Upcoming/Rumored Projects

SteamboatJoe

Epcot's also rooted in the World's Fair and could be a bridge between Future World and World Showcase. Carousel of Progress could also be sent to Epcot as part of this "nod to the roots" thing. Also by relocating It's a Small World, you can expand Fantasyland further, perhaps giving Tangled something besides bathrooms.

Re-locating and updating CoP to Future World makes a ton of sense. As much as we all would like to see the Wonders of Life building return to its former glory, it would be a perfect location for CoP. CoP is not only a much better fit with the Epcot theme, it also starts to open up space in Tomorrowland for significant improvement. Take out the dancing area, the old skyway port, CoP, and Tomorrowland Speedway, and possibly even some of the backstage area between it and Main Street and you've got a good amount of space to work with.

While I agree IASW in Epcot would not be a bad idea, I don't see it happening. Hall of Presidents replacing the show in American Adventure would probably have a better shot.

FigmentJedi

While I agree IASW in Epcot would not be a bad idea, I don't see it happening. Hall of Presidents replacing the show in American Adventure would probably have a better shot.
Except Liberty Square entirely built around the purpose of being home to the Hall of Presidents and the American Adventure building is built specifically to house the massive show infrastructure. Also, though complimentary to one another, they serve very different purposes and goals in what they convey.

Daveeeeed

Re-locating and updating CoP to Future World makes a ton of sense. As much as we all would like to see the Wonders of Life building return to its former glory, it would be a perfect location for CoP. CoP is not only a much better fit with the Epcot theme, it also starts to open up space in Tomorrowland for significant improvement. Take out the dancing area, the old skyway port, CoP, and Tomorrowland Speedway, and possibly even some of the backstage area between it and Main Street and you've got a good amount of space to work with.

There is already enough room without having even including the speedway to add two new rides. Only thing that could be a problem is the drainage pond south of SM, but I will assume that can be shrunken. I seriously doubt they are ever going to relocate COP. 1 We need a health pavilion back in Epcot, not COP. 2 it would never happen because frankly COP never has a wait, and the theater never fills, of course Christmas break it will, but it doesn't even have a 15 minute wait when it does. The theater is not cheap to rebuild as well. FW. Requires something great to go to each pavilion as it is so spread out. COP as it is can't attract people in a park that attracts millions of more visitors, do you think it being even more isolated would increase the popularity? It is going to sink even more. Would be a terrible decision on Disney's part to move it to Epcot. UOE is different because all the other non thrill rides besides of course SpaceShip Earth sucks. By adding COP you are only going to get Ellen's crowd flow possibly, so yu could see more traffic in that sense, but it would be after each 40 something minute ride. Plus in the long term if they update, The Land, The Seas, Imagination, and UOE, then COP will face the problem that it can't compete with a single ride in the park. It might wor short term, but when Ellen gets a refurb along with Imagination. It would be a disaster for COP. Keep it in Tomorrowland, and redo the exterior plus update the ride, and then it will fit. Tomorrowland stretching from buzz to SM is so bad, they need a ride, shops, and maybe a restaraunt connecting all those buildings to give it a proper flow. COP can stay as long as they completly redo the exterior and landscaping around it.

Daveeeeed

Please don't take away the glorious American Adventure for what Jungle Cruise Skippers say (and it is true) is the most boring attraction in WDW.

Daveeeeed

I actually like the Morgan Freeman version that's in there now. Putting the Lincoln animatronic's talk time in the middle of the show was a great idea. Breaks up the tedium of the slideshow.
It's by all means IMO not a bad show, but it doesn't leave me in awe like The American Adventure.

Goofyernmost

There is already enough room without having even including the speedway to add two new rides. Only thing that could be a problem is the drainage pond south of SM, but I will assume that can be shrunken. I seriously doubt they are ever going to relocate COP. 1 We need a health pavilion back in Epcot, not COP. 2 it would never happen because frankly COP never has a wait, and the theater never fills, of course Christmas break it will, but it doesn't even have a 15 minute wait when it does. The theater is not cheap to rebuild as well. FW. Requires something great to go to each pavilion as it is so spread out. COP as it is can't attract people in a park that attracts millions of more visitors, do you think it being even more isolated would increase the popularity? It is going to sink even more. Would be a terrible decision on Disney's part to move it to Epcot. UOE is different because all the other non thrill rides besides of course SpaceShip Earth sucks. By adding COP you are only going to get Ellen's crowd flow possibly, so yu could see more traffic in that sense, but it would be after each 40 something minute ride. Plus in the long term if they update, The Land, The Seas, Imagination, and UOE, then COP will face the problem that it can't compete with a single ride in the park. It might wor short term, but when Ellen gets a refurb along with Imagination. It would be a disaster for COP. Keep it in Tomorrowland, and redo the exterior plus update the ride, and then it will fit. Tomorrowland stretching from buzz to SM is so bad, they need a ride, shops, and maybe a restaraunt connecting all those buildings to give it a proper flow. COP can stay as long as they completly redo the exterior and landscaping around it.
Also the removal of CoP for any other attraction that doesn't fit exactly in that building renders a huge problem of what do you do with the People Mover? That is attached and runs around the show building. Losing one may very well cause the loss of that as well. Be careful what you wish for. CoP is enough of a historical attraction that it fits just fine where it is.

WhatJaneSays

Also the removal of CoP for any other attraction that doesn't fit exactly in that building renders a huge problem of what do you do with the People Mover? That is attached and runs around the show building. Losing one may very well cause the loss of that as well. Be careful what you wish for. CoP is enough of a historical attraction that it fits just fine where it is.
I would guess any removal of CoP would make that space into exposition space (like Disneyland) or a stationary show rather than a new ride. That building is oddly situated, but it wouldn't really be worth knocking down unless there was a complete Tomorrowland re-do.

Daveeeeed

I agree 100% with you. I think it is absurd that people now want COP & IASW to move to Epcot. I mean where did this come from? Just makes no sense just keep it there, and while this is going on people are saying they would be fine with another omnimover at MK. Might as well go to Universal if this is what Disney's future is, but thankfully it is not. Disney probably won't do Horizons before Imagination etc., but I beyond doubt they will ever move it to Epcot, and thankfully too.

Daveeeeed

I would guess any removal of CoP would make that space into exposition space (like Disneyland) or a stationary show rather than a new ride. That building is oddly situated, but it wouldn't really be worth knocking down unless there was a complete Tomorrowland re-do.
Even then it would be silly, there is so much room surrounding it on either side, and especially in the speedway, and even getting rid of Stitch etc.

DisneyDaver

*Whoever reads any responses to this message or thinks that what I am saying makes no sense, PLEASE read my whole reply as I really want everyone to understand what I am saying, and not that I am posting stuff for no reason as my point is very valid*

I read your entire (not just the quote above) reply before responding. Like you, I would love to see a KUKA arm or other more technologically advanced rides at WDW, but I'd also love to see another omnimover ride. I suspect that you don't have young kids (maybe I'm wrong, just my guess). Many of the rides styles you mention like the KUKA arms will have height requirements that will prevent young kids from riding. One of the great things about WDW (especially MK) is that there are a number of rides without height requirements. I'd like to see more of those ... even if that means another omnimover ride.

AEfx

and while this is going on people are saying they would be fine with another omnimover at MK.

I'd be ecstatic about a new Omnimover ride at MK. I'd rather see more lavish show scenes and environments than them spending a chunk of R&D on something ultimately stupid like the "sway" of 7DMT to make it "different".

I also think the EMV was criminally underused by the Disney company, they could easily have an EMV ride in each park and it wouldn't be too much.

Daveeeeed

I read your entire (not just the quote above) reply before responding. Like you, I would love to see a KUKA arm or other more technologically advanced rides at WDW, but I'd also love to see another omnimover ride. I suspect that you don't have young kids (maybe I'm wrong, just my guess). Many of the rides styles you mention like the KUKA arms will have height requirements that will prevent young kids from riding. One of the great things about WDW (especially MK) is that there are a number of rides without height requirements. I'd like to see more of those ... even if that means another omnimover ride.
They need a vehicle to enhance the story not just show you it. Haunted Mansion is a tour it works. Buzz just works because of the shooter design. Little Mermaid feels like a book report. It's fine they way it is, but please don't add more. Perfectly great non height vehicles are: Safaris Vehicle, Lps trackless system, whatever the Great Movie Ride/Ellen system is called, PeopleMover, Peter Pan's flight, and Pooh, Toy Story Midway Mania, the list goes on and on. MK needs a semi-thrill ride so bad, and if or when that is does a trackless dark ride would be epic. Nothing wrong with height restrictions I remember not being able to ride Kali, but rode it next time we came back. Plus anyway the less people can go on the better honestly, not to mention that is true already for SM yet it has 100 minute waits many days.

Daveeeeed

Please explain why a ride is better if less people can go on it.
Less waits. Rides are best if all people can go on, but then you will have an infinity wait as seen in Toy Story Midway Mania if you do not have enough rides in a certain age range. Dumbo is for little kids, Space Mountain is for older, that is just how it is. If for some odd reason they did not require a height requirement the waits would be even longer. It is just how it is, people do change depending on what is available, but then the super great rides will be most affected. That is why ultra capacity rides work best for all ages. Some examples: Potc, HM, and even Ratatouille in Paris.
There needs to be a balance just like they've done, but now there needs to be another thrill ride over everything, because thrill ride waits to non thrill rides are un proportional. Once they do that then a high capacity Lps would be a fantastic addition, or going more creative, a ride with a hot air balloon vehicle.

Last edited:

Flippin'Flounder

Less waits. Rides are best if all people can go on, but then you will have an infinity wait as seen in Toy Story Midway Mania if you do not have enough rides in a certain age range. Dumbo is for little kids, Space Mountain is for older, that is just how it is. If for some odd reason they did not require a height requirement the waits would be even longer. It is just how it is, people do change depending on what is available, but then the super great rides will be most affected. That is why ultra capacity rides work best for all ages. Some examples: Potc, HM, and even Ratatouille in Paris.
There needs to be a balance just like they've done, but now there needs to be another thrill ride over everything, because thrill ride waits to non thrill rides are un proportional. Once they do that then a high capacity Lps would be a fantastic addition, or going more creative, a ride with a hot air balloon vehicle.
Why not a high-capacity thrill ride?

VIPguide_2030

Since this isn't a rumor space anyways and we are on the subject I still like the idea of:
  • Move COP to EPCOT, gut Odyssey (would really like to know how much space exists in this building to do something like that) and it would be a great bridge between FW and WS. COP is overlooked at MK but with less attractions and more adults I can see attendance rising.
  • I once thought IASW would be great in Epcot and still think it would be great but I would now rather build a DL style building where the Speedway is and make it a perfect bridge between the 2 land. Pinocchio would take the place of IASW since the Haus is right next door and theming would be perfect.
  • Laugh Floor becomes part of phase 3 at HS (Monstropolis) and Buzz could go bye bye thus making way for the Tron Light cycle and then Stitch goes for a Big Hero 6 type attraction. COP could be re-purposed for a show or a simulator.
  • Health pavilion at EPCOT that focuses on the human body.
That is my blue sky at least...

ParksAndPixels

In the Parks
Yes
This is needed. So much. Too bad Disney's too busy focusing on catching up with Universal to try to be different or insightful or even helpful.

Would be great to have this back, unfortunately too many people would likely complain or claim discrimination because Disney is promoting good health practices..

Wikkler

Would be great to have this back, unfortunately too many people would likely complain or claim discrimination because Disney is promoting good health practices..
There's two vocal camps in America it seems: the gluten-free paleo anti-GMO camp, and the hamburgers and hot dogs crowd. We need a Health pavilion that won't off either camp. Something that's not Habit Heroes.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom