The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

King Racoon 77

Thank you sir. You were an inspiration.
Premium Member
@Mr Ferret 88 , I'm curious about how holiday sales are going on the island. Around here, sales are hopping, but there are specific item shortages, hampering some of the businesses. Some people have been buying gifts earlier than in previous years, so that they can get in-stock items, before those run out.
Sales are ok at the moment but not picking up yet. Hopefully there will be a surge towards Christmas but I'm not holding my breath. For us we haven't had too much of a shortage issue but we are hearing of problems from electrical retailers.
Most people seem to be pretty understanding with the issues but we will see how that goes as the big day approaches.

wdwfan4ver

Hey, @Figgy1 -- you'll love this! For just the 2 of us at home (Thanksgiving), all turkeys are way too big. So I found a frozen brand with a much smaller amount, and it's easy to cook (even comes in it's own cooking bag! :joyfull: ). Don't even have to thaw it -- just pop it in oven! :p

View attachment 602061
I also picked up a few potatoes, some pre-cut squash, a box of stuffing mix, and a jar of turkey gravy. Voila. :happy: I always say there's nothing like a home-cooked meal. :D
My Thanksgiving meal is going to be 1 day late. What happened is My younger brother works in a hospital and works in different positions. The position he works in for Thanksgiving is known to give him not a not a big appetite due to the conditions that position has like how hot it is.

wdwfan4ver

In other news.. ouch..

I saw this a couple days ago. Clownfish TV did this about one of 2 days after The Dis unplugged podcast happened. Clownfish TV is not exactly pro Disney.

Pete of The Dis Unplugged owns a travel agency business. He found more of his clients want to go to Universal than Disney despite the agency was originally designed for booking Disney vacations. I know he had issues before that podcast with Disney.

Last edited:

MinnieM123

Premium Member
My Thanksgiving meal is going to be 1 day late. What happened is My younger brother works in a hospital and works in different positions. The position he works in for Thanksgiving is known to give him not a not a big appetite due to the conditions that position has like how hot it is.
Still sounds good. Doesn't have to be on just one day. I think it should span about 5 days of eating! :joyfull:

Songbird76

Speaking of Disney.. apparently since Disney can't make Disney Plus get more subscribers.. they are going to go the Chapek Way.
Aka increase prices, force Hulu users to pay Disney Plus in addition to ESPN bundle.

There are rumors also that Chapek wants to add adult content to Disney+. Something that even Iger doesn't like to.
What do they mean by "adult content"? There are already movies and shows that are completely inappropriate for children...horror movies, for example. And I've never seen Grey's Anatomy, but I didn't get the impression from trailers that it's meant for young audiences. What kind of adult content are they wanting to add that hasn't already been added??

Cesar R M

What do they mean by "adult content"? There are already movies and shows that are completely inappropriate for children...horror movies, for example. And I've never seen Grey's Anatomy, but I didn't get the impression from trailers that it's meant for young audiences. What kind of adult content are they wanting to add that hasn't already been added??
Probably R-rated stuff like the Deadpool movies.

King Racoon 77

Thank you sir. You were an inspiration.
Premium Member
Does Europe get Star with D+ ?

Figgy1

Premium Member
A 20 pounder takes care of 9 of us and we aren't exactly light eaters on special occasions. Just the turkey this holiday, lots of sides and a few to many deserts. Is this the multi-fish menu time or is that New Years.
That's Christmas Eve. @Tony the Tigger some of our fellow chit chatters are once again in need of an intervention

Last edited:

Figgy1

Premium Member
Weekend Monday GIF

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom