The Imagineer--Project 2

MaterA113

Original Poster
ok cool as long as you still here... just post something by TOMORROW SUNDAY NITE and you should be fine.. PLEASE dont drop out..

I promise the next project you will have about 3 weeks to do it..

MaterA113

Original Poster
***UPDATE***

Ok, Comics101 has rejoined the competition so THERE WILL BE AN ELIMINATION...

But to keep everything FAIR, NO ONE will be considered LATE if you post BY TOMORROW NITE (SUNDAY)..

Also you dont need your "blueprints" becasue they have seemed to cause trouble that i didnt think they would have... So YOU WONT BE PENALIZED if you dont have the blueprints/sign.. THough i would still like pictures..

SOOO There WILL BE A ELIMINATION and we will be RANKING THEM and Commenting them... so if no one else drops out (i soo soo soo hope NO ONE drops out) there will be elimination and should be posted MONDAY as well as the next project..

But if someone (or ppl) do not post there project BY TOMORROW NITE they will be eliminated..

Here is who i still need of projects:
--cmwade77
--TrevorA
--wdwbeepbop
--mharrington
--bamsk8er49
--comics101

SO basically overall, i just want a Story, Scene Ride Through Descriptions, and Queue Description...

Ihope you all understand, and if you have any questions feel free to ask.. :)

MaterA113

Original Poster
ok.. tahts fine, i thought you already posted the project, that is why your name wasnt on the NEED TO POST list.. :lol:

That is good that you are adding finishing touches to it..

TrevorA

In the Parks
Yes
I appreciate your gracious extension of the deadline. I will have my project posted by tomorrow night.

---TrevorA

mharrington

Okay, here it is, my project! It was kind of rushed because I have company over right now and we're about to sit down to dinner, so I'm in a hurry. But I've finally got it finished! I hope you like it. It's called:

Fantasia: The Ride
I've decided that the new ride for Disney's Hollywood Studios would be an E-ticket ride based on the classic Disney movie, Fantasia. Actually, the concept is not entirely my own; many other people have used this movie as a theme for a Disney attraction. In this case, "Fantasia" is a water ride/dark ride/thrill ride hybrid on a par with the Magic Kingdom's own Splash Mountain. The ride will simply be called Fantasia: The Ride. And yes, it will indeed feature Fastpass!

Location: Building where Voyage of the Little Mermaid and One Man's Dream both are. The former will be retired in the wake of the opening of the new LM ride at Magic Kingdom and the latter will be relocated to MK's Town Square Exposition Hall.

Entrance Sign: http://www.entertainmentearth.com/images/\AUTOIMAGES\MRDS78007lg.jpg. Just imagine this atop an entrance to a ride (and "The Ride" replacing "With Stokowski" here) and you have an idea of what the entrance looks like.

Vehicle: The boats look wooden in appearance and has musical instruments carved into them on the sides and the heads of characters on the bows of each. Each boat seats ten people, with five rows of two per boat. It looks like this (the sample picture has Sorcerer Mickey's head): http://img24.imageshack.us/img24/4396/sketchv.jpg

Queue: The entrance resembles the Broadway Theater where the movie first premiered. The queue wends through a fantastic movie lobby laden with posters for the movie, domestic and international alike, such as these:

So then you make your way through the queue, which resembles a movie theater hallway. It is like a mini museum dedicated to the movie, the history of the process of developing the movie from start to finish. It features concept art, storyboard sketches, maquettes, cel sheets, everything, all arranged by movie scenes. All the while, the room is dimly lit with only blue light shining.

The load/unload area looks like a grand movie palace, but with one unusual exception: a large canal of water flowing through, as if flooded! Equally unusual are the fleet of launches that flow through here. At one end of the load area, is where a big movie theater usually is. The canal rises about a foot or so onto the stage here so as to float through the screen and into the ride!

Storyline:
  1. Intro: You board your launch. Then departing the load area and entering through the movie screen, you find yourself in a dark tunnel, where you hear a Deems Taylor-type voice giving you a brief overview of the movie and providing the standard safety spiel. In the background is the sound of an orchestra tuning up.
  2. Toccata and Fugue In D Minor: Suddenly, the orchestra erupts into music as "Toccata and Fugue In D Minor" plays in the background. You are treated to flashes of colored lights based on the notes and the occasional abstract shape or image flying past you, all different shapes and such, depending on the instrument played.
  3. Dance of the Hours: Leave the "Toccata" tunnel behind, you enter through a pair of double doors that leads to a long hallway lined with tall ancient pillars. That's not all. You also start to make your way up the first of several waterfalls, as the Dance of the Hours number from the movie plays. You find yourself heading up the stairs through the great hall of the palace of Duke Alvise. At the top of the waterfall, you see several ostriches and hippos dancing around. Turning the corner, the sun goes down and you see the elephants dancing around a sleeping Hyacinth Hippo. Then leaving the area, the sky darkens further into night. You see Hyacinth and Ben Ali Gator dancing. Then you find your boat is now riding rails. Picking up speed, your boat races past Hyacinth eluding Ben and his army of alligators. Then you see all the animals from this scene, as seen near the end of the scene in the film as the song picks up its crescendo. You then descend a rather gentle water to splash in a water body below.
  4. The Nutcracker Suite: This splash lands you in a pond where you see the floating water blossoms spinning about to the "Dance of the Reed Flutes" number from the Nutcracker Suite scene of the movie. You then travel past fairies covering beautiful plant life in sparkling dewdrops (accomplished primarily by way of fiber optics), to the tune of the "Dance of the Sugar Plum Fairy" number. You then turn to mount another lift hill.
  5. The Pastoral Symphony: You go up a waterfall. The music from the first movement plays as you go past figures of flying Pegasus horses and dancing goat-men, playing on their panpipes, from the crevices in the hill. This is the shortest part of the ride, as this scene ends once you reach the top of the hill, which is about 70 feet up. Images of the gods of Mount Olympus are projected on the wall.
  6. Night On Bald Mountain: Suddenly, the gaiety gives way to drama as the room suddenly turns pitch black and the unforgettable music of Modest Mussorgsky plays. You see Pepper's Ghost effects of the spirits of evil floating about the room. You move slowly past pools of bubbling lava and big fires. And there, dead ahead, is none other than Chernabog himself! He reaches his big claw-like hands toward you, but suddenly…
  7. The Sorcerer's Apprentice: You plunge right through his fingers down a big 20-foot waterfall, splashing into a big pool of water. You see an AA of Mickey Mouse struggling to stay afloat in the water as the live brooms continuously dump buckets of water into the pool (not real water or brooms; it's screen technology). He is trying to hold up his hands to try and get the brooms to stop, but to no avail. Suddenly, the boat picks up speed once again. The boat is now riding rails again. As the music picks up its crescendo, the waters below the roller coaster tracks become more turbulent. The boat zips around turns and over hills, dodging the brooms and their buckets of water. All the while, Mickey is seen on a big book, floating in the turbulent water. Suddenly, you find yourself on a downward spiral in a whirlpool of water, with Mickey spinning around in it, still clinging to the book for dear life. Suddenly, at the bottom of the twisting helix, you finally land in another pool of water. The water is calm again. You see Mickey and Yen Sid. Mickey is handing the broom and the sorcerer hat to him. You then go by them and into a dark room.
  8. Closing: You see silhouettes of Mickey and the conductor shaking hands and congratulating each other. Then you emerge out into the entrance/exit area of the ride, back in the movie theater in which the ride began. You get out of the boat to your left. The exit leads out into a Fantasia-themed gift shop, where you can buy anything Fantasia-related: toys, clothing, even expensive art. So ends the trip through one of Walt Disney's most impressive movies ever.

New Technology: Effects of flashes of light and shapes and abstract images in the first part of the ride, representing the Toccata and Fugue scene of the ride. The sky also changes colors to represent different hours of the day, during the Dance of the Hours scene. The characters during the Pastoral scene are also seen floating and flying (at least the Pegasuses).

And there you have it, Fantasia: The Ride, an E-ticket ride for Disney's Hollywood Studios! What do you think?

MaterA113

Original Poster
KingMickey and Judges: Please wait and do teh comments/critics either 1) after all the contestants have turned it in or 2) before MOnday afternoon.. (Which ever comes first..) I have a feeling that it will be by Monday afternoon (with whoever has turned in there projects)...

I hope you all understand..

So basically by MONDAY AFTERNOON no matter who hasnt turned it in yet.. b/c i would like to post the project Monday afternoon/ nite b/c i start school on Tuesday and dont know if i will have time to post it on Tuesday..

If i dont have the judges comments in by that time... I will post the project but still need to edit it to the ppl who will be playing..

comics101

10:19 Edit-- Just got two sketches (Piggy's trailer and Gonzo/Bean) done during my first period today. I doubt I'll have an opportunity to get to a computer anymore today, so when I get home I'll try to finish up the pictures...

The Imagineer -- Project 2
The Muppet Studio Tour

Located on the old "Hunchback Theatre" plot.

When I learned that the next project was a dark ride for the Studios, I knew I wanted to use the Muppets. Knowing that the Muppet Movie Ride was going to be off limits, I went through a couple of concepts of mine that I'd been working on and one of them, The Muppets Tour L.A., eventually turned into The Muppet Studio Tour. With this attraction would come a major refurb of the MV3D area, turning it into the Muppet Studios, with the Great Gonzo's Pizza restraunt and a new Muppet Themed shop, but the expansion is a story for another day...

Backstory

It's the grand opening of the all new Muppet Studio Tours.

Exterior, Signage, and Queue

The Exterior of the building will be a soundstage Muppet style, kind of like the gift shop and the MV3D building. It'll basically be a continuation of the design of the current buildings in that area.
The sign will be very similar to that of the Jim Henson Productions logo at the begining of The Muppet Movie, only instead of Jim Henson Productions the sign would read The Muppet Studio Tour.
The Queue would be very similar to that of MV3D, only it would be a museum of sorts dedicated to Muppet Studio History. It would feature posters, props, etc. There'd be monitors lining the ceiling showing you past and upcoming Muppet Productions. In between the production previews, Dr. Honeydew and Beaker would explain that your "tram" is really a new prototype they've invented especially for the Studio Tour. They then go through a safety speil of things you shouldn't do while on the attraction (using Beaker as the example of course).

Vehicles

The vehicles would be very similar to the current JII vehicles, coming in groups of three. They'd be trackless, making them "real" trams. They would also include a video screen similar to the old DCA "classic" Superstar Limo.

List of Ride Scenes

1. Introduction/Studio Gate
2. Muppet Lounge
3. Sweedish Chef's Kitchen
4. The Great Gonzo and Bean Bunny
5. The Muppet Sound Studio
6. The Muppet FX Labs
7. Miss Piggy's Trailer
8. Finale/Rainbow Connection

Scene Descriptions

1. Introduction/Studio Gate- Once you've boarded the tram, you start moving towards the studio gate and hear the familiar, "Heigh, Ho! Kermit The Frog here..." as Kermit (on your video screen) explains that he will be your tourguide. He also goes on to tell you about a grand finale the Muppets have been planning for the grand opening of the Tours. Outside the gate, you'd notice muppet rats selling various merchandise as Kermit procedes to talk about the sites you'll be seeing. As you near the gate, the Studio security guard, Bobo the Bear, stops you, telling you that no autograph hounds are allowed and you can't come through. There'd then be a humorous spat between Kermit and Bobo and Kermit would eventually convince Bobo to allow in...

2. Muppet Lounge- Kermit would then appologize for the inconvience and you'd enter your first stop on the tour, the Cast Lounge/Commisary. Here, you'd find Fozzy rehearsing some material to his mother with Statler and Warldorf heckling him as usual. Fozzy would then convince Kermit to allow him to share some of his new jokes with the guests. Rowlf the Dog would be playing piano in the background (I've got to get him in there somehow) and you'd also see the Sweedish Chef in the kitchen preparing chicken for lunch, which leads us to the next scene...

3. Sweedish Chef's Kitchen- Entering the kitchen, the Chef seems to be his normal happy self. He'd go about singing his song and begin making fried chicken, only, there's one small problem... The chicken is still alive and doesn't want to be cooked. Eventually, the chef would get extremely frustrated, pulling out a shotgun and firing away at the runaway bird...

4. The Great Gonzo and Bean Bunny-
picture.php

Quickly leaving the Kitchen and entering a street near a soundstage labled "Stunt Arena", you see Bean Bunny carrying some paint and brushes headed for a soundstage, as Kermit once again appologizes for the inconvience and begins to explain the next destination. Suddenly, KABOOM! The Great Gonzo (on a weird Gonzo-bike) would crash through the Stunt Arena, flying through the air and landing right on top of Bean Bunny. (As soon as Gonzo lands on Bean, smoke would fill the air, and the clean Bean would switch to one covered in paint). They'd then get up and Kermit would ask what on earth Gonzo was doing. Rizzo and Pepe would then come running out of the Stunt Arena talking about how awesome that stunt was and asking Gonzo if he was alright. There'd be a comedic dialouge between the characters, and the tour would continue.

5. The Muppet Sound Studio- The next stop on the tour is the Muppet Sound Studio, where you'd find Dr. Teeth and the Electric Band recording what's going to be there next big hit. Scooter would be in the control room. You'd stop (in the control room) to listen to a little of the song, and then move on. I'd like to have Animal chase the car out of the scene, but I can't really come up with a reason for him to do so...

6. The Muppet FX Labs- This is where Dr. Bunson Honeydew and Beaker spend most of there time, and you're just in time to see their latest breakthrough invention, the FX Genor8or. This invention will create any kind of effect you need for you movie or film. Dr. Honeydew would insist on giving the audience an example, and Beaker would turn the leaver to "Rainbow". Suddenly a Rainbow would appear over the guests head. Dr. Honeydew would then say something like, "The FX Genor8or can also be used for other fx, such as a storm or an explosion...". Crazy Harry would then jump out of no where, "Did you say an explosion?!". He'd then cause his TNT to explode, making Beaker fly across the room and landing on the leaver, turning it to "Tornado". Machines and different scientific-looking things would start to toss and turn and blow around, with one tool eventually crashing into the tram, causing it to go haywire. The vehicles would start to act as if they had a mind of their own, all of this happening while Dr. Honeydew and Kermit assures us that everything is under control and we should just hang on tight.

7. Miss Piggy's Trailer-
picture.php

Crashing through a wall in the FX Labs (with your vehicles jerking around a little bit and moving a tad faster), you make your way down a studio street with several Muppets jumping out of your way. You finally crash into pink trailer with a star on the door. It turns out to be Miss Piggy's trailer, and she's in a robe with curlers in her hair and a mud mask on getting ready for the big finale. Just as soon as you crash into Piggy's trailer, Kermit and Dr. Honeydew are able to regain control of the trams. Piggy then threatens that if Kermit doesn't get the guests out of her trailer soon she's going to have frog legs for dinner...

8. Finale/Rainbow Connection- Backing out of Miss Piggy's trailer, Kermit then tells everyone it's almost time for the grand finale, and that the Muppets are just adding a few finishing touches. You then enter a soundstage with all the lights turned off. Suddenly, one single spotlight shines on an AA Kermit, strumming at a banjo, sitting on log with a swamp facade behind him. He starts, "Why are there so many songs about rainbows...". The lights in the room suddenly begin to brighten, and slowly reaveal the entire Muppet cast (in front of the "Magic Store" facade that's seen in the Muppet Movie) who join him the way they did in the finale of the Muppet Movie. Finally, Kermit thanks you for taking the tour and hopes you've enjoyed yourself.

New Technology

The new technology in The Muppet Studio Tour would be the trackless vehicles. The attraction would also feature the latest state-of-the-art audio animatronics.

*Magic Store pic from www.whysanity.net*

TrevorA

In the Parks
Yes
I really hate to put you through this, Mater, and I regret doing it myself, but, I don't think I'm going to finish in time for the deadline. I have the idea, and I know what I want to do, I just don't have the time to flesh it into a final project. I will see what I can do in the next three hours, but with an elimination hanging over all of our heads, I'm not sure it's gonna happen for me this contest. Keep watching for another post, but I advise that you don't get your hopes up...

Terribly sorry,

---TrevorA

TrevorA

In the Parks
Yes
Well, just in case somebody doesn't turn their work in, or they drop out, here's my project. I guess something is better than nothing...

Scene 1:

Riders begin to make their journey through an abandoned street in 1920s Chicago. Buildings are run-down, windows are boarded up, and there are no people in sight, at least no people alive. Guests pass through a tunnel, on their way to a livelier group of entertainers.

---

I'm not sure what counts as a completed assignment, but I will take the poor grade nonetheless. I figure, if I get eliminated, at least I left the contest on the contest's terms.

---TrevorA

comics101

TrevorA,

If you don't have the opportunity to finish your project, you really should post it in another thread. Just that one scene has got me curious to read more about it. I'm assuming it's a Tracey ride...

Btw, good luck to everyone tomorrow. There's some tough competition here...

cmwade77

Disney's Journey to Broadway

You enter the building and see storyboards for various musicals in the queue. There are also several interactive elements in the queue, such as a piano that you can compose music on, the piano will roll along with you through the queue and will print out your musical composition in the end. There are also signs saying that these interactive items will be available as you exit the ride as well.

After the queue you will enter into a preshow room, where Whoopi Goldberg will give an introduction to the history of Disney Animation. She continues by explaining that if it had not been for this Animation Disney wouldn't have broken into Broadway. And then she lets you know that she would like to show you how this has come to be, the preshow continues on showing Disney Animation through Beauty and the Beast. Now you choose one of 5 routes, each one will be different.

You are boarding on one of 6 subway trains in your route, each of these trains will have different experiences, focusing on different aspects:

Music
Storyline
Staging
Choreography
Casting
Overall Show

Each train has two cars, one of the cars that has 10 seats that face forward, 10 seats that face backward, 10 seats that face to the left and 10 seats that face to the right. The other car has space for two extra wide manual wheel chairs or one ECV and has 10 additional seats that the riders can rotate in any direction. In addition there is room on each train for 5 folded wheelchairs for those that can transfer.

As your train begins to move, all of the windows roll down, to provide a better view for everything. Your train comes to a top in a tunnel and suddenly you see Whoopi Goldeberg entering your train, this is accomplished through Holographics and she sits down at the front of your car, please note that you cannot see from one car to the other, so both cars can have her in their train and not have it seem odd.

She then continues from where she left off, showing you a history of Disney and live theatre, starting with the theme parks, moving to Beauty and the Beast, Lion King, Mary Poppins, etc.

The you go through various scenes based on which train you are on:

Then the ride continues on showing the brain storming process, then the ride changes based on what train you are on:

Musical Based Trains:
Writing the Melody
Writing the lyrics

Storyline Trains:
Storyboarding
Writing the book

Staging:
Initial Staging
Adjusting for various theaters

Choreography:
Choosing the right Choreographer
Creating the Choreography

Casting:
Determining types of people for each role
Auditions

Overall show:
Creating the story (quick overview of the processes)
Creating the music (a quick over view)

Now all seats in all of the trains rotate by themselves to face forward the train stops on an incline, angled the same as it would be in a live theatre, a curtain opens to reveal a stage, where a scene from the next Disney musical is performed

While Whoopi finishes off telling you about what Disney is planning for Broadway next, you proceed to the unloading area.

You then exit into a large post show room with a variety of interactive exhibits.

This all takes place where Lights, Motors, Action currently takes place, the building will utilize a single story. There are several key pieces of new technology used, the holographic Whoopi, there will be technology to detect:
People standing
People taking Flash Pictures
People Smoking

This technology will be able to determine the exact seats involved and will call security as needed. There will of course still be cameras as well. Another piece of technology will be used to keep those in wheelchairs level in relation to the ground when the trains are inclined.

The auditions will be real auditions for various things throughout the parks and on broadway as needed, if none are needed, then anyone that is really good will be kept on file, if they want, otherwise it is just allowing guests to have an experience of having a real audition.

The ride's finale will be performed by live performers as well.

The theming should fit well, as the entrance will be on New York Street (at least as near as I can remember it would be, as it has been a while since I have gotten back there).

I also have some visuals, I had to recreate them, or I would have posted yesterday and now I see no way to post pictures on this board, do I have to have a minimum number of posts or something before posting images? If someone tells me how to do this, I will add some visuals here.

MaterA113

Original Poster
Ok judges... There will be no elimination since we have 2 ppl who did not turn in projects, (wdwbeepbop and bansk8er49)...

So judges if you will please, hopefully by later today, post here your comments and critiecs for the different projects, and ranks then with 7 (best) to 1 (least)...

I will be posting the project tomorrow, and we will have 9 ppl playing in project 3..

Here are players continuing to P3:
--cmwade77
--TrevorA
--Jasonflz
--Sass-Rvr
--WDW Vactationer
--disneyman82
--mharrington
--_Scar
--comics101

NOTE TO JUDGES: I have told the contestants that there was no need to post pictures (blueprints, etC) b/c most were late and i just wanted the basic ride down...

I will be posting P3 later today...

MaterA113

Original Poster
Im sorry.. I didnt see it... I will go check again..

becasue when i see that someone has posted a project, i make a list of who as turned it in.. and i must have accidentally skipped it..

THanks KingMickey awareness...

No one will still be eliminated..

EDIT: THanks again KM.. i found it..

KingMickey

In the Parks
Yes
WDW Vacationer- I liked your ride, but there were certain things that really didn’t do it for me. The ride didn’t really follow a precise storyline. I’m not sure if it was intentional or not but the attraction’s story didn’t really follow the story of A Bug’s Life, and instead seemed to follow the idea that you were as small as a bug and that was the premise of the story. The New Technology section was very minimal. I know the ride vehicle also counts with “Tech”, but that section was also rather small. It was more about the visual description, rather how the new technology would work. All in all, I still liked your ride.

Disneyman82- This attraction was great. I really liked how you added in those “small touches” in the queue, which really make a Disney attraction great. One thing that I do have to comment on though, is that the attraction is more or less a re-telling of the movie. In most dark rides, only the pivotal scenes are focused on, the ones that help carry the story better. Not that I’m saying more scenes is bad, but realistically, only the most memorable scenes would find their way into an attraction. Still, great ride!

Bamsk8ter49- This ride kinda puzzled me. The queue didn’t really seem to be consistent. Creating your own rollercoaster didn’t have a connection to the ride, so it seemed fairly out of place. You seem to have a lot of talking in your attraction. In any ride, there is always very little dialogue during the actual ride portion of the attraction. The vehicles are in constant motion, so bits of the dialogue would never be heard. As for placement, I’m not sure if a ride like this would be able to fit in the Playhouse Disney-Live on Stage theater.

Jasonflz- I must say, you improved so much since your previous project. I though this ride was absolutely fantastic! You combined all aspects of a Disney ride together, scenes, effects, new technology and a great story. Even the queue, which was a “Hall of Ecplorers”, even though it doesn’t really have much connection to the story, it still worked out really well. The entire attraction was just superb.

Mharrington- Oddly enough, I think I’ve seen hundreds of the same Fantasia water coaster. Obviously, they’re all similar because they’re all based on the same movie scenes. However, yours seemed to follow the exact same scene order as fellow judge Disneyson1’s Fantasia Gardens attraction. Even the drops and lift hills were in the same place. Obviously, I can’t say to do a completely different movie to be original, most likely because an idea has been created for just about everything out there. Just all of the attractions are really similar.

Comics101- As soon as I saw the word “Muppets”, I thought “Oh geez, another Great Muppet Movie Ride", but, I was pleasantly surprised with this. This ride truly captured the spirit of the Muppets. I thought everything about it was perfect. The ride captured the comedic and chaotic side of the Muppets. It fits so well with the Muppet*Vision 3-D show, as well. I even liked how you took the next step and gave us a few glimpses of your own Muppet-themed area, something I’d love to see! Everything was perfect, memorable scenes, all of the characters and fits the theme of the area and the park well. Great job!

TrevorA- I’ll hold off on grading yours for now because I know it’s not a finished product.

Cmwade77- This was another one that pleasantly surprised me. Loved the interactive factor you had in the queue. I liked the whole train effect, especially with Whoopi sitting in the train along with you, very clever and original. The one thing is I wish you had been more detailed with the several scenes that you have to work with. I know that there’s a lot of them and they’re all focused on something different, but it really does help flourish out the project and make it something memorable.

Grades
7- Comics101
6- Jasonflz
5- Mharrington
4- Disneyman82
3- Cmwade77
2- WDW Vacationer
1- Bamsk8ter49

MaterA113

Original Poster
Ok.. I have done my "grading".. and again i want to preface it with im sorry, and im not trying to be hurtful.. and i just want you all to get better so the Final Project will be SOOO GOOD... :)

Ranking-8(Best) to 1(least)
8-Comics101
7-bamsk8er49
6-jasonflz
5-mharrington
4-disneyman82
3-WDW Vacationer
2-cmwade77
1-TrevorA

comics101-
Love the Muppets idea, its different and unique. Great Description of scenes. Love the good incorporation of the Muppet Characters to their "locations". Now to the negatives,some of the characters seemed forced into the location and there wasnt a good reason to put them in. the "new" technology is the trackless which isnt really new, and i dont see the point of it

bamsk9er49-
Really good and detailed. As i have never seen the show, it pulls me into the story really good. Love how you tied into the park. FIts well into the ANimation area. Now to the negatives, its seems too short for a dark ride, it seems like Peter Pans Flight, i dont like that ride becasue it is too short. The new technology is just ok, and not revolutionary. On a side note: your a really good drawer :)

jasonflz-
IT is good, and detailed and very descriptive. As i have never seen the movie i really got the story good. I LOVE the Vehicle. Your blueprint is really good. The titles is a bit Generic. I dont get how the Load and Unload connect, is it the red line?? b/c if it is, it have lots of wasted space.

mharrington-
I like the detail and such. But the overall it seems TOOO E TICKET, not a "dark ride" e ticket, but a "thrill" ride e ticket. I though you might have done it like Haunted Mansion, or Pirates, as they are E tickets, but its more like a Splash Mountain. The queue seems a bit boreing. SOme scenes a bit short, while others are LONG. I also dont like the many hills and such that you move up and down, not like a normal E Ticket that is flatter. ALso the technology seems a bit generic... Overall its good.

disneyman82-
I really really really LOVE your attraction, it was detailed and very descriptive. And the new technology was really good and innovative. For me you would have been the highest on my list, BUT the attraction wont fit into the Hey Hey Howdy Take Away, at all. The hey hey howdy take away is probably the size of a small shop or a big closet, and you have Great Movie Ride right behind it so it would totally take up GMR and you didnt want that... So that was the main reason why you are down lower on mine. Becasue one of the MAIN criteria for this attraction was to fit into an existing area and such. But i did LOVE the attraction, just didnt fit into the HHHTA.

WDW Vacationer-
It is just ok, IMO. The ride seems really short and not very detailed. ANd follows thestory TOO MUCH. Many if not all the Dark Rides dont follow the story of the movie step by step. LIke in the Little Mermaid attraction, that is coming to DCA and most likely to MK, the end scene is the Kiss the Girl which is after the Ursula destruction and make it more happy in the end. Where in themovie the KdG scene is before Ursula destruction. And they want the guest to seem like they are just in the movie... I hope you understand.

cmwade77-
The theme doesnt seem to fit into the New York Street area, the only thing is Broadway area. I dont understand why Whoopi Goldberg, to me she seems a bit random, why not a disney character. The Vehicles have too many seats, like 40 per vehicle. And doesnt seem like a Dark RIde at all, it seems like an attraction at Epcot. ANd sorry to say, kinda boreing. :(

TrevorA-
Im sure you understand why... ANd i really cant comment because you just have one scene. Im just happy that you turned something in. (Will comment more if/when you post more of the project) for now you are on the bottom...

-----------------------
As said earlier, no one will be eliminated this round and the next Project will be posted later today with a Suprise :lol:

comics101

Thanks for the comments guys! I've just posted two sketches (Gonzo/Bean and Piggy's Trailer) I did durning my first period. They're rushed, and aren't great, but I hope they give an idea of the scenes. I doubt I get to a computer again, so I'll try to get some more sketches done once I get home...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom