Coronavirus and Walt Disney World general discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think you'll still see those numbers rise as you still don't have all ages eligible to get the vaccine (and you certainly aren't at a year of eligibility for all ages either - we aren't even at 1 month of eligibility for 5-11 y/o).
I agree, and I hope they do. I just don’t see us getting anywhere near full vaccine compliance. And as far as the 5-11’s, the uptake will start out fast but will soon slow down to a crawl, most parents I know aren’t jumping at the opportunity quite yet.

Angel Ariel

I agree, and I hope they do. I just don’t see us getting anywhere near full vaccine compliance. And as far as the 5-11’s, the uptake will start out fast but will soon slow down to a crawl, most parents I know aren’t jumping at the opportunity quite yet.
and I could say the exact opposite ;) The vast majority of parents I know have been very eager to get their kids vaccinated, and are posting their relieved "I got my shot" selfies all over the place...I don't think there's any way to know right now how the rollout will go for this age group, or the one below it.

Chip Chipperson

Yes, tetanus and flu shots make my arm sore for a day. And yet I do it when I need to. I'm saying this was a lot more than a sore arm for a day. The arm pain from this was substantially worse than from any other shots I've had. And it's something I'm particularly frustrated with because of the chronic shoulder/arm pain I've had for the last 2 years. Yet I did it anyway.

I'm just saying that while I did it in spite of the strong side effects, most people won't do it on a regularly recurring basis.

My booster experience was the opposite. My first 2 Moderna shots and my flu shot all left my arm sore for a few days. For my Moderna booster, I went to the pharmacy where my mother-in-law works because she said the pharmacist there was great at giving shots that don't hurt. Sure enough, not only did I not feel the needle but my arm pain was very minor. I still had some of the usual minor aches, a headache, and my temperature got up to 99.5 but my arm barely hurt at all the next day and I was back to normal on Day 2.

and I could say the exact opposite ;) The vast majority of parents I know have been very eager to get their kids vaccinated, and are posting their relieved "I got my shot" selfies all over the place...I don't think there's any way to know right now how the rollout will go for this age group, or the one below it.
Yes, the people currently getting their kids vaccinated are excited to do so. Time will tell the whole story though.

mmascari

We have likely hit the ceiling, time to move on.

What does that mean, practically speaking?

The covid vaccine has been out for a year, the number of people fully vaccinated just happens to be the same number of people who were vaccinated for flu last year at 194 million ( which was the most ever). I don’t think that is a coincidence. The pro vaccine people are vaccinated, this is why the covid vaccine uptake curve remains so flat.
That doesn't answer the question at all. Practically speaking what does "move on" mean?

Are we changing our behaviors from what we do today to something else?
Are we keeping all the current behaviors forever more because we're at the end already?

What does "move on" actually mean?

There's at least one poster here, who if "we're done, move on" means we're keeping all the existing behaviors "as-is" going forward will be unhappy if masks stay on public transit.

There's an entire army of people here who if keeping the current indoor masks at WDW forever because that's the new normal will have a fit. Some of them will never go again. And others who would ditch them all last week even if that meant an uptick in transmission at WDW.

So, what does "move on" actually mean for our actions and behaviors?

Andrew C

You know what's funny?
Yes, the people currently getting their kids vaccinated are excited to do so. Time will tell the whole story though.
I wasn't excited about it. I did it because it makes sense, I don't want her to get it and potentially spread to others (like family members who we definitely see; no mitigation going on in our lives), and because our pediatrician recommended it for her health. Also, we are travelling to Canada next month so it makes things slightly easier..

Last edited:

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
That doesn't answer the question at all. Practically speaking what does "move on" mean?

Are we changing our behaviors from what we do today to something else?
Are we keeping all the current behaviors forever more because we're at the end already?

What does "move on" actually mean?

There's at least one poster here, who if "we're done, move on" means we're keeping all the existing behaviors "as-is" going forward will be unhappy if masks stay on public transit.

There's an entire army of people here who if keeping the current indoor masks at WDW forever because that's the new normal will have a fit. Some of them will never go again. And others who would ditch them all last week even if that meant an uptick in transmission at WDW.

We won’t have the same mandates forever…I just think that we’re trying to put “mission accomplished” up on the aircraft carrier early…again.

and basing arguments on 32 is probably not the best way to go.

CaptainAmerica

Chuck the masks, take down the plexiglass, reopen everything, and return the world to the way it was in 2019, with the exception of a vaccination mandate for inbound international travelers, including American citizens returning from abroad. Once the pediatric vaccine has been fully approved, make it mandatory for enrollment in public schools. Accept that endemic viruses are an inescapable fact of human life.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I wasn't excited about it. I did it because it makes sense, I don't want her to get it and potentially spread to others (like family mothers who we definitely see; no mitigation going on in our lives), and because our pediatrician recommended it for her health. Also, we are travelling to Canada next month so it makes things slightly easier..
I wasn’t excited at all…I just didn’t hesitate and did it…the whole family…the office staff…everyone.

civic duty. Period.

lazyboy97o

Chuck the masks, take down the plexiglass, reopen everything, and return the world to the way it was in 2019, with the exception of a vaccination mandate for inbound international travelers, including American citizens returning from abroad. Once the pediatric vaccine has been fully approved, make it mandatory for enrollment in public schools. Accept that endemic viruses are an inescapable fact of human life.
And if hospitals fill up again? If important facilities shut down due to outbreaks?

Andrew C

You know what's funny?
Chuck the masks, take down the plexiglass, reopen everything, and return the world to the way it was in 2019, with the exception of a vaccination mandate for inbound international travelers, including American citizens returning from abroad.
Yep
Once the pediatric vaccine has been fully approved, make it mandatory for enrollment in public schools.
And yep.

CaptainAmerica

But you’ve said to chuck all of the responses well before now… so how to respond if masks and restrictions are out?
I'm saying chuck all responses that are being applied as one-size-fits-all blanket measures. I'm fine with localized restrictions in response to acute problems.

If 30% of kids test positive in some school, shut down the school for a week, I'm fine with that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom