Wild Tiki Room Rumor

MousDad

And for further clarification, I have double checked to see what I could find out about our potential version of the new show... The new show in Japan takes cues from existing show pieces and characters from the room's past. Unlike our room, their Tiki Room has different main character birds and somewhat of a different storyline. Our version would be far more connected to our previous versions with songs from the original (and jokes at the expense of Iago and Zazu) as well as some Elvis added in there. The show would be a little longer, with a little less telling of what is happening and more singing. And yes, the Tiki Tiki Tiki Room song will start the show off as always.

My mind's made up. I'll take this (as described above) any day over rehashing the old show or bringing over the DL version.

raven

I highly doubt Stitch will be going into the Tiki Room. Unless the can bring back AE, I don't see it happening. Stranger things have happened though.

Quote:
After months of hearing rumors that the Enchanted Tiki Room: Under New Management will be closing sometime in the near future to make way for a Stitch-involved makeover, a new wild rumor has hit the streets of the Magic Kingdom and has cast members in De-Nile (Attempt at a Jungle Cruise joke). Strong rumors now indicate that the original budget for the postponed major Jungle Cruise attraction refurbishment maybe heading across the way to fund the restoration of the talking audio-animatronics bird show to its original splendor. In short, the original Tropical Serenade show may return to the Magic Kingdom as part of a huge marketing campaign for the 40th anniversary of the Walt Disney World Resort in 2011.
The planned campaign is going to promote the idea of guests experiencing renewed classic attractions and entertainment inspired by the resort’s past. Among the planned updates for the celebration are updates to Space Mountain, Walt Disney’s Carousel of Progress, The Hall of Presidents, and the Enchanted Tiki Room at the Magic Kingdom; Journey Into Imagination and Illuminations at Epcot; and The Great Movie Ride and Star Tours at Disney’s Hollywood Studios. Also rumored at this time are a new firework show and updated Spectromagic parade at the Magic Kingdom.
While most of these changes are likely to not take place (as is the nature with rumors), a few of them will make the line-up in time for October 1, 2011. Be sure to stay tuned to as more info on these rumored changes becomes available. Obviously, take this with a grain of salt. But, you know, it would be strange to add Stitch to the Tiki Room when they already have a Stitch attraction in Tomorrowland...so bringing back Tropical Serenade does make some sense...or would they add Stitch anyway since he's a popular character now?...then what would that spell for SGE?...or will Disney even bother putting any money into the Tiki Room? They do talk about a "celebration of the classics" for WDW's 40th...

And what about the rest of this? We've heard about Star Tours and Space Mountain refurbs, but now Carousel of Progress, Hall Of Presidents, Journey into Imagination, Illuminations, and Great Movie Ride?

Will our heroes Jose, Michael, Pierre, and Fritz give Zazu and Iago the boot? Or will Stitch throw out the terrible toony twosome and make his own show? What will happen to that most polarizing of attractions, Stitch's Great Escape? Will Disney do anything at all, or are we just making a big deal out of nothing? :confused: :confused: :confused:

Stay tuned for more on WDWMagic Rumor Theater...

i would love to see some refurbs, and definately bring back the original Tiki room!

MousDad

I highly doubt Stitch will be going into the Tiki Room. Unless the can bring back AE, I don't see it happening. Stranger things have happened though.

Jedi seems to be consistently reporting inside info that points to a Tomorrowland overhaul coinciding with the relocation of Stitch. Jedi, how close to a done deal is it?

BillsFanGabe

Disney needs to take out Iago and Zazu and restore the Tiki Room to the original verison like the one out in Disneyland. I hate it when they mess with Walt attractions, they should leave it the way as he left it, afterall it was his creation.

harryk

Have not been back to Tiki Room since those 2 birds came in and I go to the Park every year for the past 20 years and every other year prior to that. Noise and fighting (disputing) birds detract from what was a grand concept. Go ahead and update the Tiki Room....but keep Walt's concept in it. Beautiful show that the whole family can enjoy..

redkoala245

Do they have to make another Stitch attraction and get rid of the Tiki room? The Tiki room is a WDW original attraction. I rather get rid of Stitch's Great Escape than the Tiki Room. Stitch's Great also needs a change. That is the only thing I don't like. I'm happy about the other refurbs and I hope Space Mountain could be like DL's. And we don't really need a new fireworks show. I still love Wishes even though I have seen it at least 5 times. And the construction of this could interfere with my visits here (The rides getting fixed are some of my favorites). Are they going to refurb the rides one at a time?

Dragonrider1227

Theme-wise, it would make sense since Stitch's movie DOES take place in Hawaii, but since they already have him in Tomorrowland, it'd definetly be overkill. I don't see it happening. I don't really care as long as they don't mess with Disneyland's version. Disneyland's is Walt's original creation, while Disney World's is just a Carbon Copy so it doesn't hold the smae historical value as Disneyland's.

jedimaster1227

Jedi seems to be consistently reporting inside info that points to a Tomorrowland overhaul coinciding with the relocation of Stitch. Jedi, how close to a done deal is it?

Well, from what I know, it is still one of the projects at the top of the budget for the 40th (Stitch). Tomorrowland will be a far more strewn out transition, taking a few years (at least).

Depending on the economic-based decisions of managment over the next few months, we should have a better idea whether or not this will happen.

jt04

Well, from what I know, it is still one of the projects at the top of the budget for the 40th (Stitch). Tomorrowland will be a far more strewn out transition, taking a few years (at least).

Depending on the economic-based decisions of managment over the next few months, we should have a better idea whether or not this will happen.

Seems like as well capitalized as Disney is economic conditions should have nothing to do with the creative process. That is a formula for failure everytime.

tirian

Thats an assumption that can't be made on opinion alone. Stitch's popularity has only waned due to his lowered presence (no more movies, no more show). The general public finds no issue with Stitch as a character. The attraction itself is not the failure everyone considers it to be (it just isn't as successful as it was expected to be--but regardless), it continues to have plenty of lines and plenty of second-time riders each day. Had the show had such a negative following as you seem to have implied, it would have been closed over the last two years or highly modified once again [which it hasn't had a major retooling since 2006].

I must respectfully disagree here. We may never know exactly why Stitch's popularity in the parks waned—and I mean Stitch himself, not his attraction. Some people think it's because he was over marketed, and not enough of the public knew about him to push him so hard. Remember, from 2006–2007, he was included on Fab Five merchandise.

The Stitch television series still airs. He hasn't disappeared altogether. He just simply isn't as popular as he used to be.

(For the record, I love the original movie and own a few pieces of Stitch merch.)

jt04

I must respectfully disagree here. We may never know exactly why Stitch's popularity in the parks waned—and I mean Stitch himself, not his attraction. Some people think it's because he was over marketed, and not enough of the public knew about him to push him so hard. Remember, from 2006–2007, he was included on Fab Five merchandise.

The Stitch television series still airs. He hasn't disappeared altogether. He just simply isn't as popular as he used to be.

(For the record, I love the original movie and own a few pieces of Stitch merch.)

Seems to me the character is not especially likable, not Disney-esque and the original film was not classic Disney. I do give Disney credit for taking a gamble but the film would have been much better if the satire had of been heavier. The early teaser trailers showed so much promise for a movie that was ultimately quite ordinary. The sooner they sell off Stitch the better IMO. (now there is a property I wouldn't mind if Disney sold!:))

NewfieFan

Seems to me the character is not especially likable, not Disney-esque and the original film was not classic Disney. I do give Disney credit for taking a gamble but the film would have been much better if the satire had of been heavier. The early teaser trailers showed so much promise for a movie that was ultimately quite ordinary. The sooner they sell off Stitch the better IMO. (now there is a property I wouldn't mind if Disney sold!:))

What do you mean... "not likable"!?! My kids have just seen Stitch for the first time recently and they both love him!!! The lovable Stitch is very likable in my opinion!

jt04

What do you mean... "not likable"!?! My kids have just seen Stitch for the first time recently and they both love him!!! The lovable Stitch is very likable in my opinion!

I loath that little squirrely whatever it is..........in my opinion.:lol:

PS-- Shouldn't your kids be doing their homework?

DisneyMusician2

If they spent more time coming up with original attractionsa involving Stitch rather than "plussing" attractions that have already been there by adding his character, we might be better off.

Some of these have worked well and look natural (The Seas and Nemo) and others simply look wrong (Tiki Room: UNM, SGE). But certainly there must be some more creative solutions than move Stitch around the park until everyone really hates him for taking over all of their favorite attractions!

Spike-in-Berlin

Just bring the DL show to WDW and NO STITCH PLEASE!.... Stitch can be implemented into plenty of other places in any of the 4 parks...after all Stitch isnt from Hawaii :) He is from outer space :)

What you quote in the 1st paragraph is WHY I say this!!! It makes sense, it will be popular among all the generations, they can market Tiki Room merchandise (soemthing Disney personally really doesnt seem to do at either park, but the private artists bring in limited edition Tiki Room items and a fortune of them are sold!)... Also kep in mind that physically MOST of the original show is there at WDW so its not like they have to spend a zillion dollars to bring it up from scratch. SO all and all: Its a Good plan, will make a lot of people VERY HAPPY, will be a good attraction once again, and will experience a great return on their investment dollars. Win-Win for Disney, You, and Me! :) The silent majority favors this..as does most of us vocal people :)

EXACTLY! Disney could let the original show return with a minimum of costs (change the program and do some minor exchanges concerning the AAs and marquee) and test the popularity of the original. I think they will be surprised how many fans of the original shows are just waiting for it to return and if they even finally manage to include a shop with attraction based merchandise they will be surprised too. The risk is really at a minimum because if the show is against all odds a flop they still could introduce the Stitch-switch. And by the way. Tropical Serenade is said to have been Walt's favourite attraction so I think WDI should show some respect to the original concept.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom