Upcoming/Rumored Projects

twilight mitsuk

It doesn't make sense because the route would be overly long around the massive backside of The Haunted Mansion and Rivers of America as well as plowing through a large area of infrastructure. "It's a small world" isn't primarily being moved in Tokyo to make extra space but deal with serious structural issues.

Magic Kingdom was going to share development costs on TRON Light Cycle Run like it did with Seven Dwarfs Mine Train.

Just move IASW to epcot

Wikkler

Just move IASW to epcot
  1. Disney's gonna find a way to market it as "new".
  2. The masses will be extremely disappointed when they go to "Disney World" and it's not there.
  3. The cast members already go through enough.
  4. It does not fit the tone of the park that much, either.
  5. On the other hand, if they market it successfully (I know, once in a blue moon) it could increase traffic to Epcot.

RSoxNo1

HWS needs an overhaul though, along with Future World at Epcot, Dinoland U.S.A & of course Tomorrowland. Movie sucked though like I sorta liked it, but only because of the name mainly, and because of the gorgeous CGI, and set design. The movie had no villain, no real motif, no tension etc.
Hollywood Studios is getting Toy Story and Star Wars. Epcot is getting Soarin' Around the World and Frozen Ever After (it needs a lot more), MK needs to see Tomorrowland totally redone. Everything should either be removed or upgraded.

RSoxNo1

1. Disney's gonna find a way to market it as "new".
  2. The masses will be extremely disappointed when they go to "Disney World" and it's not there.
  3. The cast members already go through enough.
  4. It does not fit the tone of the park that much, either.
  5. On the other hand, if they market it successfully (I know, once in a blue moon) it could increase traffic to Epcot.
It's a Small World is the absolute perfect bridge between World Showcase and Future World. If anything it's a poor fit for Fantasyland.

Daveeeeed

Hollywood Studios is getting Toy Story and Star Wars. Epcot is getting Soarin' Around the World and Frozen Ever After (it needs a lot more), MK needs to see Tomorrowland totally redone. Everything should either be removed or upgraded.
I meant as all these need an expansion equally, and MK equally needs it as much as those that have been announced for the other parks. Thanks for informing me, but if you've seen me around the forum you would know I already knew about the lands. :happy:

roj2323

MK needs to see Tomorrowland totally redone. Everything should either be removed or upgraded.

I agree but lets upgrade rather than bulldoze. Replace Stitch with a family friendly omni mover of some kind, Plus Monsters inc or bring back the circle theater with a Guardians of the Galaxy show, Update and enhance Space Mountain or gut it and replace it with a launched coaster with a 3 abreast ride capacity (24 riders per train) while maintaining the theming, Update buzz with new guns on cables and 3 dimensional props to shoot at, Gut and replace the final scene in Carousel of Progress and last but not least Bulldoze Tomorrowland speedway and replace it with a Tron coaster.

Daveeeeed

I agree but lets upgrade rather than bulldoze. Replace Stitch with a family friendly omni mover of some kind, Plus Monsters inc or bring back the circle theater with a Guardians of the Galaxy show, Update and enhance Space Mountain or gut it and replace it with a launched coaster with a 3 abreast ride capacity (24 riders per train) while maintaining the theming, Update buzz with new guns on cables and 3 dimensional props to shoot at, Gut and replace the final scene in Carousel of Progress and last but not least Bulldoze Tomorrowland speedway and replace it with a Tron coaster.
Please no more omnimovers.

Last edited:

Daveeeeed

What about a ride with time travel? They could make a ride called "Past The Velocity of Time" theme it to time travel, and maybe use vehicles similar to Escape From Gringotts, so where the roller coaster carts can rotate, and the track can tilt. Basically extreme quality coaster, but make it also like Gringotts, so it is more of a dark ride than a coaster. Yes please update buzz! Personally I don't like the idea of a Tron coaster in Tomorrowland. I feel that a semi thrill ride like the one I mentioned above could even out tomorrowland's attraction's, but maybe a loop de loop coaster in Adventureland for the real thrill seekers. For a second new ride in tomorrowland could be a Wall-e ride on a Ratatouille very minor thrill level for all ages, or maybe even a Portal ride based on the enormously popular video game franchise. Tomorrowland speedway could have a relocated IASW go there with shops and quite possibly a restaurant on that side. Also if Tomorrowland was to be redone it would be crazy for the trees to block the railroad to be there, so buildings whether for rides, shops, or restaurants should surround the entire land to make it feel futuristic and to continue the flow. Where Stitch is I would hope that they keep the same attraction footprint, but honestly just go all out and theme it to Alien, but without the gore. Could require guests to be 12+ to go there, would really get some thrill seekers, and an older audience to go there.

CastleBound

It's a Small World is the absolute perfect bridge between World Showcase and Future World. If anything it's a poor fit for Fantasyland.
Agree that IASW is a poor fit for Fantasyland, but really it's the only place that makes sense in MK. If it was ever moved to Epcot I'd be ed haha. It is one of the essential rides of MK for me and if it wasn't part of my day there, I'd be upset. I just did a day trip to MK 2 weeks ago and boy it would have felt wrong if I had to miss it because it was in Epcot.

Daveeeeed

Agree that IASW is a poor fit for Fantasyland, but really it's the only place that makes sense in MK. If it was ever moved to Epcot I'd be ****ed haha. It is one of the essential rides of MK for me and if it wasn't part of my day there, I'd be upset. I just did a day trip to MK 2 weeks ago and boy it would have felt wrong if I had to miss it because it was in Epcot.
Just one question, how does it not fit? The architecture, the type of ride, it's a fantasy style ride with hopes for a better world. It could work in Epcot, but the park as a whole would reject that, while in Fantasyland the style of the ride it works fantastically. Although they need to make a full facade.

Ripken10

Thanks guys - have enjoyed the last few days worth of posts here on this thread...love the brainstorming of ideas of what WDW could do rather than the complaining we see on most other threads. It is more enjoyable to read and why I come on here...

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Just one question, how does it not fit? The architecture, the type of ride, it's a fantasy style ride with hopes for a better world. It could work in Epcot, but the park as a whole would reject that, while in Fantasyland the style of the ride it works fantastically. Although they need to make a full facade.

It's a ride about all the people of the world coming together in peace and harmony..... Definitely belongs in Fantasyland. ;)

Daveeeeed

It's a ride about all the people of the world coming together in peace and harmony..... Definitely belongs in Fantasyland. ;)
Walt Disney thought it fit... Sure Epcot wasn't there back then. Why is this such a big issue now? It'll never be moved to Epcot and it is in 5 Fantasylands across 3 different continents Disney sure thought it works well there.

Daveeeeed

Fantasyland isn't just about Fantasy, it is also about architecture, climate, and if it just works. Do you think the magic carpets belong in adventure land? It isn't just about adventure it is about jungle, exotic, etc. same applies for Fantasyland.

CastleBound

I just don't really see much that pertains to Fantasy while on the ride. It's just people from around the world singing. I agree it would fit better in Epcot for that reason, but the fantasy aspect just doesn't hit me. Actually it's probably a fantasy that the world will work together one day, so maybe it fits haha.

The outside architecture obviously works for the area, but only because it looks like everything else in the area. Remove that and how does it fit into Fantasyland? I'm not too sure. Personally I hope it always stays there.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Fantasyland isn't just about Fantasy, it is also about architecture, climate, and if it just works. Do you think the magic carpets belong in adventure land? It isn't just about adventure it is about jungle, exotic, etc. same applies for Fantasyland.

;) = Sarcasm. I don't actually have an opinion either way on this topic.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom