1. The new WDWMAGIC app for iPhone and iPad is now available on the App Store.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Welcome to the WDWMAGIC.COM Forums!
    Please take a look around, and feel free to sign up and join the community.You can use your Twitter or Facebook account to sign up, or register directly.
    Dismiss Notice

Upcoming/Rumored Projects

Discussion in 'WDW Parks News, Rumors and Current Events' started by wdwmagic, Mar 5, 2013.

1. wdwmagic

wdwmagic Administrator Moderator

Last updated: 9 May 2017

Disney's Animal Kingdom
    Disney's Hollywood Studios
    Epcot
    Magic Kingdom
    Disney Springs
    Resort Areas
    Transportation

Last edited: May 9, 2017
  2. Cosmic Commando

Cosmic Commando Well-Known Member

@wdwmagic or anyone else, what is the status of the screens at the bus stops that we saw a while ago at the Grand Floridian that would tell you when the next bus was coming? Are they expanding to other resorts? Already there? Killed?

coachwnh likes this.
  3. neoshinok

neoshinok Well-Known Member

Seems like it would be easier/cheaper for them to build that into the MDE app. Although obviously not everyone would benefit from that as they would from the screens.

4. DisneyGuyNYC

DisneyGuyNYC Well-Known Member

Could use a few more E-Tickets all around. Seems like a lot of things need "complete refurbishments" and "complete redevelopments."

Can we just drop Carsland and Avatarland altogether and reallocate those resources please?

5. Cosmic Commando

Cosmic Commando Well-Known Member

I'm not totally one of dem 'puter knowing guys (actually computers I'm pretty good with, but getting them to talk to each other...), but is it easier to put that info into a small system that would just be on those screens at bus stops as opposed to integrating it into the MM+ behemoth? And I think most of the time you're going somewhere anyway, so I think the bus stop idea would work. I think "get to the bus stop, see which has the best combination of line and impending bus arrival" would be more common than "check smart phone, bus to MK is going to be 20 minutes, stay in room for evening".

TP2000 likes this.
  6. DisneyGuyNYC

Respectfully I have to disagree. I'm sure that for a certain generation that behavior is but it's not the future. It much easier to deploy that information to the screens that 75%+ of the population in Disney already has and likes to use than it is to buy and set up and maintain a bunch of TVs they need to walk over to. If its just an app displaying the same information why not do it in your hand, wherever you are? I check Google before I leave for the subway everyday. People are on their phones constantly. There's no overhead other than building an app is they already have a bus tracking system in place.

I respectfully, but deeply, disagree.

I imagine all the lines and maps with constantly updating service and time information available in my hand. "Oh, Splash mountains down/the wait is 75 minutes. We better not leave Tomorrowland." "THE NEXT BUS IS HERE IN TEN WE GOTTA LEAVE THE ROOM!" That sounds a lot more like my life than moseying over to some TV set outdoors and waiting.

If I'm already waiting... What's the point?

7. RandomPrincess

RandomPrincess Keep Moving Forward Premium Member

Isn't Fountain View in Epcot supposed to be converted to add Starbucks this year?

bethymouse likes this.
  8. JimboJones123

JimboJones123 Well-Known Member

I may be reading this all wrong, but basically nothing is happening in 2013, right?

Wasn't Avatar pre-announced before HP 2, and now HP 2 is more than half way done and Avatar has had no progression at all?

WDW is an absolute progression mess.

Without Next-gen, most of these projects could be complete by now.

It could be the 90s again. Remember, when the company redefined "vacation"? Not this wheel spinning.

9. WDWFigment

WDWFigment Well-Known Member

I'd love having them in the app on a single screen. There are times when I would take the earliest bus that comes rather than a specific one (e.g. when the Crescent Lake resorts are running separate buses), and it would probably be difficult to see all of the status screens at once.

Plus, I assume doing it in-app would be considerably cheaper. Could be wrong on that, though.

bethymouse and DisneyGuyNYC like this.
  10. DisneyGuyNYC

Aren't you excited for the new developments? Now they have Kali WITHOUT the effects, new toilets, they're repainting buses, and we have these swanky bracelets! Who needs an E-Ticket?!

bethymouse likes this.
  11. marni1971

marni1971 WDW History nut Premium Member

Scary. Mostly what used to be called routine upgrades and nice little additions.

Thanks Steve.

12. twebber55

twebber55 Well-Known Member

thanks for the update

bethymouse likes this.
  13. MickeyMario

MickeyMario Well-Known Member

14. menamechris

menamechris Well-Known Member

Upcoming and Rumored Project threads used to be exciting. Today, I find this thread depressing. It shows that we are still years away from any substantial additions to the parks. The glacial pace that DIsney moves on projects now is mindboggling. Not only does it take them forever to construct projects - but they drag their feet for years to greenlight anything thats not DVC related or an interactive game.

tnmowgli, Epicpilot, cba and 9 others like this.
  15. dreamscometrue

dreamscometrue Well-Known Member

I wouldn't call 7DMT, Avatarland, Disney Springs (as described by Spirit and others) or Carsland/Pixar 'Land' "nice little additions". Except for the former, which is likely still an expensive, wonderfully themed family coaster, the other 3 projects would each likely be several hundred million dollars. Just sayin' :)

16. prfctlyximprct

prfctlyximprct Well-Known Member

Saw again that Spectromagic will be back this year.. any updates on this?

Bugz, tnmowgli and bethymouse like this.
  17. DisneyGuyNYC

7DMT is cool single ride but it isn't competitive. Avatarland is essentially a vague idea mentioned now years ago of a way to waste a ton of capital on a movie people have forgotten about. Carsland is in DCA and nothing has been announced for WDW.

bethymouse and HMF like this.
  18. Zman-ks

Zman-ks Well-Known Member

I totally agree....Avatar was a good movie but its time has faded away. I only see Avatarland working is if they start releasing a series of movies or something to relaunch it.

bethymouse likes this.
  19. Darth Sidious

Darth Sidious Authentically Disney Distinctly Chinese Premium Member

Thanks for this Steve, although I can't help but say to myself ... "That's it?" Lol

20. menamechris

menamechris Well-Known Member

These are "nice little additions" given that they are the entire potential for what will likely come this decade. I don't even view these projects as "additions" as much as "taking care of unfinished business". All Avatarland and Carsland will do it make those parks (hopefully) worthy of their ticket price, and perhaps make those parks full days to every guest. DIsney Springs will be a decade overdue once complete, since TDO decided to prematurely kill PI, and allow Downtown Disney to deteriorate. 7DMT is simply making an expensive expansion worthy of mentioning beyond "Wow, this looks nice..."

Just my opinion.

bethymouse likes this.