Star Wars Land For DHS or LucasLand instead?

CentralFloridaRocks831

Original Poster
Oh I didn't know that...but if a Indiana jones ride were to happen would you go with a raft ride? Flume ride? Or something similar to Tokyo Disney Sea or Disneylands version in Anaheim?

orlando678-

I'd personally go for a river raft ride. The experiences can be endless and it seems to fit Indiana Jones really well. Also HS needs water!!! The tree trunk ride also sounds really cool but I think a river rapids ride is way more immersive. The copy of the Tokyo or Anaheim ride sounds really cool, but I just want WDW to now keep on going for a while with coming up with unique ride experiences. WDW has had lots of copies and its time to set WDW apart from the rest, which they are already doing pretty well.

CentralFloridaRocks831

Original Poster
I'd personally go for a river raft ride. The experiences can be endless and it seems to fit Indiana Jones really well. Also HS needs water!!! The tree trunk ride also sounds really cool but I think a river rapids ride is way more immersive. The copy of the Tokyo or Anaheim ride sounds really cool, but I just want WDW to now keep on going for a while with coming up with unique ride experiences. WDW has had lots of copies and its time to set WDW apart from the rest, which they are already doing pretty well.
Well DHS used to have a water ride called catastrophe canyon! Well a water scene was featured!

cheezbat

DHS is severely lacking in the water features and water rides department. If they axe the lagoon near the Indy show that will seriously cut back on nice aesthetics. Personally, I'd love to see an Indy flume ride in the Studios, but if not, then give us a dang clone! Studios needs all the rides it can get. I just hope whatever they build, they consider bringing more water features (fountains, ponds, waterfalls, anything!) to the park.

Mike S

DHS is severely lacking in the water features and water rides department. If they axe the lagoon near the Indy show that will seriously cut back on nice aesthetics. Personally, I'd love to see an Indy flume ride in the Studios, but if not, then give us a dang clone! Studios needs all the rides it can get. I just hope whatever they build, they consider bringing more water features (fountains, ponds, waterfalls, anything!) to the park.
Having finally experienced Indiana Jones Adventure recently I wouldn't mind an exact clone at all. Such a great ride.

George

Liker of Things
Premium Member
Star Wars land all the way. Who wants to go on rides where we take boats, omnimovers, fancy test track ride systems, etc. by that bearded weirdo. What would Lucas be doing anyway? Waving at us? Eating sandwiches? Watching his yes man and sycophants tell him that the plot to "Episode 2: At least it has Samuel L. Jackson from Time to Time" makes sense?

CentralFloridaRocks831

Original Poster
I don't think the Indiana jones epic stunt spectacular will be totally missed like when kongfrontstion left at Universal Orlando. Very sad so many people cried that day. If Indy show closed tomorrow which obviously it won't I wouldn't be so sad that I would cry about it. The show is so played out even if a good number of visitors come to see the show it cannot go one forever. So my question is disney making a pretty big mistake leaving the Indiana jones show where it is if it's going to be another 20 years we'll see it or should they just demolish the attraction? I guarantee their wont be a whole lot of visitors crying about the indy show once it's gone. If I were running disney I'd close it down now; not care about what other people may think of the attraction. It's time for something new related to Indy. You know theirs a song that goes Nothing last forever. If the Star Wars land comes good but I think once the lights! Action! Motors! Extreme stunt show opened, The ijess became a horrible location for the show since the 2 shows are like basically next door to each other in terms of walking distance not that far apart.

CentralFloridaRocks831

Original Poster
I liked the Indy stunt show don't get me wrong but again if I was in charge of Disney I would've closed the stunt show and opened up a new Indy attraction after the 2008 film came out. I guess kingdom of the crystal skull wasn't good enough to attract another Indiana jones attraction after all?

lightningtap347

It's all going to depend on how the new movie does at the box office. If we get another Lone Ranger then Star Wars will be tucked away for a decade or more. Back in 1990 they had planned a big E-ticket ride called **** Tracy's Crime Stoppers but when the movie wasn't a big success, Disney backed away very quickly.

If the new Star Wars is a success then you'll see some new attractions based upon Star Wars. If not then we'll most likely see a new land based upon Frozen with a big Olaf built right in front of the Chinese theater.

The new film could be a five minute clip of George Lucas rubbing the prequels on his bare and it would still make more money than The Lone Ranger.

Matt_Black

When you figure in worldwide box office and home entertainment sales, it did (barely) make more than it's production budget, so that's something at least.

CentralFloridaRocks831

Original Poster
The stunt show must be still popular even though IMO it should've been gone after the new indy film came out in may 2008. Again things don't last forever so it's only a matter of time when DHS will officially announce when the show closes. Poor location like I said too for the indy stunt should since LIGHTS! MOTORS! ACTION! Is pretty much like their nextdoor neighbor.....theirs no need to really keep the IJESS much longer, if they need to use the space for star wars land why won't disney just tear down the show? That's why I was questioning disneys move on this.

HauntedMansionFLA

And does anyone want to make a bet that Echo Lake will be the most crowded section at DHS once Star Wars land is all finished up, that's I cars land comes to...it's very close to echo lake.
If they do Star Wars Land right, build CarsLand and have a good Pixar Playarea for families - it will have a huge swing in attendance. I wouldn't mind the Indiana Jones stunt show moved to another part of the park.

CentralFloridaRocks831

Original Poster
Hey if Star Wars is too important to WDW right now, I think it'd be better to have it come to a future Walt disney world fifth park whenever that'll be, if a fifth disney gate comes before Universal's third gate or after. The earliest Disney fifth park was said to be built before the year 2021.

WDWoptmist

I don't think their has been any debate about this certain topic. I know their have been plenty of rumors about a new Star Wars Land coming to Disney Hollywood Studios and that's a great idea but as I look at this when it breaks ground around early spring 2015-that's what their saying, they'll get rid of the indiana jones epic stunt spectacular...Idol is closed already I know that but if Star Wars takes over all of echo land that means the Indy show will be gone...and after that the presence of Indy will not be felt at the Hollywood studios...I don't know if this is a good idea or bad idea...once the Indy goes the only thing I see that will have Indiana jones featured in its attraction will be the Great Movie Ride. im thinking way too far ahead but if Indy epic stunt spectacular closes to make room for star wars land...I'm sure some disney fans will be upset to see no Indiana Jones at the Hollywood Studios..I mean yes TGMR but barely. Indy is a big George Lucas franchise too, I know Star Wars is very popular too, but what I'm trying to say is when disney makes it changes should they stick to a Star Wars Land only or focus on both LucasFilm franchises and create a Lucas Land based on Star Wars and Indiana Jones? Again I don't think no one at all has thought about the idea of a Star Wars land over a LucasFilm Land. Honesty I think they're both popular and I don't think one should be totally abandoned.
I love Indy as much as the next guy (although SW is better loll) but I would prefer a fully immersive Star Wars Land. Would love to see Indy somewhere but not just for nostalgia sake. Star Wars works so well because t spans several generations...I don't know that Indy does that quite the same way sadly :(

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom