Wild Tiki Room Rumor

puntagordabob

EXACTLY! Disney could let the original show return with a minimum of costs (change the program and do some minor exchanges concerning the AAs and marquee) and test the popularity of the original. I think they will be surprised how many fans of the original shows are just waiting for it to return and if they even finally manage to include a shop with attraction based merchandise they will be surprised too. The risk is really at a minimum because if the show is against all odds a flop they still could introduce the Stitch-switch. And by the way. Tropical Serenade is said to have been Walt's favourite attraction so I think WDI should show some respect to the original concept.

I really hope the original returns and the sell some merchandise.

Yes, me too! I am going to keep this in my prayers, and hopefully Walt Disney World will truly reveal in time that this rumor is true! I still believe this is a Win-Win for Disney!

Also the merchandise has always puzzled me or should I say the lack of...when I was a kid it always seemed to be a real shortage of Walt Disney's Enchanted Tiki Room merchandise, now as an adult it still seems true... and yet every time they have an event at Dl with some sort of Walt Disney's Enchanted Tiki Room tie-in they sell out fast, usually with a huge number of people still wanting the item and cannot get it...

SirGoofy

While I am sad to see that my JC won't be getting its rehab sooner, I'm glad to see Adventureland getting some love, especially if it's to fix the Tikis.

Is JC still in line for a big rehab? Cuz we definitely need it.

RSoxNo1

I wouldn't say that it is-but there hasnt been anything new there in quite some time.....and if that film does come out (and it sounds like its going to) then its an obvious fit.

Well, the last major attraction in the Magic Kingdom was added to Frontierland. I'm not really sure if there's any room for expansion there. Sure it hasn't had an addition since 1992, but the two rides that it does have are E Tickets. I would rather see weaker areas of the park improved (See: Tomorrowland)

MiklCraw4d

Well, the last major attraction in the Magic Kingdom was added to Frontierland. I'm not really sure if there's any room for expansion there. Sure it hasn't had an addition since 1992, but the two rides that it does have are E Tickets. I would rather see weaker areas of the park improved (See: Tomorrowland)

I think Tomorrowland and Fantasyland need major love first, I think Toontown needs a complete rethinking, and I think Adventureland needs a back-to-the-basics remodel.

That being said, there's still plenty of room for Thunder Mesa :)

Jooniper30

Personally, I love Stitch. He's my favorite character and I think the movie is great (though I'm not much into the sequels or the tv show). Stitch is a great original character to work off of.

The thing that makes me sad, I guess, is that they didn't make him his own attraction. They just re-vamped AE to suit .. which makes sense, but es off anyone who's ridden AE. I wish they'd stop adding in Stitch here and there, but instead make his own ride if anything, which I know they won't do because of SGE...which I actually think is cute but I've never ridden AE.

elchippo

I think Tomorrowland and Fantasyland need major love first, I think Toontown needs a complete rethinking, and I think Adventureland needs a back-to-the-basics remodel.

That being said, there's still plenty of room for Thunder Mesa :)

Regarding Adventureland, do you mean taking out the Middle Eastern theming/exotic hodge podge and getting back to the more tropical atmosphere?

MiklCraw4d

Regarding Adventureland, do you mean taking out the Middle Eastern theming/exotic hodge podge and getting back to the more tropical atmosphere?

In short.... YES!

The Flying Carpets mess can go over to DHS, which - oddly enough - could actually use an attraction of its type. Put it in the courtyard between the Little Mermaid show and the old Animation building.

Adventureland needs a massive restoration of Aloha...

EPCOT Explorer

In short.... YES!

The Flying Carpets mess can go over to DHS, which - oddly enough - could actually use an attraction of its type. Put it in the courtyard between the Little Mermaid show and the old Animation building.

Adventureland needs a massive restoration of Aloha...

Agreed...What happened to that great mysterious feel?

disneygirl76

Carey Poppins - Nanny and Disney Enthusiest
Oh I would love if they did this! Especially Illuminations! My DH and I LOVE the pre Millineum version! If they brought that back - I would shed tears of happiness!!

puntagordabob

Wow, I had to dig to find this thread. Here's a link to the original version of the show:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fhApjPASb64&feature=related

It's been a while since I last saw this, and I've got to say that I prefer it to all the new versions.

Yes... they worked some real magic back when they dreamed up Walt Disney's Enchanted Tiki Room! Ive seen all the other versions...was genuinely excited to see them too! BUT after seeing them, my conclusion (which seems to be the same conclusion as so many of you too!) is that the original show (modified as it is in Disneyland today) is as close to Perfect as we can aspire to in this day and age. I still give a personal Salute to the Imagineers who worked the Disneyland show into its present state... and I also applaud the Imagineers and management that seems poised to bring the DL show to WDW Orlando in the near future!
Thank you for listening to the many of us who love 'singing like the birdies sing!"

:sohappy: :wave: :sohappy: :wave: :sohappy:

Since1976

I thought the concept of introducing Iago and Zazu to the Tiki Room was a good one. What I didn't like was the introduction of pop and dance standards to the show, and the general negative attitude towards the Tiki Room's history.

I think they could revise the show to be closer to its original form, while still including Iago and Zazu as hosts.

MichWolv

Born Modest. Wore Off.
Premium Member
I thought the concept of introducing Iago and Zazu to the Tiki Room was a good one. What I didn't like was the introduction of pop and dance standards to the show, and the general negative attitude towards the Tiki Room's history.

I think they could revise the show to be closer to its original form, while still including Iago and Zazu as hosts.

Wow! What a thread revival. Nonetheless, I'll take the opportunity to comment further...

Disney has, in recent attractions, often leaned towards attractions that providce a different experience each time. Multiple drop sequences on ToT, TSMM and Buzz where you control your experience, MILFCC, Turtle Talk, Expedition Everest (cuz you never know what effect will be working until you ride :hammer:).

While it'd probably be hard to create a truly variable show (although probably not impossible), I've always thought the Tiki Room and New Management stuff could be combined. Show the original version in the morning and early afternoon. Then have a ceremony in mid-afternoon where new owners come in, and run the "Under New Management" show in the evening.

gus ghost

How about: Captain Jack Sparrow Presents: The Enchanted Pirate Birds- Pirate Companion Bootcamp!

Jack breaks out of the fountain in the middle of the show (where tiki goddess appears) and teaches Jose, Fritz and Pierre the pirate lifestyle. Arrrgh. Rum. Yo-Ho. :hurl:

jt04

How about: Captain Jack Sparrow Presents: The Enchanted Pirate Birds- Pirate Companion Bootcamp!

Jack breaks out of the fountain in the middle of the show (where tiki goddess appears) and teaches Jose, Fritz and Pierre the pirate lifestyle. Arrrgh. Rum. Yo-Ho. :hurl:

Hey I think I found Merf! :drevil:

(kidding)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom