Wild Tiki Room Rumor

aladdin2007

I agree, seeing stitch in the tiki room might be kinda fun "if done right", mixed in with the original serenade show, and not tacky or annoying. I figured the tomorrowland show would go if that happened but since it just opened I cant see Disney closing it this soon or in the next 5 years?

Spike-in-Berlin

Well, at least Stitch with it's Hawaiian theming blends perfectly with the Polynesian Tiki-Room. Until today I don't understand what the Imagineers (which seem to have lost a lot of talent since Walts generation finally left their ranks) thought to introduce AFRICAN/ARABIAN characters into a Polynesian Show. I don't care about Stitch as long as the classic show songs return, the Luau Song, hawaiian war chant and of course the classic Tiki-Room song which at the moment is brutally interrupted after the first phrase by the most annoying, obnoxious and unsympathetic disney character ever introduced in an attraction, Iago.:mad:

EPCOT Explorer

The previous refurbishment of Imageworks (which was WDI's chance to survey the attraction space, and look at the remaining pieces of the original attraction that lay beneath the current queue and the What If? Labs' floors. Also, the closure of Figment's Place is a part of the equation.

Yes, the sprucing of Imageworks was essentially a part of the plan. As for Tomorrowland, the plans are meant for ours (and likely Shanghai's as well). As for our BNL buddy... I won't say anything just yet.

For current plans I can say yes. For Tropical Serenade, the show would essentially be reinstalled using the current setup of the room (though leaving the exit-Iago and main Iago and Zazu characters unused. Polynesia (I believe that is her name) would be removed and her character's space would be filled temporarily to fit in with the original show's essential atmosphere. Mind you, that is only if they decide that Tropical Serenade will return. Afterwards, Polynesia's spot would be filled by a sizable Stitch animatronic when the Enchanted Stitch Room show would be installed later on (pending the expected success of its Tokyo counterpart).

I've received confirmations on Space Mountain and Carousel of Progress, but nothing for Hall of Presidents (aside from assurance that George W. Bush will most likely be the last president to receive a personalized spiel to be included in an updated show).

Journey into Imagination (as far as I have been informed) is still set to procede by 2009 at the latest. Illuminations is also set to be updated in 2009. The Great Movie Ride and Star Tours will both receive fantastic updates (pending the approved timeframes) around that time as well.

Stitch would be moving to Adventureland to invade the Tiki Room, if-and-only-if the Tokyo version of the show is successful in the eyes of WDI and Walt Disney World management.

The wall was for some work on the rotating topiary base. That work is currently on hold until the place-filler is successfully created. As of this post, I have yet to hear if there has been any luck sculpting the new filler of this feature.

Imageworks has been given some work (I've heard mixed accounts on how much is still intact up there since I last visited during the Team Possible Challenge). As of right now, I can confirm that Figment's Coloring Book structure is still intact and visible from the entrance to the pavilion itself. I've also been told that the Rainbow Corridor (while still frozen on the red-orange color) is still in decent condition since my last close encounter.

The infrastructure of the attraction itself was removed years ago (as it was technically a tracked ride). The only remaining piece of the Swan Boats attraction is the dock at the edge of the Castle plaza/Tomorrowland entrance.
w000000000000000000t!

That made my day!

Thanks!:sohappy::sohappy::sohappy::sohappy:

Jasonflz

The Carousel of Progress isn't leaving is it? Does anyone know what will happen with the empty building next to Space Mountain. It's currently the home of some restrooms but it could be converted into an upstairs restaurant or a new attraction. I love that waterfall there though.

jedimaster1227

The Carousel of Progress isn't leaving is it? Does anyone know what will happen with the empty building next to Space Mountain. It's currently the home of some restrooms but it could be converted into an upstairs restaurant or a new attraction. I love that waterfall there though.

The former Skyway building is set to be demolished to make way for a new food service location. Mind you, it has yet to be decided if it would be table service or counter service.

Jasonflz

That's a real shame. They could have made the original unload area Tomorrowland Terrace. It would have provided a great view of Tomorrowland, especially at night. I know they already have one though but the Noodle station shouldn't really count as a terrace.

jt04

The former Skyway building is set to be demolished to make way for a new food service location. Mind you, it has yet to be decided if it would be table service or counter service.

Seems like every land should have a TS restaurant. Can't wait for that building to go. I've always felt it really messes up the entire scope of the land. Even when it was functional. The waterfall is nice though, when it works.

gus ghost

I certainly hope the original Tropical Serenade comes back! I really miss that show. It would also be great to bring the Florida Orange Bird back to the Sunshine Tree Terrace!

Retro for the 40th? That's awesome. I'd really love to see all those attractions spruced up! They did an awesome job updating the Haunted Mansion. Maybe they will replace Buzz Lightyear with "If you had wings" Hey, I can dream! ;)

puntagordabob

I have never been a Stitch fan but I really like the Tiki idea. It could still have elements of the original Tiki Room show but .

Ive seen the new Tokyo Stitch show with english translation.. it is nothing like the original...

Stitch works in Japan...he is a big hit there with the special releases starring him there...he is still current there too! Here in the US, while I do like Stitch (just not in The Tiki Room Please!) he just wouldnt be the draw here that he is there and it would be another disappointment I think for Disney.

I am Hopeful that the Disneyland show will truly return (well you know what I mean lol) to WDW Orlando... I think the current show at Disneyland will do quite well here....and it is clear that the silent majority is solidly behind this concept.... and that every time Disneyland has a Tiki event or release that it is a HUGE hit....

Also though... if this rumor of the Disneyland show coming to WDW Orlando indeed comes true, it is important to salute the Imagineers, and all the others at Walt Disney who made this possible!

puntagordabob

I don't care about Stitch as long as the classic show songs return, the Luau Song, hawaiian war chant and of course the classic Tiki-Room song which at the moment is brutally interrupted after the first phrase by the most annoying, obnoxious and unsympathetic disney character ever introduced in an attraction, Iago.:mad:

Iago was not the best choice for our beloved Tiki Room!

The new Stitch show in Tokyo "as is" is what we would supposedly get (in english of course)... and you will not hear any of the "classic show songs"... you will be disappointed here greatly.

On youtube someone has posted a video of the stitch show with english translations... I Love the Walt Disney's Enchanted Tiki Room (the edited one at Disneyland is not truly the Original show in its entirety, BUT it keeps the Heart and Soul of the original although slightly shorter...but hey this is a good compromise they came up with and it is a Winner!) over all these other versions! BUT if of the other versions, if they made a show with lets say Dalmations (101 dalmations) and put on a show, FEVER would be a good show.

Just a thought, why didnt they ever really do something like that with the 101 Dalmations?

aladdin2007

if they made a show with lets say Dalmations (101 dalmations) and put on a show, FEVER would be a good show.
Just a thought, why didnt they ever really do something like that with the 101 Dalmations?

huh?!?! :veryconfu

DisneyNut2007

I think the current show at Disneyland will do quite well here....and it is clear that the silent majority is solidly behind this concept....

Uh-uh. Not everybody is behind the concept, so don't jump to conclusions.

The original did not do well at WDW in its later years, which is why it had to leave. I still think that Iago and Zazu were great choices for the Tiki Room. And please stop getting so bent out of shape over UNM--absolutely NO disrespect was meant AT ALL by its creators. So many of you blow it all out of proportion and need to lighten up and develop a sense of humor and stop taking everything so seriously and literally.

Why do I sense another "purist movement" taking place on this already questionable forum... :(

EPCOT Explorer

Uh-uh. Not everybody is behind the concept, so don't jump to conclusions.

The original did not do well at WDW in its later years, which is why it had to leave. And I still think that Iago and Zazu were great choices for the Tiki Room.

Why do I sense another "purist movement" taking place on this already questionable forum... :(

Was that necessary?

And the attraction isn't even here yet...Why not hold judgement?:shrug:

puntagordabob

I was in Disneyland a few weeks ago and went to the Tiki Room. It was late in the day, and the place was packed. From the pre-show to the classic score, it was wonderful to see the old place running full steam to a full house of multiple generations. Teens to Grandpas were clapping and singing along. And to think that I remember the show being run down and people escaping half way through. It shows that if you REBUILD IT that people will come. I hope it comes back in its full glory.

A side note. One of the original proposals for the Tiki Room refurb at Disneyland was a show with a Lilo and Stitch overlay. It was designed by Steve Davison, who has done so much great work in recent years for Disney. Having his name attached leads me to believe that it would work, and would be a new classic. If it was done with somebody else then I would live in terror at the idea.

Just bring the DL show to WDW and NO STITCH PLEASE!.... Stitch can be implemented into plenty of other places in any of the 4 parks...after all Stitch isnt from Hawaii :) He is from outer space :)

What you quote in the 1st paragraph is WHY I say this!!! It makes sense, it will be popular among all the generations, they can market Tiki Room merchandise (soemthing Disney personally really doesnt seem to do at either park, but the private artists bring in limited edition Tiki Room items and a fortune of them are sold!)... Also kep in mind that physically MOST of the original show is there at WDW so its not like they have to spend a zillion dollars to bring it up from scratch. SO all and all: Its a Good plan, will make a lot of people VERY HAPPY, will be a good attraction once again, and will experience a great return on their investment dollars. Win-Win for Disney, You, and Me! :) The silent majority favors this..as does most of us vocal people :)

puntagordabob

I see no problem with it thematically. The tropical serenade of the Tiki Room and the tropics-loving Stitch make much more sense to me than tossing in 2 birds from 2 separate films that are not related in time or location.

In fact, I could easily see an homage to the original and the presence of Stitch working just fine. How does the TDL version incorporate Stitch? Is it like the characters in Small World, or is he an active part of the show?

Stitch interrupts the show and wants to be in it...plays music on guitar and sings (I guess thats what he is doing)...he talks quite a bit during part of the show.

The show at Tokyo with Stitch will not have the the songs from the original so if you think they will then your in for disappointment. There is a version of the show on youtube with english translations that I have seen...

Maybe they should make a show somewhere else called Stitch and the 101 Dalmations..... it would be original, and they could have some real fun with that...
...But Please give Jose back his show! :)

puntagordabob

Actually, WDI is very confident that the Enchanted Stitch Room show will go over well in Tokyo.

Of course Stitch is a huge popular icon in the Japanese market on par with Mickey Mouse here.... but this isnt Japan, so what works with Stitch in Japan will not work in the USA in this case. Add that to the fact that people seem to have been turned off by Stitch in general at WDW due to the Tomorrowland attraction he currently lives in.

Give Stitch a New Home! Epcot or Hollywood Studios could use him as a character tie in somewhere in the future since Stitch is an Alien/Scifi character.

puntagordabob

"Uh-uh. Not everybody is behind the concept, so don't jump to conclusions."

Yes I know...but this time you appear to be a member of the minority.

"The original did not do well at WDW in its later years, which is why it had to leave. I still think that Iago and Zazu were great choices for the Tiki Room. And please stop getting so bent out of shape over UNM--absolutely NO disrespect was meant AT ALL by its creators. So many of you blow it all out of proportion and need to lighten up and develop a sense of humor and stop taking everything so seriously and literally."

I am far from being the 1st person who disliked the UNM....seems like it has been reviled by so many for several years now. And How can it be Under New Management after 10 years anyways? ROFL As for it insulting the original, Good Point you make as UNM DOES do that quite a bit which is in poor taste IMHO. Interesting that you pointed that out though since I did NOT point that out in this post, maybe you got that impression from the multitudes of other posters over the past decade regarding that issue.

"Why do I sense another "purist movement" taking place on this already questionable forum..." :(

If I was a Purist as you tag me....I would have to hate the Disneyland show as it is NOT the true original show.... However I DO like the Disneyland show as it has evolved (shorter, minus offenbach etc....) into its present.... Also notice the only attraction I have truly discussed is Walt Disney's Enchanted Tiki Room...Im not posting regarding other changes in other attractions that many people are discussing or upset about... so I suppose by saying I am a Purist your arguement is flawed.

While I mean you No disrespect (though it appears other responders seem to believe that you clearly intended to disrespect me for my views on this subject)...It Seems to me, you are the one who needs to lighten up and relax!

jedimaster1227

Of course Stitch is a huge popular icon in the Japanese market on par with Mickey Mouse here.... but this isnt Japan, so what works with Stitch in Japan will not work in the USA in this case. Add that to the fact that people seem to have been turned off by Stitch in general at WDW due to the Tomorrowland attraction he currently lives in.

Give Stitch a New Home! Epcot or Hollywood Studios could use him as a character tie in somewhere in the future since Stitch is an Alien/Scifi character.

Thats an assumption that can't be made on opinion alone. Stitch's popularity has only waned due to his lowered presence (no more movies, no more show). The general public finds no issue with Stitch as a character. The attraction itself is not the failure everyone considers it to be (it just isn't as successful as it was expected to be--but regardless), it continues to have plenty of lines and plenty of second-time riders each day. Had the show had such a negative following as you seem to have implied, it would have been closed over the last two years or highly modified once again [which it hasn't had a major retooling since 2006].

Many find Stitch's appeal to come from his more friendly, less meddlesome side--and in that notion, the show has a chance. While that is my opinion, you have to remember that we were the first of any of the resorts to get Stitch, so to say that he is not nearly as successful here would be incorrect. Stitch has a very different following in Japan (so much that Disney is creating a show in Japan with a re-imagined, cuddly, more cute Stitch in Anime form) and to compare his presence here to that of Japan would be besides the point considering the different circumstances.

And for further clarification, I have double checked to see what I could find out about our potential version of the new show... The new show in Japan takes cues from existing show pieces and characters from the room's past. Unlike our room, their Tiki Room has different main character birds and somewhat of a different storyline. Our version would be far more connected to our previous versions with songs from the original (and jokes at the expense of Iago and Zazu) as well as some Elvis added in there. The show would be a little longer, with a little less telling of what is happening and more singing. And yes, the Tiki Tiki Tiki Room song will start the show off as always.

puntagordabob

What about "Lets all sing like the Birdies do?" Believe it or not I love that song almost as much as "Tiki tiki tiki room"! :) And what about Jose leading the show and his flock?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom