Star Wars Land For DHS or LucasLand instead?

CentralFloridaRocks831

Original Poster
I don't think their has been any debate about this certain topic. I know their have been plenty of rumors about a new Star Wars Land coming to Disney Hollywood Studios and that's a great idea but as I look at this when it breaks ground around early spring 2015-that's what their saying, they'll get rid of the indiana jones epic stunt spectacular...Idol is closed already I know that but if Star Wars takes over all of echo land that means the Indy show will be gone...and after that the presence of Indy will not be felt at the Hollywood studios...I don't know if this is a good idea or bad idea...once the Indy goes the only thing I see that will have Indiana jones featured in its attraction will be the Great Movie Ride. im thinking way too far ahead but if Indy epic stunt spectacular closes to make room for star wars land...I'm sure some disney fans will be upset to see no Indiana Jones at the Hollywood Studios..I mean yes TGMR but barely. Indy is a big George Lucas franchise too, I know Star Wars is very popular too, but what I'm trying to say is when disney makes it changes should they stick to a Star Wars Land only or focus on both LucasFilm franchises and create a Lucas Land based on Star Wars and Indiana Jones? Again I don't think no one at all has thought about the idea of a Star Wars land over a LucasFilm Land. Honesty I think they're both popular and I don't think one should be totally abandoned.

PhotoDave219

Yeah but they shouldn't totally abandon the Indiana jones show, if anything they should keep it. It does deserve its presence just like Star Wars. Like I said Indy is just as popular as Star Wars IMO. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion.

There's a difference between opinion and fact.

You're presenting your opinion.

I'm countering with fact.

CentralFloridaRocks831

Original Poster
Lucasland is not happening.
Maybe you don't want it
Maybe you don't want it to happen but it's not totally confirmed 100 % that a Star Wars land will be confirmed. If you follow screamscape.com it reads that more and more changes will be coming to Disney Hollywood studios and more future project cancellations are on the way. That might include the Star Wars land. I love both franchises but seriously show some respect for Harrison Ford's other character that's he's most famous for other than Han Solo.

CentralFloridaRocks831

Original Poster
Maybe you don't want it
Maybe you don't want it to happen but it's not totally confirmed 100 % that a Star Wars land will be confirmed. If you follow screamscape.com it reads that more and more changes will be coming to Disney Hollywood studios and more future project cancellations are on the way. That might include the Star Wars land. I love both franchises but seriously show some respect for Harrison Ford's other character that's he's most famous for other than Han Solo.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Yeah but they shouldn't totally abandon the Indiana jones show, if anything they should keep it. It does deserve its presence just like Star Wars. Like I said Indy is just as popular as Star Wars IMO. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion.

I love Indy and would love to see it's presence continue, but it appears Star Wars is going to be a major revenue driver for at least the next decade, Indy not so much. This is what is most important to Disney at this point in time.
Maybe you don't want it

The insiders here like PhotoDave are MUCH more reliable then Screamscape. Screamscape doesn't seem to have much of an editorial process, they print pretty much everything they hear.

PhotoDave219

Maybe you don't want it

What I want is immaterial to the reality at hand.

CentralFloridaRocks831

Original Poster
I love Indy and would love to see it's presence continue, but it appears Star Wars is going to be a major revenue driver for at least the next decade, Indy not so much. This is what is most important to Disney at this point in time.

The insiders here like PhotoDave are MUCH more reliable then Screamscape. Screamscape doesn't seem to have much of an editorial process, they print pretty much everything they hear.

I'm sorry but yes personally I do love Indiana jones, how couldn't you? If they remove the stunt show yes it would be kinda sad if we never see a Indy attraction at Walt disney world again. I heard If the Indy show goes over from screamscape again if theirs ever a fifth park built at Disney which lance said it will happen before the year 2021 a new Indiana jones attraction could go in the 5th WDW Park.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
I'm sorry but yes personally I do love Indiana jones, how couldn't you? If they remove the stunt show yes it would be kinda sad if we never see a Indy attraction at Walt disney world again. I heard If the Indy show goes over from screamscape again if theirs ever a fifth park built at Disney which lance said it will happen before the year 2021 a new Indiana jones attraction could go in the 5th WDW Park.

You need to stop using Screamscape as a source. Their fifth gate rumor was based on inaccurate information.

Macca250

I'd love a new Indy attraction, I think that franchise certainly deserves a place in the park(s). I'm not too fussed about Epic Stunt Spectacular going away- don't get me wrong, it's a great show that I always try and catch each trip, however it doesn't owe us anything; it's served its place in the park for many years. Star Wars is the number one priority at the moment from Disney's perspective, but lets not rule out any future Indy appearances in Orlando; I've heard there are plans already in the pipeline for his resurrection on the big screen. Here's hoping for WDW Indy at some point!

JasonDeyoung

Same reason they have Star Wars weekends every year and not Indiana Jones. It's what's popular and in demand and will make the most money. Star Wars has an enormous following. I'm not a fan of one more than the other but even I would vote for a Star Wars land over Lucas/Indiana. I do think it should be in the park somewhere in some sort of fashion Unfortunately attractions some may enjoy won't last forever, times change and they have to go with what the majority want and where the money will be. Just my opinion

Phil12

It's all going to depend on how the new movie does at the box office. If we get another Lone Ranger then Star Wars will be tucked away for a decade or more. Back in 1990 they had planned a big E-ticket ride called Dick Tracy's Crime Stoppers but when the movie wasn't a big success, Disney backed away very quickly.

If the new Star Wars is a success then you'll see some new attractions based upon Star Wars. If not then we'll most likely see a new land based upon Frozen with a big Olaf built right in front of the Chinese theater.

JasonDeyoung

It's all going to depend on how the new movie does at the box office. If we get another Lone Ranger then Star Wars will be tucked away for a decade or more. Back in 1990 they had planned a big E-ticket ride called **** Tracy's Crime Stoppers but when the movie wasn't a big success, Disney backed away very quickly.

If the new Star Wars is a success then you'll see some new attractions based upon Star Wars. If not then we'll most likely see a new land based upon Frozen with a big Olaf built right in front of the Chinese theater.
Lol the Olaf comment was funny but sadly I wouldn't be surprised

mikenatcity1

There's a difference between opinion and fact.

You're presenting your opinion.

I'm countering with fact.
I'll have to side with you...Starwars is more popular than Indy...while I'm a bigger fan of Indy than SW, I don't see any special days, events or seasons based on dr Jones...just my thought

cheezbat

Personally I'm a far bigger Indy fan than Star Wars. If I had to choose between the two franchises for the park obviously if pick Indy...but I know many more would choose Star Wars.

I just hope if the stunt show leaves, we get a new Indy attraction elsewhere in the near future.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom