The Imagineer--Project 2

WDW Vacationer

:brick:The only way I can put concept art on is to use paint. It comes out fine. The only problem is I can post any other pic on my computer,but not from paint.:brick:

Disneyson 1

Don't build onto buildings. You must use already-existing ones. I suppose you could break down a wall or two BETWEEN buildings, though...

TrevorA

In the Parks
Yes
^ I mean that, hypothetically, if a dark ride was too big for the show building it was being planned to occupy, would it not be possible to expand the show building.

Retrofitting is a very hard task, even for the professionals.

---TrevorA

EDIT: ^Try Google Earth, Jason. It's free: http://earth.google.com/

MaterA113

Original Poster
OK, to CLARIFY... You must build on used land, i didnt say that you must build on a already existing building... yes you can knock down a wall... like you are building something where AMerican Idol is, you can knock down the wall and build where Sound Dangerious... Part of this challenge is to put in existing location...

Jasonflz--yes you can do that...

Look at TSMM, it was put into the Millionair building... buildings are MUCH BIGGER than you expect...

Here is a CM map of the park, i suggest printing it or something... Pick your area, trace it onto a paper, or copy to PAINT or something and go from there...
http://s571.photobucket.com/albums/...current=disney-world-mgm-studios-cast-map.jpg

EDIT: Basically, any PURPLE area on the map is game for use, you can connect two buildings, BUT you can NOT use unused land... :) I hope you all understand...

ALso for "concept art" again you dont just ahve to draw them... if you are doing a attraction based off a movie, you can find screencaps of the movie... search (movie title) screencaps in GOOGLE... youll find something to help convey your message...

TrevorA

In the Parks
Yes
It's apparent that I need to be more specific when I speak (or type). The buildings labeled "production area" on your map, are they fair game?

---TrevorA

KingMickey

In the Parks
Yes
^^ It depends on what buildings are being used. It looks like there's the Costuming and Scene Department buildings back there, so those might not be able to be used. That's also where they keep a lot of the props for the Backlot Tour. I'm not saying it can't be done. You could gut out the building and re-locate it elsewhere, but I'm not sure if there's any available building space back there.

MaterA113

Original Poster
Jasonflz... that is ok... since it is already existing...

"production areas" are NOT up for grabs, becasue those are CM areas... sorry

j_dp456

Can you clarify the whole placement thing? I understand you want us to use a space that is already being taken up by something. However, how are we supposed to tell if our idea can fit in that space from just a picture?

And what do you mean by blueprint? I guess what is the difference between the blueprint and our visual aids?

I'm not understanding the overhead layouts either. Do you basically want us to outline where our attraction goes on an existing map of DHS?

MaterA113

Original Poster
Hello All!!!

I have an updated list of players:
-TrevorA
-Jasonflz
-wdwbeepbop
-Sassagoula-Rvr (immune)
-comics101
-WDW Vacationer
-disneyman82
-romanarms
-bamsk8er49
-cmwade77

ok we have 11 people playing... this elimination will be most likely be a DOUBLE Elimination... JUST TO LET YOU KNOW... So we can be on track for the next project which is NEEDED... :) PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE turn in your projects on time... It looks so far that you all are moving very good along...

MaterA113

Original Poster
For "fitting it into the space" here is how... Ok, you dont have to have it inch by inch... This is just a "ballpark" figure... Ok, you could draw it... (if you have a scanner, i think this would be easier, but if not that is fine) it would be the same shape, so if you have a circular building, you can draw a circle, and try to place the scenes in it... So basically i dont want a CLEARLY HUGE and MONSTOROUS attraction in a tiny spot... I hope you all understand...

Ok, here is one whole "summary" of all the visuals you need:

--at least 5 visuals- pics of scenes, etc...
--Entrance Sign- pic of entrance sign, not included into your 5 visuals
--"Blueprint"- there has been confusioon about it... what i want in your "blue print" is: ---entrance, queue area, loading, ride show scenes, unloading area, exit area... This is not to be included in your 5 visuals...

by overhead layout i mean a drawing/ computer drawing, that shows the show scenes in order from loading to unloading, this will be in your blue print...

I am going to tell you what... By this Friday, i will post my version of the project so you KNOW WHAT IS NEEDED and so you see what you need and how to do it... I will explain it and such...

Is anyone doing a Sleeping Beauty attraction??? b/c i will be doing a preview of my SB attraction with ALL of the things you need... So by friday i will be posting my attraction, to show what you all need, and how it should be...

MaterA113

Original Poster
Thisis my example to show you what you need...This is EVERYTHING you need, you can have more pictures though.. remeber Layout and SIgn DO NOT count in the 5 visuals... I hope this helps and eliminates confusion... :) :)

The Sleeping Beauty Story

Location: Empty Building next to TSMM, (I know this doesn’t fit theme, but this is just so I can show you how to do it)

Sign: http://i571.photobucket.com/albums/ss154/Imagineer91/SBSSIgn.jpg

Layout: http://i571.photobucket.com/albums/ss154/Imagineer91/SBSTracj.jpg

Vehicle: http://i571.photobucket.com/albums/ss154/Imagineer91/VF%20Imagineer%20Contest/JungleBuggies.jpg (those arent exactly what they would be, but they would be similar, like a DoomBuggy, shape but with two rows of 2 ppl per row, also would be pink, blue, and green, representing the three fairies, and the three vehicles would all leave together… almost like the vehicles on Journey into Imagination, where they move and turn with the show…)

Queue: Since most Dark Rides have outdoor queues, and short ones. Mine is short as well. It has many pages from a story book, like in the Pooh Attractions at TDL and MK. On it are some scenes from the movie, in the same style, Mary Blair-ish.

Key:
Load
1. Princess Aurora’s Christening
a- Hail to Princess Aurora
b- Fairy Gifts
c- Maleficent Gift
d- Merriweather Gift
2. Burning the Spinning Wheels
3. To the Woods
4. “Once Upon a Dream”
5. Maleficent Plan
6. Clean house
a- cake and dress making
b- outside (Diablo finds Aurora)
7- Sixteenth Birthday Gift
a- follows green orb
b- Aurora and Spinning Wheel
8. Sleep Spell
9. Prince Philip and Fairies
10. Maleficent Encounter
a- Maleficent Transformation
b- through the briar patch
11. Defeat
12. Awake the Princess
13. Waltz in Clouds
Unload

Storyline:
1- Princess Aurora’s Christening-
a- After entering your vehicle you enter through a door that looks like a giant book page that reads Once Upon A Time all the towns people came to see the new princess. The door opens and reveals the castle in the distance and the vehicle weaves through crowds of people holding royal banners and singing “Hail to Princess Aurora” (This scene will be very much similar to the scene in the movie)
http://magicalscreencaps.com/images/sleepingbeauty/gall/sleepingbeauty_0009.jpg
b- Entering thru the Castle doors you enter into the royal chamber where you see the king and queen’s thrones on you left and on your right is the crib with Princess Aurora and the three fairies near her. (As you move thru the scene your vehicle is turning so you are looking at the three fairies the whole time. And exit the scene backwards) First, Flora give her the gift of beauty. Second, Fauna give her the gift of song. You exit the room backwards.
c- You enter the next room you are beginning to turn back forward and you hear Merryweather say “I give you the gift of…” she is interrupted, and a bright green flash is seen and the guests are facing forward again and see Maleficent standing next to the crib and she is not happy for not being invited. So she give her “gift” and curses Aurora on her 16th birthday she will prick her finger on a spinning wheel and die. The vehicle passes by her and as you enter the next room you see another green flash and hear her evil laugh.
d- Entering into the next room you pass by Merryweather giving her gift to Aurora saying that she will not die, just fall into a deep sleep when pricked by a spinning wheel.

2- Burning the Spinning Wheels-
As the vehicles enter the next room you hear King Stefan order to burn all spinning wheels. And turn the corner and see a giant pile of spinning wheels and a bon fire. While almost past the pile of wheels you her Merryweather say “a bonfire won't stop Maleficent” Then you hear King Stefan suggest to the fairies to take her to the woods so Malefiecent won’t find her.

3- To the Woods
Entering through the next door you enter into a forest and see a cottage to your right and the three faires on you left with Aurora in hand sneaking away to the forest. Then the vehicle turns to the left and a spot light faces a storybook page that says, “For sixteen years, Malefecent and her goons searched high and low for the Princess, they had no luck”, the narrator reads it. The vehicle turns forward and continues through a storybook page that reads “Rose met her prince but not for the first time”. The page (door) opens.

4- Once Upon a Dream
Entering through the door you enter into the “Once Upon a Dream” scene with Briar Rose dancing with her made up friend made of animals. Your vehicle turns as you go around the room and are always looking at the scene. You exi the scene moving backwards into the next room. http://magicalscreencaps.com/images/sleepingbeauty/gall/sleepingbeauty_0422.jpg

5. Maleficent Plan
You enter the long corridor first going backwards and slowly turning. As soon as you enter the room you hear Maleficent is not very happy as she is calling her goons “Fools”, “idiots”, and “imbeciles” because they were looking for a baby all the time. Your vehicle is finally facing forward again and you stop and have her goons on your right and Maleficent and Diablo on your left. Maleficent tells Diablo to go find her. And by the use of projections, he flies off her shoulder and out of the room. The vehicle continues on through what looks to be a stone wall.

6. Clean House
a- Entering into the scene you see Flora trying to make the cake without magic. Then the vehicle turns left around the cake and you see Merryweather and Fauna making the gown and fighting over the color. It keeps changing by the fiber opic lights in the gown. Then you exit the cottage through the door to the outside.
b- Once outside you see an AA of Diablo flying over the cottage and get hit by the magical colorful smoke on your left. Then your vehicle spins and faces toward the right and the riders see a page in the story book that reads “Princess Aurora grew in Grace and Beauty. But, on her 16th Birthday a dancing green light lured her.” The page opened and revealed the next room. http://magicalscreencaps.com/images/sleepingbeauty/gall/sleepingbeauty_0537.jpg

7. Sixteen Birthday Gift
a- When the door opened the riders saw Princess Aurora on their right and then a green orb appeared infront of them and her. The orb moved and Princess Aurora crosses infront of the vehicle to the left side of the room and up a flight of stairs. Once she crossed, the vehicle turned to the left and followed her as she ascended the stair case in to the tallest tower. http://magicalscreencaps.com/images/sleepingbeauty/gall/sleepingbeauty_0717.jpg
b. Entering the next room, the vehicle is facing forward again, and at the end of the room you see Princess Aurora standing infront of the spinning wheel and you hear a voice yell “Touch the spindle”. She touches it and she falls to the ground and Maleficent comes out the dark corner to you right and starts to laugh. The vehicle turns to the right and enters the next room.

8. Sleeping Spell
Next the riders enter the hall and ride between two long tables as the Fairies put the people to sleep untill they can get Prince Philip to wake Aurora up.

9. Philip and Fairies
Turning through the door, you pass by the three fairies and Philip on your right and you stop. They give him a Sword of Truth and a Shield of Virtue. The vehicle moves again and enters the Forbidden Mountains. http://magicalscreencaps.com/images/sleepingbeauty/gall/sleepingbeauty_0910.jpg

10. Maleficent Encounter
a- You pass by by Prince Philip on your left and pn the screen in front of you with Maleficent’s castle in the distance, you witness the transformation of her from human to dragon.
b- After turning to the right you follow Philip and his horse through the briar patches. And exit thru the door of briar.

11. Defeat
Once opening the door in front of you is a huge AA of the top half of the dragon and as yuou enter it shoots “fire” towards Philip. He gets the chance and you see Philip Jump towards the dragon and stabs it. The lights go out, you hear Maleficent scream “Nooooo!”, see green and purple smoke and flashes of light occur and you leave the room.

12. Awaken the Princess
Entering through the door, you enter into the tallest tower room and first turn to the left and stop to read the page that says “High atop the higest tower Princess Aurora slept, awaiting the noble Prince Philip, who would one day awake her from her slumber.” Then the vehicle turns to the right and continues straight and you see Princess Aurora asleep to the right and then Prince Philip kisses her and she awakens and you turn the to left and exit the room http://magicalscreencaps.com/images/sleepingbeauty/gall/sleepingbeauty_1037.jpg

13. Waltz in the Cloud
Finally entering the room you enter into the clouds. In the middle of the room is Prince Philip and Princess Aurora dancing on a cloud, to the left, that seems to be floating around. While the dress keeps changing colors. After passing them dancing you stop and encounter the final page to the story that says “And they Lived Happily Ever After” and below that is “The End” http://magicalscreencaps.com/images/sleepingbeauty/gall/sleepingbeauty_1086.jpg

New Technology: New projection systems in the scenes where Aurora’s dress change colors, like the Birthday Scene, and the Waltz in the Clouds, as well as new projectsions and effects on the storybook pages, that look like video screens, but really arent. Also the vehicles will be “trackless” and turn and such and stop by GPS systems.

mharrington

I just received and answered a private message from MaterA113 that came on August 10, but I didn't respond until much later and the team has been updated. Am I still in?

Also, do these dark rides have to be of C-ticket quality or can they be D- or E-ticket?

EDIT: I got confirmation that I can be in. I have a rough idea in mind for something...

MaterA113

Original Poster
IM sorry Scar, but right now we are all full... if someone drops out.. i will let you know... thanks for the interest... i am also planning on doing another one after this one becasue lots of ppl want to play with this one..

mharrington

I've decided that my ride for the Studios would be a water-themed E-ticket ride the likes of which would rival Splash Mountain.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom