Star Wars Land For DHS or LucasLand instead?

Unplugged

Runaway mine cars are fun. Unless you're chasing Doctor Jones, then it tends not to end well.

This is why we can't have nice things! Or at least as nice as a new Indiana Jones attraction. I heard Imagineering did some test runs on it and found a lot of critical injuries were incurred during the landing of the cart after jumping the chasm. TDO didn't like the liability and figured if they really needed it, they could stick a video in front of us and call it Indiana Jones and the Virtual Mine Cart.

:D

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Why do people don't want anything new of indy to come to the studios....its all about Star Wars. Since its part of Lucas Indiana jones needs its share too.

I think a lot of people would LIKE to see Indy, it's just that we don't think it will happen. Star Wars is going to be a huge part of Disney's business for at least the rest of the decade. There is talk of re-booting Indy, but it's still not clear if or when that will happen and how big a part of Disney's film business it will be.

CentralFloridaRocks831

Original Poster
I think a lot of people would LIKE to see Indy, it's just that we don't think it will happen. Star Wars is going to be a huge part of Disney's business for at least the rest of the decade. There is talk of re-booting Indy, but it's still not clear if or when that will happen and how big a part of Disney's film business it will be.
Yes I totally understand.....I want a Star Wars land to come I really do, but I just want some sort of presence to Indiana jones, and if they keep the show.....theirs a good chance that later on in the future Disney will think about brining a whole new Indiana jones attraction to echo lake area. I am really pushing for an Indy flume ride...since catastrophe canyon/backlot tour had a water effect scene when I rode it when I was about 9-10....it would draw in really good crowds I think and you add that in with Star Wars land it'd be perfect. I know their are a lot of Indy haters out their but I'm not one of them, nor I'm a Star Wars hater, I just want to see both Lucas film franchises succeed at a disney theme park.

doctornick

I'd rather have a fully fleshed out and sizeable Star Wars land (preferably having different well themed areas corresponding to different planets) than a Lucasland that wouldn't be as immersive.

That said, I love me some Dr. Jones and hope we get a ride related to him in WDW someday. I'd be fine with it in Adentureland or somewhere in DHS separate from SW.

Matt_Black

Disney is going to do SOMETHING with the franchise, eventually. They paid Paramount a good deal for the rights, and the company is eventually going to want something in return for their investment.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Disney is going to do SOMETHING with the franchise, eventually. They paid Paramount a good deal for the rights, and the company is eventually going to want something in return for their investment.

True, but they know exactly what they are going to be doing with Star Wars yet are still dragging their feet on putting it in the parks, so I just don't see them increasing the Indy presence at this point.

Anders Limpar

I'd rather have a fully fleshed out and sizeable Star Wars land (preferably having different well themed areas corresponding to different planets) than a Lucasland that wouldn't be as immersive.

That said, I love me some Dr. Jones and hope we get a ride related to him in WDW someday. I'd be fine with it in Adentureland or somewhere in DHS separate from SW.

I totally agree with this post.

216bruce

As much as I enjoy SW, I enjoyed the Indy films even more. I know that's a minority of folks. The problem with an Indy presence in parks and the franchise in general is that it's just so character/actor-centric. It's about ONE guy for the most part and that guy in his prime is/has been played by one guy. If an actor can be found to replace Harrison Ford and he is accepted by the public, Indy can be a big deal again. That's a hard, hard choice to make and critical (obviously) to any reboot. With SW there's an entire universe of spin-offs and other characters. With Indy-there's "him". You can make him younger ala' "The Adventures of the Young Indiana Jones", which was tremendous or can make him older and keep Harrison Ford around, but to put him right in the wheelhouse of his prime, you need another 'guy'.
I'd LOVE to see a new set of movies and an attraction or so, but it's going to be tough to get right and have it be popular enough to warrant the expense.

HauntedMansionFLA

As much as I enjoy SW, I enjoyed the Indy films even more. I know that's a minority of folks. The problem with an Indy presence in parks and the franchise in general is that it's just so character/actor-centric. It's about ONE guy for the most part and that guy in his prime is/has been played by one guy. If an actor can be found to replace Harrison Ford and he is accepted by the public, Indy can be a big deal again. That's a hard, hard choice to make and critical (obviously) to any reboot. With SW there's an entire universe of spin-offs and other characters. With Indy-there's "him". You can make him younger ala' "The Adventures of the Young Indiana Jones", which was tremendous or can make him older and keep Harrison Ford around, but to put him right in the wheelhouse of his prime, you need another 'guy'.
I'd LOVE to see a new set of movies and an attraction or so, but it's going to be tough to get right and have it be popular enough to warrant the expense.
I'd love to see Indiana Jones over in DAK if the stunt show closes over at DHS. They could have a roller coaster like at DisneySea

CentralFloridaRocks831

Original Poster
Thing is with an Indy version from Disneyland Brought over to WDW would kind of be a clone of Dinosaur over at AK. Maybe have the Indy ride be outside and inside like the new King Kong attraction going up at universal Orlando IOA.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom