The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

Cesar R M

Just came back from Ghostbusters Afterlife.
It was pretty decent. The "final fight" felt a bit weak. But the reunion was very emotional.
They did a good job there.
Id give this a 8 out of 10.

Also the kids are fantastic. I think they will make a great team if they continue the saga. I still wonder what kind of ghost would be as powerful as the 1st.
Would we see someone like the infamous ghost painting of GhostBusters 2?

MinnieM123

Premium Member
Hey, @Figgy1 -- you'll love this! For just the 2 of us at home (Thanksgiving), all turkeys are way too big. So I found a frozen brand with a much smaller amount, and it's easy to cook (even comes in it's own cooking bag! :joyfull: ). Don't even have to thaw it -- just pop it in oven! :p

1637491503781.png
I also picked up a few potatoes, some pre-cut squash, a box of stuffing mix, and a jar of turkey gravy. Voila. :happy: I always say there's nothing like a home-cooked meal. :D

Goofyernmost

Welcome to that phase of life…our youngest of 3 turned 20 in 2014…!!! :)
If this is a contest, my youngest of two turned 45 last April, however half of my grandkids will be 20 (at least) by the end of December leaving one at 19 (will hit 20 in August) and my last joyful observation of teenager of the future will be 10 in less then a month. They are the ones in my avatar. From left to right... (20 in Dec.), (20 next Aug.), (Older then dirt) and (22 in Feb.) I also have to step grands at 30 and 33.

Last edited:

Figgy1

Premium Member
Hey, @Figgy1 -- you'll love this! For just the 2 of us at home (Thanksgiving), all turkeys are way too big. So I found a frozen brand with a much smaller amount, and it's easy to cook (even comes in it's own cooking bag! :joyfull: ). Don't even have to thaw it -- just pop it in oven! :p

View attachment 602061
I also picked up a few potatoes, some pre-cut squash, a box of stuffing mix, and a jar of turkey gravy. Voila. :happy: I always say there's nothing like a home-cooked meal. :D
I have a 20 something pound turkey and am hoping it's big enough:banghead: It's a good thing I also have a ham and am making pasta

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
Just came back from Ghostbusters Afterlife.
It was pretty decent. The "final fight" felt a bit weak. But the reunion was very emotional.
They did a good job there.
Id give this a 8 out of 10.

Also the kids are fantastic. I think they will make a great team if they continue the saga. I still wonder what kind of ghost would be as powerful as the 1st.
Would we see someone like the infamous ghost painting of GhostBusters 2?

We took the middle school students to see that on Friday as their end of the quarter reward for behavior and passing grades. I never saw the original Ghostbusters or any others so I volunteered to be the teacher that sits in the lobby incase there are any problems with kids in the theater. I enjoyed reading my book during the movie. When the kids came out there was a mixed reaction, some liked it and some said they were bored. My husband went to see it (at a different theater) and he and his friend really enjoyed it. He said that it would probably help to know the original story.

Figgy1

Premium Member
B and I had our Thanksgiving meal yesterday since we will be in WDW next week. A friend we hadn’t seen in awhile joined us and we had a great day. Here is a look at some of our main foods. I also made homemade chocolates and vanilla rum pudding for dessert. It was a 16 pound turkey. Lots of leftovers!
View attachment 602068
We've got a 25 pound turkey, a large ham and I'm making a tray of baked ziti plus all the usual Thanksgiving sides so I'm hoping it's enough food to last until Monday as I have to go gets shots on Friday and every shot I've ever had since the kiddos has knocked me out for a day or 2

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
We've got a 25 pound turkey, a large ham and I'm making a tray of baked ziti plus all the usual Thanksgiving sides so I'm hoping it's enough food to last until Monday as I have to go gets shots on Friday and every shot I've ever had since the kiddos has knocked me out for a day or 2

Sounds like a fantastic feast. Too bad about getting knocked out with the shots. Even with all that food made, you'd better make one extra pan of the ziti just in case.

Songbird76

B and I had our Thanksgiving meal yesterday since we will be in WDW next week. A friend we hadn’t seen in awhile joined us and we had a great day. Here is a look at some of our main foods. I also made homemade chocolates and vanilla rum pudding for dessert. It was a 16 pound turkey. Lots of leftovers!
View attachment 602068
Have you got a LTT ADR for Thursday? Or will you do something non-traditional for food on the day?

Songbird76

Good luck with shots! What kind of shots are they? I just got my flu shot on Wednesday and I expected to feel a bit wonky, but the only thing I had was that bruised feeling in my arm at the injection site. Not even half as bad as when I got the covid vaccine!

Cesar R M

We took the middle school students to see that on Friday as their end of the quarter reward for behavior and passing grades. I never saw the original Ghostbusters or any others so I volunteered to be the teacher that sits in the lobby incase there are any problems with kids in the theater. I enjoyed reading my book during the movie. When the kids came out there was a mixed reaction, some liked it and some said they were bored. My husband went to see it (at a different theater) and he and his friend really enjoyed it. He said that it would probably help to know the original story.
YUP, and I think this movie was a bit toned down in weirdness and monsters.
The original had some really good scares for their time.
I still remember the Winston's scene in the trains section, where they heard echo and Winston is "Helloooo?"
And suddenly here was no echo and a ghost repeated his name very creepily.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom