The World's Most Magical Celebration - Walt Disney World's 50th anniversary

jpinkc

Welp I think this is absolutely the most Pathetic 50th Anniversary of Anything, I have ever seen besides the one at the Local Dump. Friends that were there all day today said a complete waste, they kept expecting SOMETHING to happen, the cavalcade was cute, is probably the kindest thing they said. Other than trying to not get clobbered by shoppers they felt like it was a normal day at WDW. Just a Normal Day at the Most Magical Place on Earth on its 50th Anniversary.....................................................................................

networkpro

In the Parks
Yes
I was due to go to both San Diego and Disneyland next month, to coincide with the start of Viva Navidad. Unfortunately, since my parents are like mama and papa bears and with all that's happening I've decided to do 4-days, 3-nights in Atlanta instead.

Just try to not get shot. No nightclubs or convenience stores.

networkpro

In the Parks
Yes
Welp I think this is absolutely the most Pathetic 50th Anniversary of Anything, I have ever seen besides the one at the Local Dump. Friends that were there all day today said a complete waste, they kept expecting SOMETHING to happen, the cavalcade was cute, is probably the kindest thing they said. Other than trying to not get clobbered by shoppers they felt like it was a normal day at WDW. Just a Normal Day at the Most Magical Place on Earth on its 50th Anniversary.....................................................................................

It was rather sad... this was the only new thing

nbdysreal

Apparently the emporium used the virtual queue early in the day and stopped later on. Not sure the validity of that, the demand for the emporium was no where near as high as the popcorn buckets & Big Top IMO. The popcorns should’ve been sold at a few centralized locations and not sporadically at popcorn carts with massive lines
At 7am the emporium line was all the way down that side, around the entire entrance place and part way up the road. They weren't allowing more in and we're pushing a virtual queue then. But oddly it looked like it was the big too queue. We laughed, walked around the joffrys line, and walked on space mountain and went about our day

Jrb1979

What did you expect? They pretty much told you that nothing big was happening. You got some new fireworks some cupcakes and some special merch.

brb1006

But wasn't that just a media/invite-only event the day before the anniversary? It was also, as you say, feeble and pathetic.

Today, weirdly, at one point they played an audio recording of Jeff Vahle re-reading the dedication in the hub. He couldn't even get up and talk in person! And, well, hearing the voice of Jeff Vahle over park audio is not exactly hearing the voice of Walt.

This has been all so strange.
Wish they had audio of Roy's speech.

WaltsTreasureChest

I think it’s best to sum it up as merch day lol. Some nice decoration, snacks and some merch. They should’ve gone more out

jpinkc

What did you expect? They pretty much told you that nothing big was happening. You got some new fireworks some cupcakes and some special merch.
Oh I know but I really did expect A Little Something Magical.... Surprise Christna was just there the night before, there is plenty of little things they could have done. Excuse me SHOULD have done

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom