NEED DL Tiki @ WDW

Have heard from fellow Tiki fans that
Enchanted TR @ DL refurb is very nice.

IF (???) they could do same @ WDW +
include some Stitch/Elvis music action
that would be GREAT :D

Duckberg/Big TIKI Fan :sohappy:

tirian

Supposidly, there were plans for this to happen with the last refurb, allowing for a night-time version of the attraction (which could also be easily updated for a seasonal overlay :animwink:) but due to budget reallocations, the money went into the incredible sound system overhaul that the entire mansion received, specifically reaching the updated Stretching Room, Attic, and Seance Room.

The "last refurb"? The last significant one was in the 90s. The next one will probably be around the 40th.

Methinks you've been fed some wrong information.

p.s. When HM reopened, I was glad to "hear" Holmes learned from his stupidity with the half-done POTC refurb, and actually invested money into the HM's audio system.

*giddy to use the term "methinks."*

Edit: I'm referring to the Tiki Room, not HM.

jedimaster1227

The "last refurb"? The last significant one was in the 90s. The next one will probably be around the 40th.

Methinks you've been fed some wrong information.

p.s. When HM reopened, I was glad to "hear" Holmes learned from his stupidity with the half-done POTC refurb, and actually invested money into the HM's audio system.

*giddy to use the term "methinks."*

I'm referring to the major overhaul the attraction received last year--that would be considered as a refurb by many.

tirian

Sorry, I think of "refurb" as closing to reopen with significant improvements and plussing.

Last year's was basically the sort of maintenance that used to happen more frequently.

Blame semantics.

jt04

Sorry, I think of "refurb" as closing to reopen with significant improvements and plussing.

Last year's was basically the sort of maintenance that used to happen more frequently.

Blame semantics.

I know it's just a difference of opinion but the new stairway scene and other upgrades make it more than a refurb to me. If only all refurbs were of such quality.

As for your signature, partridges make good eatin' :slurp:

http://www.cooks.com/rec/view/0,1926,146169-230195,00.html

I know it's a bit out of line in a Tiki Room thread, sorry

tirian

I know it's just a difference of opinion but the new stairway scene and other upgrades make it more than a refurb to me. If only all refurbs were of such quality.

As for your signature, partridges make good eatin' :slurp:

http://www.cooks.com/rec/view/0,1926,146169-230195,00.html

I know it's a bit out of line in a Tiki Room thread, sorry

???

I'm talking about the TIKI ROOM, not HM. Yes, HM was truly a "refurb"!

Didn't the Tiki Room go down for about a week last year? I don't keep track of these things. :confused:

RSoxNo1

???

Didn't the Tiki Room go down for about a week last year? I don't keep track of these things. :confused:

tirian, I agree with this perspective, I think there was just confusion. I would say the Tiki Room going down to re-open as Tiki Room under new management was considered a refurb, albeit a bad one. The recent lengthy downtimes in Haunted Mansion and Pirates of the Caribbean should also be considered, as should it's a small world. However, I understand how you wouldn't count annual things like Splash Mountain as of the same caliber.

drew_dawg

I am not impressed by you guys I thought since we're the big Disney Fans that we would have the most trust in disney and the Imagineers.

Look, I know that they had made some lousy rides and refrub classics that weren't great but I don't know about you guys but I'm ready for a huge overhual at MK not to like change the classics like they did with Tiki Room but to Pluss them!

BRING IT ON!!!

And throw in a new "E" Ticket!:)

pilka214

please bring the original Tiki Room back... PLEASE!!!

i went recently to MK with my girlfriend who had never experienced the Tiki Room and i had to explain to her how the original attraction was amazing but now it's just kinda lame........

it hurts me to watch Iago sing.....

jedimaster1227

???

Sorry about the confusion there! I was referring to Haunted Mansion. I've lost track of when the last Tiki Room refurbishment (or maintenance check up) was...

puntagordabob

please bring the original Tiki Room back... PLEASE!!!

i went recently to MK with my girlfriend who had never experienced the Tiki Room and i had to explain to her how the original attraction was amazing but now it's just kinda lame........

it hurts me to watch Iago sing.....

I hope they bring the Disneyland show to WDW too!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom