Last edited:

Lilofan

UK residents rejoice! Popeyes has opened up their first ever UK location this weekend while many waited in line for the opening and Wendys is looking to expand in the UK since it has a few locations in the country already. With respect to the Muslim population in the area , the chicken served at the Popeyes location is halal. I've tasted halal chicken here in the USA. I can't even tell the difference between halal and non halal chicken.

Last edited:

MinnieM123

Premium Member
One of the funniest comedians is Rodney Dangerfield. :hilarious: I couldn't resist sharing some of his (family friendly) jokes below! :joyfull:

With my old man I got no respect.
I asked him "How to get my kite in the air?" He told me to run off a cliff.

I went to a massage parlor. It was self-service.

My wife is such a bad cook, if we leave dental floss in the kitchen the roaches hang themselves.

I'm so ugly I stuck my head out the window and got arrested for mooning.

I'm so ugly my father carried around a picture of the kid that came with his wallet.

When I was born, the doctor came into the waiting room and said to my father, "I'm sorry. We did everything we could, but he pulled through anyway."

One year they wanted to make me a poster boy -- for birth control.

MinnieM123

Premium Member
Nice…!!!!! :hungry::)
I was a bit remiss in my pics of our family reunion on Carolyn’s mother’s side yesterday.
We got there around 9a to set up. Tables, chairs, name tags, etc.
Megan, Daniel, Emy, and Audrey showed up early, as BIL had brought MIL and niece up from Houston. They (MDEA ;)) did not stay for the main event, because they didn’t want to be inside with all those people, for reasons related to the past 1.5+ years.
The rebuilt hall is definitely different than the old one.
The fire was caused by a lightning strike.
Some pics of the granddaughters from last week, one of Emy in ‘18, and some of the old hall and the new hall…and, they redid the old “Yak se mas’?”…which means “How are you doing?!” or “What’s up?!” in Czech…!!! :)

View attachment 602430View attachment 602431View attachment 602432
View attachment 602438
View attachment 602433View attachment 602434View attachment 602435View attachment 602436
Excellent photos!! Always amazed at the size of the family -- and that's just one side?!! :joyfull:

The pix of the granddaughters are precious!! ❤️

John park hopper

One of the funniest comedians is Rodney Dangerfield. :hilarious: I couldn't resist sharing some of his (family friendly) jokes below! :joyfull:

With my old man I got no respect.
I asked him "How to get my kite in the air?" He told me to run off a cliff.

I went to a massage parlor. It was self-service.

My wife is such a bad cook, if we leave dental floss in the kitchen the roaches hang themselves.

I'm so ugly I stuck my head out the window and got arrested for mooning.

I'm so ugly my father carried around a picture of the kid that came with his wallet.

When I was born, the doctor came into the waiting room and said to my father, "I'm sorry. We did everything we could, but he pulled through anyway."

One year they wanted to make me a poster boy -- for birth control.
He came from that era of some great comedians who didn't have to rely on 4 letter words and what I call trash humor for a laugh.

Figgy1

Premium Member
Tuesday Morning Dog GIF by GIPHY Studios Originals

Cesar R M

Just wanted to share a little story here..

I will make it quick and easy.

1. Mere 2 days after returning from WDW. Got an alert for Job positions at DCL. One of the jobs I'd love to check.
  2. Icing the cake was that the job paid way better than even my current job.. can you imagine?
  3. I applied both in the local company in charge of recruitment and then on Disney's careers site.
  4. I forgot about the thing for a few days.
  5. I check and I was scheduled for a local interview with the local recruitment company via Zoom.
  6. Interview goes just fine and dandy and tell me that I will get an email for english tests AND the link for a Disney audition.
  7. After a few weeks. I had to get into my penguin suit for the Disney Audition. All went well. We shared stories, photos, etc..
  8. 4 days later, got the surprise that all the steps in the Disney's careers were GREEN. I had passed the interview and now was the more serious things to check. Studies..etc..
  9. Had a bit of trouble getting my blood tests done. Barely made to the cutout date. All my doctors helped me fill out the medical necessary to work for DCL. Including some good talk about my hearing levels with implant.
  10. In the meantime I was added to the whatsapp groups of DCL Mexico (where all the employees and recruits hang out with the recruitment company bosses)
  11. Sadly, after 2 weeks of waiting. My studies were reviewed and they manager finally told me the results. My hearing was not enough. They did not count the implant as a solution, therefore I was a liability and was denied with a "permanently unfit" by the bahamian authority.
  12. On the good side. I finally put this ghost to rest (aka confirmation that I'm not fit for cruise jobs). And it did not cost me that much since I had already planned to have those tests for my medical of this year XD

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom