Star Wars Land For DHS or LucasLand instead?

NoChesterHester

I would disagree with this - Disney bought the rights to all future Indiana Jones films (I believe Paramount still owns the rights to the first four, unless that recently changed), so it's almost certain that they will be making more Indiana Jones films, albeit with a new lead given Harrison Ford's age. I would guess that it will get a reboot in a few years. I know that casting rumors seem to surface every few months, though nothing official has been announced.

As for the stunt show, I can't imagine it would continue. It hasn't been updated in decades and doesn't fit with the rumored Star Wars overhaul in that part of the park. That said, if and when the Indiana Jones franchise gets some new films, I could see the character coming to one of the parks in some form or another down the road. At the moment, the character also has a presence in the Great Movie Ride.

They must be so very careful with the reboot... But it is coming. They didn't soend that money for the rights so that they could run the aging show at DHS.

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
I would disagree with this - Disney bought the rights to all future Indiana Jones films (I believe Paramount still owns the rights to the first four, unless that recently changed), so it's almost certain that they will be making more Indiana Jones films, albeit with a new lead given Harrison Ford's age. I would guess that it will get a reboot in a few years. I know that casting rumors seem to surface every few months, though nothing official has been announced.

As for the stunt show, I can't imagine it would continue. It hasn't been updated in decades and doesn't fit with the rumored Star Wars overhaul in that part of the park. That said, if and when the Indiana Jones franchise gets some new films, I could see the character coming to one of the parks in some form or another down the road. At the moment, the character also has a presence in the Great Movie Ride.

Paramount holds the right to distribute the first four films... and will share in the distribution of future Indy films. Disney owns the IP by purchasing Lucasfilms. Marketing and distribution rights are different than copyright, which is ownership. Things were so much simpler under the old studio system.....

Matt_Black

Paramount holds the right to distribute the first four films... and will share in the distribution of future Indy films. Disney owns the IP by purchasing Lucasfilms. Marketing and distribution rights are different than copyright, which is ownership. Things were so much simpler under the old studio system.....

To put it in simple terms, it's very similar to the deal Paramount currently has with Disney in regards to the Marvel films. Watch the opening and end credits to Iron Man 3, and you'll get a good idea of what to expect from future Indy films.

CentralFloridaRocks831

Original Poster
All I'm saying is that it would be hard for too me to imagine for Indians jones not to have a home at Walt Disney World once the stunt show is gone. BTW I heard from another site not screamscape that the stunt show should end in 2017. So it looks like Star Wars land won't be expanding to IJESS unless theirs a change of plans. I also heard from Behind the Thrills another great source that after Christmas indiana jones will be gone. I understand some of you guys are against a Indy ride being added somewhere at WDW in the near future. Why not add it to the fifth Disney theme park? All I'm saying is that IJ is popular enough to have its presence just like the muppets, star wars, and Pixar. My two cents.

Seabasealpha1

Okay...don't trust screamscape too much. A lot of the stuff I see get posted comes in AFTER forums like these post speculation...which, I'm a little guilty of as well with my own blog...though, don't get me wrong...I don't post this stuff as being insider info that I'm privy to or that I alone know...take that site with a grain of salt...and if you like...hope. Whatever sweetens your morning coffee...

As for the question at hand...I too would love to see something stick around for Indy. Will that happen? Imma guess not. Maybe we'll all get a big fat surprise some day. For that matter I'm content to follow the guys like Dave and Marni on this kinda thing...

Also, we know good and well that the company will destroy and rebuild whatever attractions to push whatever IP they feel is the money maker...ala Frozen murdering Maelstrom anyone?

Kman101

I'd love an Indy ride but there's no way they think it's necessary or worth spending the money on. JMO. I'd love to be wrong though. I guess they could always take the Excavator/Raging Spirits/etc. concept and give us a coaster but I'd even doubt that. Now, years from now if they reboot the franchise and it's a hit? I'd say possibly but that's probably a long ways off.

englanddg

One Little Spark...
There's a large expansion pad in Adventureland. Just sayin'.... (Though I wouldn't theme an Indy ride there to India the way it is in DLR, but one themed to, say, an Incan Temple would fit better with the tropical vibe.)
Where is that pad? I can only think of the spot between Swiss Family and Crystal Palace, and the one just north of Pirates (which is currently backstage storage and staging)?

doctornick

Where is that pad? I can only think of the spot between Swiss Family and Crystal Palace, and the one just north of Pirates (which is currently backstage storage and staging)?

I'm sure others like @marni1971 could say for sure, but there is a large expansion pad that was going to be the site for Fire Mountain. I think it is the undeveloped land outside the railroad berm south of the POTC showbuilding. If so, it would require a long queue like the Indy one in DLR.

englanddg

One Little Spark...
I'm sure others like @marni1971 could say for sure, but there is a large expansion pad that was going to be the site for Fire Mountain. I think it is the undeveloped land outside the railroad berm south of the POTC showbuilding. If so, it would require a long queue like the Indy one in DLR.
It would certainly be difficult to get to...perhaps that's it.

I was just curious, cause I've tried to shove stuff in there before, and it's rough. MK down there is packed.

doctornick

It would certainly be difficult to get to...perhaps that's it.

I was just curious, cause I've tried to shove stuff in there before, and it's rough. MK down there is packed.

DLR's Indy has a very long queue that leads under the RR berm before you get on the ride. After getting off the ride, you have to walk all the way back the other direction. It's an understandable solution, but it's a little odd.

I don't know if there would be enough room inside the berm for a queue & ride load/unload in MK's Adventureland. If there were enough room, then theoretically, you could load there and the ride vehicle could descend and take you below the RR berm.

If anyone had old plans for Fire Mountain -- and it was an approved project by Eisner, so there has to be some advanced plans somewhere -- we'd probably have a good idea how the space could be used.

englanddg

One Little Spark...
DLR's Indy has a very long queue that leads under the RR berm before you get on the ride. After getting off the ride, you have to walk all the way back the other direction. It's an understandable solution, but it's a little odd.

I don't know if there would be enough room inside the berm for a queue & ride load/unload in MK's Adventureland. If there were enough room, then theoretically, you could load there and the ride vehicle could descend and take you below the RR berm.

If anyone had old plans for Fire Mountain -- and it was an approved project by Eisner, so there has to be some advanced plans somewhere -- we'd probably have a good idea how the space could be used.
Looking at the maps, it would need to be snuck / snaked down the side of Pirates, but yeah, that's the same thing they do at DLR (except it's down the back of New Orleans Square)...

Interesting.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
That's the one.

image.jpg

CentralFloridaRocks831

Original Poster
I just think Indy would fit in well since Star Wars is definitely coming to the Hollywood Studios. I know the Epic Stunt Spectacular is still packing in a lot of Disney visitors, but I want to see something brand new, even if it's only one Indy attraction. Star Wars land yes it's happening, and I want it to happen. And Star Wars will always be popular than the Indy franchise, I agree with that 100 percent but what I fear is that once the stunt spectacular is gone, that indy won't be coming back for quite awhile. Like maybe 2025-2030. Just think having it at the Hollywood studios would be so nice to see. After seeing the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull in 08' I definitely thought for sure that WDW was planning on thinking about a Indy Ride. And if they were to do it I would like a whole new indy ride altogether...not a clone from Disneyland or Tokyo DisneySea. I heard Tokyo's is the best. oh can't forget Disney Paris version of Indiana Jones too...but it's a roller coaster. I'm going to go with a Indiana Jones flume ride at the Studios. Their have been talks I heard that DHS could really use a water ride of some type. Raft ride wouldn't make sense since their's Kali over at AK. But a flume's a clone too since their's already Journey to Atlantis at SeaWorld Orlando and Splash Mountain at AK-my all time favorite flume ride BTW! :)

Matt_Black

I'm going to go with a Indiana Jones flume ride at the Studios. Their have been talks I heard that DHS could really use a water ride of some type. Raft ride wouldn't make sense since their's Kali over at AK. But a flume's a clone too since their's already Journey to Atlantis at SeaWorld Orlando and Splash Mountain at AK-my all time favorite flume ride BTW! :)

I wouldn't mind another raft or flume ride. After all, how many spinner rides are there throughout WDW?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom