Peeps on SSE! Soft openings!

jessfriends

WOW! This is so exciting!!!:sohappy: I can't wait to hear more about it!!! I am trying to wait patiently, but I am getting :snore: ...

TheDisneyMagic

Just wanted to be a part of this historic moment, If all the people who say they are have actually been on there today, congratulations, you guys are very lucky, and we all look forward to some trip reports :)

fillerup

I for one have always been a little skeptical (for unknown reasons) of Mousemerf.

But anyone who puts Honeybuns on a list of must have supplies is definitely cool enough.

aladdin2007

Just what I was afraid of, they ripped out everything in the descent and its 100% all on screen, according to that article link the post before posted.

mousermerf

Account Suspended
Original Poster
Just what I was afraid of, they ripped out everything in the descent and its 100% all on screen, according to that article link the post before posted.

Which does make me wonder about the facial capture, and also what exactly are trippy lights?

Are we talking like the Tomorrow's Child trippy lights or something else?

Rototom

I feel like one of the luckiest people alive!

I just got in from a day an EPCOT, did not know any of this was going on. Because my daughter was tired we were leaving early when...NO WAY, IT'S OPEN!!!

Timing info - passed SSE around 8:50-9PM on Thursday, Dec 6 – gate opened on right side (looking at SSE from front gate)

Jumped on and got to the early accent when it stopped for about 5 minutes. Was worried the ride was over.

Here's my quick assessment

I thought the ride was smoother for most of the ride, descent was rough.

There are video touch screens in both front and back. I do not know when they will normally go dark cause the ride broke down twice when I was on it.

The old "Neanderthal” screen is updated and awesome.

Up until near the top the scenes are nearly the same, except the AA's are smoother than ever. The scenes are freshly (and newly) painted. (One scene was missing, or at least some decoration opposite a scene it seems to me)

After the big printing press they have added a computer scene, updated the living room scene to the time of the first moon landing and then a new transition scene to the top of ball. More stars at top it seemed to me.

The ending is NOT finished. You answer a few questions to set up your "look" into the future.

The questions range from "what in your future are you most interested in? Work, Home, Play. etc...

After about 5 questions it sets up a video to show you possible technology futures in a "flash" animation kind of way. Think Hallmark E Cards.

The video is distracting enough that most will ignore the lighting effects as you descend.

The last section or so was completely dark and some panels were missing.

Still, it was COOL and another great update.

Finally some weird things I noticed...

The horse and carriage projection in the Rome scene is missing / gone

The paper both is facing away from the riders (maybe his face is not ready?)

There were imaginers at the end of the ride asking lots of questions.

Sorry for the ramble type of post this is. Was there 12 hrs today and I’m tired and excited.

Also I took video but I will not be able to post until next week and my camera stinks.

If better video shows up before then I will let slide…if not I will post no matter how bad.

Rototom

Which does make me wonder about the facial capture, and also what exactly are trippy lights?

Are we talking like the Tomorrow's Child trippy lights or something else?

Oh man I forgot about the picture taking...yeah that happened an then the ride crashed and I never saw why / where the pic was supposed to take place. Lots was missing.

TheDisneyMagic

I just got in from a day an EPCOT, did not know any of this was going on. Because my daughter was tired we were leaving early when...NO WAY, IT'S OPEN!!!

Timing info - passed SSE around 8:50-9PM on Thursday, Dec 6 – gate opened on right side (looking at SSE from front gate)

Jumped on and got to the early accent when it stopped for about 5 minutes. Was worried the ride was over.

Here's my quick assessment

I thought the ride was smoother for most of the ride, decent was rough.

There are video touch screens in both front and back. I do not know when they will normally go dark cause the ride broke down twice when I was on it.

The old "Neanderthal” screen is updated and awesome.

Up until near the top the scenes are nearly the same, except the AA's are smoother than ever. The scenes are freshly (and newly) painted. (One scene was missing, or at least some decoration opposite a scene it seems to me)

After the big printing press they have added a computer scene, updated the living room scene to the time of the first moon landing and then a new transition scene to the top of ball. More stars at top it seemed to me.

The ending is NOT finished. You answer a few questions to set up your "look" into the future.

The questions range from "what in your future are you most interested in? Work, Home, Play. etc...

After about 5 questions it sets up a video to show you possible technology futures in a "flash" animation kind of way. Think Hallmark E Cards.

The video is distracting enough that most will ignore the lighting effects as you descend.

The last section or so was completely dark and some panels were missing.

Still, it was COOL and another great update.

Finally some weird things I noticed...

The horse and carriage projection in the Rome scene is missing / gone

The paper both is facing away from the riders (maybe his face is not ready?)

There were imaginers at the end of the ride asking lots of questions.

Sorry for the ramble type of post this is. Was there 12 hrs today and I’m tired and excited.

Also I took video but I will not be able to post until next week and my camera stinks.

If better video shows up before then I will let slide…if not I will post no matter how bad.

Awesome thanks for the mini report :sohappy:

I guess they are still doing some work in there then, I guess the paper boy will be turned round when he is finished.

Skippy_

The decent sounds like a disappointment and I'll really miss the greek theater scene.

Other than that, sounds good!

Skippy

PS: I'm REALLY getting annoyed with this politically correct crap (covering a statues , you've got to be kidding me). Next thing you know they'll be making Chip and Dale wear pants.

Grow up Disney:mad:

haveyoumetmark

Yeah, I'm not too sure how much I like that the were covered up. It's a masterpiece and should be left unchanged, but I can see why they did it. No one needs people complaining. Our world is become more violent daily, but at the same time more sensitive. Here it's different, in Europe I loved the nude art and billboard ads. They were gorgeous. To each his own. Anyway, who cares? SSE got some love!! I can't wait to see it. It will be awesome. I'll be there Sunday. 100% :) :) :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom