Upcoming/Rumored Projects

Wikkler

I heard from this guy that works at Disney that w the opening weekend of Star Wars they are going to remove Cinderellas castle and build the millennium falcon. No more flying dumbo that's going to be the new ewok ride.
72e.gif

dreamscometrue

Disney stock being downgraded to "sell" due to cord cutters not buying ESPN despite Star Wars' great success is never good news for anticipated new projects. Budgets get cut to keep Wall Street happy.

Not good news for phase 2 plans for any project currently under construction.

Yeah, I wouldn't be too worried. Parks and Resorts is a very large source of revenue, and Disney knows that a sizable investment can significantly increase revenue, and profits, in this sector. It's been proven with Carsland, and by what Universal did with Harry Potter.

Further, the stock issues are not as dire as some suggest. Case in point...

" Disney stock is already up huge. Disney has been a massive winner - in part - because investors have already anticipated the company's ability to refresh the "Star Wars" franchise and maximize profits from all its franchises. Shares of Disney are up nearly 14% this year - while the Standard & Poor's 500 has been flat."

"Despite the mounting worries about ESPN, though, most investors see the diversity of Disney's business units as a big plus. Analysts, on average, think Disney could be worth $119 a share in 18 months, which would be 13% upside from the current price.
There's much more life to "Star Wars: The Force Awakens," too. The film is expected to haul in $1.95 billion from the box office, says Goldman.Disney is just getting started with this franchise. But the real Force is Disney itself."

Source: http://www.usatoday.com/story/money/markets/2015/12/23/disney-stock-down-star-wars/77834078/

doctornick

FWIW, I think it's very likely that we'll get both a cast parking structure to the north and the massive fireworks launch area to the south ont he other side of World Drive from DHS. With an overpass over World Drive from the parking for CMs to get into the park. No reason we wouldn't see both of those things on that land, which is already designated as "suitable for development" unlike most of the land around DHS.

dstrawn9889

with the launch area so close to would have to be a roofed garage... disney would not want to pay for fallout damage to a CMs vehicle parked up top. probably a 'no' there; they already have a deck on the other side of world drive

DarthMileZ

Yeah, I wouldn't be too worried. Parks and Resorts is a very large source of revenue, and Disney knows that a sizable investment can significantly increase revenue, and profits, in this sector. It's been proven with Carsland, and by what Universal did with Harry Potter.

Further, the stock issues are not as dire as some suggest. Case in point...

" Disney stock is already up huge. Disney has been a massive winner - in part - because investors have already anticipated the company's ability to refresh the "Star Wars" franchise and maximize profits from all its franchises. Shares of Disney are up nearly 14% this year - while the Standard & Poor's 500 has been flat."

"Despite the mounting worries about ESPN, though, most investors see the diversity of Disney's business units as a big plus. Analysts, on average, think Disney could be worth $119 a share in 18 months, which would be 13% upside from the current price.
There's much more life to "Star Wars: The Force Awakens," too. The film is expected to haul in $1.95 billion from the box office, says Goldman.Disney is just getting started with this franchise. But the real Force is Disney itself."

Source: http://www.usatoday.com/story/money/markets/2015/12/23/disney-stock-down-star-wars/77834078/

Agreed, as soon as star wars lands opens, there will be alot of non disney fans going there.. might even become the busiest park.

Daveeeeed

Agreed, as soon as star wars lands opens, there will be alot of non disney fans going there.. might even become the busiest park.
I seriously doubt it will surpass The Magic Kingdom. Do you think then Disneyland Park will become the largest park in the world? Now that is possible, but still unlikely. I think it'll be number two in Orlando (Non of the parks' attendance is going to go down), but at least before phase 3 it has little to no chance to be the top park in the world.

Daveeeeed

How about this unfounded rumor of the Tron coaster replacing the Tomorrowland Speedway?
Just a thought, but what would more than likely happen is iasw would be relocated to the speedway land like Tokyo did, and then they'll connect Frontierland to Fantasyland. By no means is that a fact at all, but personally that seems to be what is in Disney's best interest.

lazyboy97o

When something cool that is new is built at another park people start saying I would love that here, and somehow that translates to a rumor.
TRON Light Cycle Run was supposed to go behind Main Street, USA where the amphitheater used to be located.

Just a thought, but what would more than likely happen is iasw would be relocated to the speedway land like Tokyo did, and then they'll connect Frontierland to Fantasyland. By no means is that a fact at all, but personally that seems to be what is in Disney's best interest.
That would make no sense at the Magic Kingdom.

Daveeeeed

TRON Light Cycle Run was supposed to go behind Main Street, USA where the amphitheater used to be located.

That would make no sense at the Magic Kingdom.
First off it does make sense to relocate iasw as the area it currently is at creates a massive bottleneck heading to Liberty Square, so it would free up the walkways to HM, and maybe even Columbia Harbor House the extension over the walkway could be removed entirely, so the walkways could be widened even towards the Tangled area. Secondly connecting Frontierland to Fantasyland makes a lot of sense and is also rumoured, because Frontierland is now on track to be expanded.. The speedway can handle about what? 500 people per hour? And it takes up a few acres. Iasw would also be extremely impressive by making a full facade, while removing it would allow new walkways from Hm area to the carousel, it would also allow the walkway between Peter Pan and iasw to be many times wider. A new mega restaurant could be opened, and free up other areas. Heck you could just add one great new ride, and maybe a show and this thing would be so well accepted.
And for Tron... I have never heard of it coming to the Magic Kingdom. I am not denying it from happening I have just never heard this. Was this a rumour a while back, and is now not happening, or is it more than likely still happening? Please enlighten me on this. Also where'd you hear it, because I can't find anything anywhere.

lazyboy97o

First off it does make sense to relocate iasw as the area it currently is at creates a massive bottleneck heading to Liberty Square, so it would free up the walkways to HM, and maybe even Columbia Harbor House the extension over the walkway could be removed entirely, so the walkways could be widened even towards the Tangled area. Secondly connecting Frontierland to Fantasyland makes a lot of sense and is also rumoured, because Frontierland is now on track to be expanded.. The speedway can handle about what? 500 people per hour? And it takes up a few acres. Iasw would also be extremely impressive by making a full facade, while removing it would allow new walkways from Hm area to the carousel, it would also allow the walkway between Peter Pan and iasw to be many times wider. A new mega restaurant could be opened, and free up other areas. Heck you could just add one great new ride, and maybe a show and this thing would be so well accepted.
And for Tron... I have never heard of it coming to the Magic Kingdom. I am not denying it from happening I have just never heard this. Was this a rumour a while back, and is now not happening, or is it more than likely still happening? Please enlighten me on this. Also where'd you hear it, because I can't find anything anywhere.
It doesn't make sense because the route would be overly long around the massive backside of The Haunted Mansion and Rivers of America as well as plowing through a large area of infrastructure. "It's a small world" isn't primarily being moved in Tokyo to make extra space but deal with serious structural issues.

Magic Kingdom was going to share development costs on TRON Light Cycle Run like it did with Seven Dwarfs Mine Train.

Daveeeeed

It doesn't make sense because the route would be overly long around the massive backside of The Haunted Mansion and Rivers of America as well as plowing through a large area of infrastructure. "It's a small world" isn't primarily being moved in Tokyo to make extra space but deal with serious structural issues.

Magic Kingdom was going to share development costs on TRON Light Cycle Run like it did with Seven Dwarfs Mine Train.
Makes sense on Tron, but for Frontierland they would probably shrink the river like in Disneyland, and fix it up so it could loop around it. To fill in the space from that past HM show building, to Peter Pan area, a transition from western to fantasy would be likely what would happen. A new new area themed to kind of like New Fantasyland could happen filling in the length of Hm, and shops along the way etc. At that time they could also completly change the exteriors of Peter Pan, etc. and make it wonderful like Disneyland, as the tent theming sucks. Plus Iasw would have a new place as well, and the animatronics could be reused etc. drastically reducing the cost, and the backside of iasw could have a restaraunt connecting to it that is themed to tomorrowland, but you would have no idea it is next to small world, but it would make for a wonderful transition. Now, some of this stuff are just things that would make the park perfect, and are perhaps unrealistic to do all at once unless Disney felt like putting a billion+ into the park in the 2020's which frankly in my mind I believe it will happen, but Frontierland to Fantasyland is not unreasonable at all, and should happen, or at the very least iasw should be relocated, the exteriors of fantasyland redone, in iasw's old place maybe a new new fantasyland area, and frontierland could get an expansion, but tomorrowland needs the most help, but all of these things need updating. And it could easily all happen between now and 2025, or very long term 2030.

Daveeeeed

Tomorrowland is such a mess that anything futuristic would be an improvement.
Extremely true. Tomorrowland needs more help than any other land at the Magic Kingdom, but if they were to do Frontierland plus fix some things in Fantasyland it would really help how everything turns out in the long run.

RSoxNo1

Extremely true. Tomorrowland needs more help than any other land at the Magic Kingdom, but if they were to do Frontierland plus fix some things in Fantasyland it would really help how everything turns out in the long run.
You know what I'd also accept as a retheme to anything in Tomorrowland except Carousel of Progress... Guardians of the Galaxy. No, I don't like overhauls, but I'd accept it here far more than DHS.

Daveeeeed

You know what I'd also accept as a retheme to anything in Tomorrowland except Carousel of Progress... Guardians of the Galaxy. No, I don't like overhauls, but I'd accept it here far more than DHS.
As much as I still like the Carousel of Progress, and how much of a classic it is. It was not originally built there, so technically it is like building a copy of the Statue of Liberty. It's just not the same, now that being said it is a class, but I hate to say it, but if they end up going above and beyond, and having massive curved architecture etc, and a couple of rides, maybe an e and a d, I would be more than happy to let that ride go, but I think if they are going to do it they can leave it there which I hope they do. Just THEY HAVE to completly change the exterior of the building no matter what. The gears, and no future things look awful and like from the 70's, but I do hope it stays :) Though an update to the show would be wonderful, like better sets, more entertaining, better animatronics etc.

Daveeeeed

HWS needs an overhaul though, along with Future World at Epcot, Dinoland U.S.A & of course Tomorrowland. Movie sucked though like I sorta liked it, but only because of the name mainly, and because of the gorgeous CGI, and set design. The movie had no villain, no real motif, no tension etc.

Christian Fronckowiak

In the Parks
Yes
I have a feeling that Tomorrowland and Future World come after EVERYTHING else due to their futuristic natures and need for updating. You could the same amount of money on an attraction in Adventureland or Tomorrowland and Adventureland would get another attraction that could potentially last sixty years like Jungle Cruise. (But then I realize Autopia has had an equal shelf life.)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom