Disney Genie and Genie+ at Walt Disney World

Disney Dad 3000

I think this bears monitoring going forward (like the rest of this rollout). I'm not advocating purchasing the I.L.L's, but there was supposed to be a perceived "benefit" for on-site guests in this regard so they would have first choice from the time slots. Holding back additional AM slots or more until after park open for non-resort guests doesn't really feel much like a benefit if you've purchased an afternoon slot at 430pm to only find out they've released a whole other wave of AM slots.

Patcheslee

View attachment 594444

Impressive attention to detail there
But Small World still brings up FP+ lol Screenshot_20211019-041151_Disney World.jpg

THEMEPARKPIONEER

Like it doesn’t cost enough to get in as it is? This is rediculois they need to lower admission which would be awesome for us who don’t really need to go on rides anyway. This may be my last straw, the rides aren’t the same any the nighttime show I don’t care for any more. They already killed the landscapes and atmosphere. Bring in a Light Parade or something, god anything to eat up the time when where not on the rides.

Last edited:

Patcheslee

I think this bears monitoring going forward (like the rest of this rollout). I'm not advocating purchasing the I.L.L's, but there was supposed to be a perceived "benefit" for on-site guests in this regard so they would have first choice from the time slots. Holding back additional AM slots or more until after park open for non-resort guests doesn't really feel much like a benefit if you've purchased an afternoon slot at 430pm to only find out they've released a whole other wave of AM slots.
RotR is down, now we start to find out what they do you the ILL people 😆. Really need another acronym
Screenshot_20211019-105122_Disney World.jpg

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Like it doesn’t cost enough to get in as it is? This is rediculois they need to lower admission which would be awesome for us who don’t really need to go on rides anyway. This may be my last straw, the rides aren’t the same any the nighttime show I don’t care for any more. They already killed the landscapes and atmosphere.
Lower admissions by how much? You lower it enough and the parks are crowded like every day was Christmas week.

Waters Back Side

How do you purchase it for length of stay? In the MDE App I see where to purchase it but its only for the day and does not allow me because I do not have a park pass reservation for today (in which I do not). How do I add it on to my theme park tickets/park reservations?

THEMEPARKPIONEER

Lower admissions by how much? You lower it enough and the parks are crowded like every day was Christmas week.
Us diehard fans are being screwed. After all these years of love and support to these parks. You know why maybe it’s time to build another resort in the US for crowd control and something else to see, something a bit different than the Magic Kingdom and Disneyland. Maybe a smaller seasonal castle park up north for smaller volumes but eat some of the Holiday and summer crowds. Us New Yorkers are at outdoor events until January.

Jeff4272

Yes, it's 10:30. Two to three hours from now is the afternoon. You want to know why the evening ones aren't gone? Because everyone who can grab LLs has to wait until their current one is expired by either waiting until their scheduled time for the current LL is now, or, for two hours.

The very most popular ones may go quicker, but not that much quicker. If everyone grabs Peter Pan now for an evening time, then they can't grab one for PotC or JC or HM or Buzz for the next two hours. That's why they're not all gone.

Would you like to post some data points to show you're right, or just suppose things that aren't the case?

Yeah, we've heard your complaints about how the new system doesn't fit your method of hitting the parks. And we heard it over and over and over and over and over again. Sorry for your loss.

The old FP+ didn't fit other people's way of hitting the parks (show up spontaneously, e.g., or having an intricate plan ruined by rain).

There's no perfect system. We've noted you don't like this one. Have a good day.
Its inefficient, no matter how angry you get and it goes backwards to a system (paper fast pass) that did not work and that's why they got rid of it

DisneyCane

Like it doesn’t cost enough to get in as it is? This is rediculois they need to lower admission which would be awesome for us who don’t really need to go on rides anyway. This may be my last straw, the rides aren’t the same any the nighttime show I don’t care for any more. They already killed the landscapes and atmosphere.
What they should have done (at least for the Genie+ part) was just raised the prices $15 per day (and some amount for annual passes) and included Genie+.

The ILL part I don't know what they should have done. They have attractions with way too low of an hourly capacity to fill the demand. I do think it is insane to even pay the $9 that some of them would cost today for ONE ride. $60 for a family of 4 to ride ROTR that lasts under 10 minutes from pre-show start to ride end (assuming it doesn't break down once you've entered the pre-show) is just crazy to me.

RoadiJeff

You could just wake up early and wait 10 minutes for free.
How so? The park didn't open until 9:00am, regardless of how early I woke up. As it was, we had to circle around HS several times because they wouldn't let any vehicles into the parking lot before 7:30am. We were first in line at the non-early entry turnstiles and by the time we got to the tail end of RotR the posted wait time was 160 minutes, close to our actual wait of 155 minutes.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom