Disney Genie and Genie+ at Walt Disney World

Jeff4272

Also, I’d gladly wait two hours for Rise. Heck, even two and a half. But paying to get on? No. However, if it were in Magic Kingdom… well, my virtue signaling may be compromised.
Whatever i gain in making up time in lines i lose in having to wake up 2 hours before i normally would......

- So I can save an hour or 2 of waiting in line but I have get up 2 hours earlier than I would at 7am vs my normal wake up time of 9am on vacation

- not be able to go when I want in the afternoon because I cannot pick my return time, be on my phone all day and pay $75 for my family of 5?

- I’ll give up the time I save standing in line, the money and aggravation and sleep in until 9am and be no worse off.

ImperfectPixie

I think it's simply left hand vs right hand.

They didn't build the feature into the app - so it's not like Guest Services can magically reach across silos or transaction engines and make a charge disappear.

Instead guest relations does the simplest thing they can do to give someone cash equivalent - the gift card. Guest Relations doing their job within the constraints they have.
I don't buy that at all. Sorry.

VaderTron

Right but the idea would be to use that 25 minute difference to go ride something. So my option is to wait in a line 30 minutes to ride SDD for example. OR I could buy the LL, go ride Star Tours which has a 10 minute wait and then be back within that 25 minutes to get on Slinky. It all comes down to time management.

We went to Studios yesterday and all the main rides had 50+ minute waits with Slinky and Rise having 80 and 120. If my group of 5 had each been able to shell out $15 each, we would have gotten 2 additional hours back in the park to go do something else besides stand in a line for Rise. We Could spend all day comparing this to the system of old or how it used to be free but this is where we are at and what we have. So now it becomes how do I use this system to best maximize my time?

In the grand scheme of things, think about the amount of “junk” you can spend $15 on at WDW. Getting two hours of your life back is $2 cheaper than a balloon that will be in the trash just days after you arrive home from vacation.
2 hrs? If getting back time is your goal I can get you back a whole week plus thousands of dollars.

Step 1: Don't go to WDW.

Step 2: Pat yourself on the back for saving so much money and time.

GhostHost1000

Premium Member
It does begin at 7am.........

The second booking is either 2 hours after park opening (so if park doesnt open until 11am, second one is at 1pm unless you ride your first ride between 11am-1pm)

OR

after you check into your first ride, whatever comes first
I guess what I was hoping is if we book our first at 7 we should be able to book another at 9 (regardless of when the park opens) - make it a 2hr window from time of any booking

matt9112

$25 would probably be my limit. That's roughly what I paid for a $170 all-day Express Pass at Universal when I divided the total cost by the number of times I used it on 7 rides last week. There were people over there who were paying even more for the Unlimited Express Pass which lets someone use it multiple times on the same ride. I'm sure Disney is aware of their price structure.
I do. In the Asian parks.

And about 10 minutes ago I almost pulled the trigger on a long weekend to LA for Disneyland this weekend. But there are no park reservations available. :banghead:

Guess which Disney resort I didn't even look into....

Okay? Its well known DL and tokyo are far better products. Soooo? Whats the point here? Wheres your dog in this fight?

JMcMahonEsq

LOL....OK.......Based on that flawed logic, so yesterday it was free and today it's $1,000 but you think the $1,000 is worth it so you'll buy it?

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL
Ummmm yes. Because I can’t get it for free now. I can’t get it for $500 dollars now. I can buy it now for $1000, and that is the only cost that matters. I don’t look at a car and say it costs $50K now, but 10 year ago a car would only cost me $30K, so I am not buying the car now for 50K.

Buried20KLeague

Okay? Its well known DL and tokyo are far better products. Soooo? Whats the point here? Wheres your dog in this fight?

I'm angry with what the Powers That Be have done to what I considered my "home resort" and a place I used to love to take my family.

I still go... But a fraction of the days we used to. Used to be 3-ish trips a year, 9 nights in a Disney Resort (moderate or deluxe), usually 6 days in the parks (2 at Uni), park hoppers, table service at least once a day via the dining plan.

We were there last October. Rented a condo off-site (no dining plan, meals often off-site after parks closed). 4 days at disney. No park hoppers. 4 days at uni, hoppers, cabana at volcano bay.

Disney has lost a LOT of revenue from me. Certainly they don't care, because someone else has likely taken up my slack. But that doesn't mean I can't be pi$$ed with what has happened and how its changed my family's habits.

And I'm certain I'm not alone feeling this way.

At one point I had paperwork that was delivered to my home to buy into AKV when it was brand new. Good LORD, I'm so happy I decided not to put pen to paper. I changed my mind at the 11th hour. I thought "what if WDW isn't the kind of place we want to travel to for decades?". As crazy as that seemed to me at the time, it's happened. And not because we were tired of being there, or bored, or kids growing out of it, or any of those sorts of reasons. And that's depressing and ticks me off.

aaronml

Does anyone know how they are handling service recovery for G+ LLs if an attraction goes down during your window? I would hope they are still issuing “Multiple Experience” passes when that happens.

Penny’s Dad

We are staying on site for five nights in December, we have annual passes and are staying using DVC points. Can we purchase genie+ for all five days in advance of have to purchase each day individually?

Disstevefan1

We are staying on site for five nights in December, we have annual passes and are staying using DVC points. Can we purchase genie+ for all five days in advance of have to purchase each day individually?
More importantly I hope you have already made your park pass reservations! APs are at a distinct disadvantage in getting park pass reservations!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom