Upcoming/Rumored Projects

tokengator

Don't take it personally. Most new people who come here with "inside information" get attacked for it. It's sort of a tradition.

I appreciate the comment and I certainly understand giving a new person a rough time, but it was the lack of reading or reading comprehension that I was getting a bit flustered with. I was starting to think this board was filled with FSU and UGA grads, lol

I've tried to read through what I could over the last few days after I stumbled cross the board trying to learn more about what I was told, but there is A LOT of posts in this thread and several others many different conversations going in many different directions. My intention wasn't to repeat info that had been posted, but I wasn't sure what had been confirmed or what is still rumor so I posted what I was told with the hopes of finding out how accurate it was. The info got me excited -- especially since I know for a fact this particular individual does work in some sort of management capacity at WDW, but I don't know exactly what dept and what he would be privy too at his position. Again I don't know exactly what dept but based on our conversations I think he is in some sort of construction oriented division with WDW.

Last edited:

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
also I saw this on another website which also led some credence to what he said

r-1444877332-DHSDevelopment1.jpg
Hiya. I drew that map for this site. Interesting that it's doing the rounds elsewhere. Guess I should be flattered!

The World Drive area under discussion wasn't for guest parking.

Welcome to WDWMagic. What you said about Tomorrowland is quite true I know. Frontierland expansion however seems to veer from TSI to west of the railroad depending what day of the week it is at the moment.

SpaceMountain75

Hiya. I drew that map for this site. Interesting that it's doing the rounds elsewhere. Guess I should be flattered!

Welcome to WDWMagic. What you said about Tomorrowland is quite true I know. Frontierland expansion however seems to veer from TSI to west of the railroad depending what day of the week it is at the moment.
This is the first piece of anything resembling news I've heard on the Frontierland expansion in a long time. Thank you @marni1971! I selfishly hope myself that whatever they're planning will end up on the west side of the railroad instead of the wonderfully-untainted TSI.

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult

Certainly wouldn't be the first time. At least they didn't make a shirt out of it....

Monorail_Red_77

I'm no fireworks guy nor am I a construction guy. I am however a Disney fan guy. LOL

But, couldn't they build a parking structure and then place the fireworks launch site on the top level with no cars parking on that top level. I mean we aren't talking about launching intercontinental missiles or anything. Are we??? Are we?? Hello, is this thing on? (tap tap tap)

ps: I know they already have plans files to build the launch site on the ground.

:hilarious:

Cesar R M

Don't take it personally. Most new people who come here with "inside information" get attacked for it. It's sort of a tradition.
not a tradition, more like wariness.
There has been so many trolls and "insiders" claiming to know top executives left and right. They were later destroyed when their house of cards failed.

tokengator

not a tradition, more like wariness.
There has been so many trolls and "insiders" claiming to know top executives left and right. They were later destroyed when their house of cards failed.

That may be the case but I also said how i "know" this person. I also said I am trying to research the validity of what he told me. I wasn't trying to pass myself off as an insider or someone that has access to an insider. I'm not and I know this person from a message board that we both have been on for 10 years. This is actually the first time he's ever divulged any type of "news" to me about WDW, other than that he works there in some sort of management capacity. This is also quite possibly the last time he gives me any news because I am not going to pepper him with questions about it. My non-existent insider career was short lived!

but the one good thing about all of this is that i stumbled across this board and the volume of information on here. Has me really really excited for the future of WDW

Last edited:

mm121

ok, the permit thread casts a dark shadow over the garage on the other side of World drive... since there is, as stated above, a fireworks launch compound going adjacent to that pink blob there... and the picture did come from here, and that was a little more than blue sky at the time
they wouldnt put guest parking accross world drive, but its not out of the question for employee parking.

and as far as safety goes, couldnt they just limit employee access to their cars during the 20 minutes of the show, not that I"m sure that would even be necessary as it appears there would still be enough clearance

how close is the MK employee parking to the MK main launch site?
I'm no fireworks guy nor am I a construction guy. I am however a Disney fan guy. LOL

But, couldn't they build a parking structure and then place the fireworks launch site on the top level with no cars parking on that top level. I mean we aren't talking about launching intercontinental missiles or anything. Are we??? Are we?? Hello, is this thing on? (tap tap tap)

ps: I know they already have plans files to build the launch site on the ground.

:hilarious:

for safety/ possibility of explosion reasons i highly doubt anyone would ever build a primary launch site and storage location on top of another structure for daily shows especially for the big shells

most special events shows from bridges etc are done with the smaller shells

theres still plenty of space accross world drive away from the fireworks area

if the idea of parking accross WD is real, then that means the scope of the HS project is much bigger than originally realized.

building a bridge accross WD is probably still way cheaper than building a guest parking structure.

and not sure of the legality of it, but if they built a parking structure for guest use at the parks, I'm not sure they'd be able to use tax free bonds from the RCID to pay for it as being at the parks behind a charge entrance gate is most likely different legally as far as saying its for public use/benefit than the garages at Disney springs

bhg469

Wow I would hate to be a new member on this board. Guess we are stuck with whatever news comes "old sources."
It's still better than the twitter folks. They are just as rude and condescending as anyone on here except they're just extremely passive aggressive about it. I made the mistake of mentioning one on here and wow it blew up! Bunch of man children who love attention and drama. Reminds me of that real housewives garbage.

prfctlyximprct

It's still better than the twitter folks. They are just as rude and condescending as anyone on here except they're just extremely passive aggressive about it. I made the mistake of mentioning one on here and wow it blew up! Bunch of man children who love attention and drama. Reminds me of that real housewives garbage.

Drama on the forums. Dun dun dun!

Disneyyensid

I heard from this guy that works at Disney that w the opening weekend of Star Wars they are going to remove Cinderellas castle and build the millennium falcon. No more flying dumbo that's going to be the new ewok ride.

MKCP 1985

Disney stock being downgraded to "sell" due to cord cutters not buying ESPN despite Star Wars' great success is never good news for anticipated new projects. Budgets get cut to keep Wall Street happy.

Not good news for phase 2 plans for any project currently under construction.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom