The Imagineer--Project 2

MaterA113

Original Poster
The Imagineer—Project 2

Players:
-TrevorA
-Jasonflz
-wdwbeepbop
-Sassagoula-Rvr (on vacation, so immune)
-comics101
-WDW Vacationer
-mharrington (possible, waiting for response)
-disneyman82
-romanarms(replaced SolarHeart, and im sure another person :) )
-cmwade77
-bamsk8er49

For this project only Wannabe Walt, KingMickey, and myself will be grading the projects, and hopefully (finger crossed) someone will actually be eliminated, as Disneyson 1 will be gone for the project…

After you all have gotten your foot wet with theming and visual storytelling, and how everything, even the simplest of things needs a story, we will be moving up a level to another “thought to be simple” concept… The Dark Ride. That is right you will be building a dark ride, but it wont in an easy location, like Magic Kingdom, or even Epcot, you will have to fit is somewhere into Disney’s Hollywood Studios. And some of you might be thinking oh cool; I can do a Enchanted attraction in New York Street, or a Monsters Inc attraction in Pixar Place, or an Indy attraction. Think again, you ARE NOT allowed to do a Enchanted or Monsters Inc attraction or Indiana Jones attractions, all other Disney Films and such are up for grab. But you also don’t have to do a Disney Film, remember some of the best “dark rides” are not Disney film based, like Haunted Mansion, Pirates of the Caribbean, or even it’s a small world. Another key part of this project is finding where to place it, because Disney’s Hollywood Studios can’t really extend because it has roads around it, so you will most likely need to get rid of something… So you WILL have to replace an existing attraction, show, shops, restaurants, etc. You can’t just build in an unoccupied space, you have to remove something, and it HAS to fit within that area, so if you pick something to replace the Indiana Jones show, it MUST fit in that area.

The main “elements” of this challenge are to fit within a restricted area, so I suggest GOOGLE Earth, or something like that where you can see how much area you actually have… I would like to see the before and after… And once again you have Visual Storytelling…

So here are your musts:
--Themed Queue
--“blueprint” of attraction to show scenes
--List of Ride Scenes
--Explanation of scenes
--at least 5 Visuals (concept art, hand drawn, computer, pics from internet, and such… NOT INCLUDE LAYOUT)
--Themed Attraction Vehicle (pic also prefered, but not needed)
--Story (whether original attraction, or from movie/book… everything needs a story)
--Drawing of Entrance Sign (NO FASTPASS, also not included in visuals)
--NEW Technology used (could be in scenes special effect, or vehicles.. etc.)

This project is
***DUE SATURDAY AUGUST 22nd***….
I will begin scoring on Sunday… PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE if you KNOW you will be late PLEASE PM me letting me know… If you don’t want to play anymore please PM me… but I really really really don’t want anymore “drop outs”.. I was all excited when I started this because I had lot of ppl, now its down a lot… ALSO the 3 DAY RULE is GONE…ONLY 1 DAY LATE, without letting me know prior… If you know you will be LATE, please let me know BEFORE the day its due…

If you have any questions feel free to post or PM them to me… I hope you all have fun… And yes this has to be something you made for this project, not something you already had… Thanks J

Sassagoula-Rvr

OH MAN! I would LOVE to do this one...it sucks that I'm gonna miss it but there is no way I can do a Dark Ride concept justice before I leave!...Good luck to everyone and thanks Mater!

Jasonflz

:wave: Sounds great! Ironically, you picked the one project I had already planned out for several months. It was more of a fun idea but I really know how to expand it.

Let's just say it is from a certain Pixar film that was released recently.

MaterA113

Original Poster
you can do any pixar film, just not Monsters Inc, b/c there is already a MI attraction in DCA and TDL... :) i hope you understand...

comics101

So, just to be clear, we're not allowed to use the building next to TSM bc it's currently an unoccupied space?

Also, are we allowed to expand any buildings? Like the Pizza Planet building, or the old Hunchback theatre?

TrevorA

In the Parks
Yes
I think by unoccupied, she means virgin land. I may be wrong, but you could probably use a building that is already there. Again, I don't know, but I'm going to guess that's the case

---TrevorA

Disneyson 1

I'm looking forward to seeing how this comes out...!

And remember, BAD art will not get you bag grades - bad CONCEPTS get you bad grades.

MaterA113

Original Poster
Ok, as for where to place it you can place it ANYWHERE where there is a building occupied or not or a show attraction etc.. so you can use the section next to TSMM... NO YOU MAY NOT EXPAND any existing buildings.. If you need to expand a building i suggest try finding another area to place it within that area, like if it wont fit in the "hunchback thethre" you can build it where LMA is...

TrevorA was right with virgin land... I just meant you couldnt build like backstage where there is just a parking lot, or on Echo Lake... So basically anywhere that has a buidilging or a show, shops, attractiosn are up for game...

I hope you all understande.. :)

romanarms

When you say dark ride do you mean those c-ticket dark ride (like snow white) or those e-ticket type of rides (like pirates or haunted mansion)?

MaterA113

Original Poster
Romanarms, and everyone else... When i say Dark Ride, i want you to think of the Dark Ride that you want to build, it can be a "C-Ticket" like SNow White or Pinocchio, but i could also be a "E-Ticket" like Haunted Mansion, Pirates, or even Pooh's Hunny Hunt...

Also i have added another element you must work into your attraction,
SOME TYPE OF "NEW" TECHNOLOGY TO GO INTO THE ATTRACTION,​
it can be like a new effect or new type of vehicle... I hope you all understand... Like how Haunted Mansion has "peppers ghost" and Peter Pan's Flight has a overhead track...

Disneyson 1

^Or at least something unique, or something that may be an improvement on an existing idea, a currently un-used effect, or a new effect completely. It isn't as easy as it sounds.

Oh, and PLEASE no Muppets unless you have a NEW idea for them.

MaterA113

Original Poster
Thanks Disneyson about the MUPPETS... i forgot about them...

NO MUPPETS!!!! :) :) :) :) Unless it is a extremly different and unique concept... NO MUPPET MOVIE RIDE...

TrevorA

In the Parks
Yes
I have a quick question about space. How are we supposed to tell if an attraction will fit into a building? Do we just eyeball it?

I'm also not understanding your reasoning behind the "no expanding outside of existing buildings" rule. Perhaps you could clarify?

---TrevorA

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom