The World's Most Magical Celebration - Walt Disney World's 50th anniversary

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
He was walking around in the crowds today.
Alone?
I know this won’t be popular, but I gotta say it…pandemic ain’t over folks and this isn’t a good look.
It’s also what it looks like every night for “ohhh! Fireworks!” Since people gave up on park expansion…not to be a stickler
If you're vaccinated, pandemic's over.

Stay home forever. We don't miss you out here.
Guess we didn’t have enough people stating the contrarian bluster today, eh?

hopemax

I have to say, we had the chance to go and glad we didnt. This to me is not a celebration, at least not compared to DL 50th.
Once we realized celebrating WDW’s 50th was too much work, due to the park reservations, main entrance block outs, hotel booking… we took a cue from Disney and decided to celebrate WDW’s 50th by going to Disneyland. We went last week, had an enjoyable vacation and left exhausted but happy.

Last night I was having major FOMO and wondering if we made a bad decision. From everything people have said about today, now I know we made the right one. Friends went, so I still am getting a commemorative map and the pins and soap dispenser I wanted. But we will catch a more enjoyable 50th when we visit my Dad later this year.

IanDLBZF

Once we realized celebrating WDW’s 50th was too much work, due to the park reservations, main entrance block outs, hotel booking… we took a cue from Disney and decided to celebrate WDW’s 50th by going to Disneyland. We went last week, had an enjoyable vacation and left exhausted but happy.
I was due to go to both San Diego and Disneyland next month, to coincide with the start of Viva Navidad. Unfortunately, since my parents are like mama and papa bears and with all that's happening I've decided to do 4-days, 3-nights in Atlanta instead.

Vegas Disney Fan

Last night I was having major FOMO and wondering if we made a bad decision. From everything people have said about today, now I know we made the right one. Friends went, so I still am getting a commemorative map and the pins and soap dispenser I wanted. But we will catch a more enjoyable 50th when we visit my Dad later this year.
I’m torn, my friends said today was very disappointing at MK but they also said the last 3 days at the other parks were fantastic. They still have a couple days left so I’m curious to see how their trip ends up.

I was having a bit of FOMO yesterday also since our trip was so close (in 27 days) but now I’m super excited it’ll hopefully have settled a bit, the hardest part is avoiding all the videos of Harmoniuos, Enchanted, and the new lights everywhere. I’ve seen some photo, and seen the negative reviews, but I’m really trying to keep it a surprise.

aladdin2007

So have to say it was a nice day, and enjoyed being there and glad we went. However epic fail, they did absolutely nothing, the minimal 40th was even better. The special on abc tonight has been ten times better!!!

And the emporium situation was extremely unsafe, there should have been security. Someone dropped the ball as way too many people were allowed in there at one time and that never should have been. This had to of been against fire code or whatever.
Something serious could have happened if already didn't. Management in place clearly doesn't care about anything, there needs to be some big changes from the top down to park management. Disney doesn't know how to run the parks anymore.

Kudos to cast though for keeping their patience in the park in general and being super friendly, they really made the day special whereas corporate neglected it. Happy 50th cast members and thank you for making the day.

Last edited:

Dan Deesnee

I know this won’t be popular, but I gotta say it…pandemic ain’t over folks and this isn’t a good look.

The people that are there obviously don't care. There's a vaccine, if people are concerned go get it. It's free. This is no different than the packed sports stadiums I've been seeing for quite a while and many of those are indoors.

My brother took his daughter to the Harry Styles (sp?...meh) concert last weekend and he said it was tens of thousands of people packed shoulder shoulder for about 6 hours.

mikejs78

Premium Member
With how low vaccination rates are still in many places it's far from over. Thats besides the point I think the reason for the low crowds is not Covid but lack of money.
Unemployment is down, wages up, and savings way up. Don't think it's lack of money.

Besides, the crowd was not low - it was what they set as capacity.

WaltsTreasureChest

My favorite guy on tv!
EF00C4F4-E665-4417-BB63-9E4E5E56A898.jpeg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom