Peeps on SSE! Soft openings!

Testtrack321

These preliminary reviews from the lucky few who got to see SSE sound good...but keep in mind...it is a soft opening. I'm sure there is still a little more work to be done.

I am definitely looking forward to riding SSE again and if I'm fortunate enough to hop on during a soft opening, even better! But until then, or until the official re-opening I'll have to wait and make my own judgements. :D

From what I've gathered, it seems that others have said that the ride wasn't even supposed to open today at all, so I imagine the effects are FAR from done and they still have more to add. Everyone remember the temporary posters and stuff M:S had during it's soft openings?

DisneyPants

horrible spelling

I've been a member of these boards for a little over 2 years now. I hardly ever post but read almost everyday. I simply wanted to say that Spaceship Earth is my favorite attraction at Disney and I've been extremely excited about the love it's finally getting. However, when discussing this attraction would it be too difficult for everyone to spell the word..."descent" properly? If we're all going to inquire/critique this portion of the attraction so much then it should at least should not be spelled "decent" in every single post. It's just been driving me insane reading the conversations, thanks guys!

P.S.- We should start a "Bring Back E-Rides Nights" petition ASAP.:D

WDWGuide

The decent sounds like a disappointment and I'll really miss the greek theater scene.

Other than that, sounds good!

Skippy

PS: I'm REALLY getting annoyed with this politically correct crap (covering a statues , you've got to be kidding me). Next thing you know they'll be making Chip and Dale wear pants.

Grow up Disney:mad:

Fox NewsFlash: Epcot's 's were destroying society! Disaster narrowly averted!

CaptainMichael

I'm gonna try to go from beginning to end.

You go up the ascent tunnel, there are the screens telling you what SSE is.

Voice tells you to look at the mirror to the side because they are going to take your picture.

Voice says something about Siemens and SSE and introduces us to our tour guide.

At this point, I think some effects in this tunnel are not on, there are these plastic things on the walls.

Projection of early humans hunting a mammoth. (looks like a smoke projection)

Cave painting scene seems the same.

Egyptians look very clean.

Phoenecians. "Remember how easy it was to learn your ABC's? Thank the Phoenecians"-Judi Dench

Greeks are now learning math!

Rome. This is where the new storyline is obvious. Rome's roads are symbolic of the world's first world wide web. Unfortunately, Rome burns down and all recorded information is lost...or so we think. (Burning smell is STRONG)

Luckily, the Arabs, etc had copies of their own, think of them as the first back-up disk (or something to that effect.)

Monk is still sleeping.

Gutenberg press/people learning/Sistine Chapel...ie: Renaissance.

CaptainMichael

Newspaper scene now with "Civil War Over". Paper boy is standing backwards.

Telegraph scene?

Then there's this huge Cinema marquee with a theater on the right showing the olympics and a radio station (WDI) on the left. Further ahead, telephone switchboards.

Family watching the lunar landing.

HUGE computer room...it's HUGE! I'd love to read all the labels on the reels to left.

Dench says something about wouldn't it be nice to have one in your home? Unfortunately, they are the size of a house.

Young people began to shape the future. One such person was building a personal computer in a garage. This is the previously mentioned Steve Job's AA. I don't know if he is supposed to move or not because he wasn't.

CaptainMichael

Dench says something about 30,000 years and now it's our turn to shape the future.

You are still notified that your Time Machine will be turning.

The whole descent is dedicated to the lovely touchscreens which still seem a little buggy. This is what the imagineers are intending for you to look at the entire time. The only other new thing on the descent is a very lovely fiber optic starfield that is breathtaking...should have it the whole way down. I also think there are some effects missing.

Silvermist

Thank you all so much for this great news! SSE has always been one of my favorite rides in all of WDW and definitely my favorite at EPCOT. I don't want to be negative on this happy day, but I have to say I am really disappointed to hear the ride is still rough. The ride should be smooth and silent. I can't believe they would go to all the expense and time down for a rehab of this magnitude and not fix the actual ride vehicles/track. The last time I went on it, it was so jerky and noisy it completely distracted me from the experience. IMO if they were going to fix anything, that needed to be it.

I hope the horse & chariot in the Rome scene is still there. ?? Also, I'm curious what you see now when you reach the top (before you begin descent). In time past, that was the big finish...had the wow factor. I had hopes for something really impressive there.

Mr.EPCOT

There are all kinds of cool new details, like the cave paintings on the walls move, which I didn't notice until my second ride.

JasonP

I'll be disappointed if the mini Spaceship Earth model with the fiber optics was taken out.

Wow I thought I was the only one that got a kick out of the mini SE model. As soon as I read everything was gutted during the descent I thought !!!! Mini SE Model!

WaltsApprentice

I have a feeling the missing/moved animatronics, screens, and what-not are still being worked on and will be up sometime in the next two months before it opening!

Keep in mind that the peppers ghost effect in used for sets on the decent (meaning if the lights weren't turned on, you wouldn't see anything)!

Skippy

PS: It's not that I want nudity all over Disney but in a scene that represents art and when that piece of art represents a culture and it's time, DON'T MESS WITH IT! Thats like going to an art museum and painting cloths on all the nude paintings just because children go there, its art!

Also, this politically correct crap ruined one of my favorite Marc Davis characters and gags on PotC. He was changed to a slob constantly wanting food and then to an idiot with a key and treasure map.

Politically correctness has also ruined a truly classic Disney movie that may never be release because of it (you know what I'm talking about)!

I'm just glad Disney didn't add a Civil War scene because they might have changed the outcome to a tie as to not upset anyone (they obviously think they can rewrite history for politically correct reasons)!

SERIOUSLY, GROW UP DISNEY!!!

PPS: I'm going to calm down and go to sleep now...

I agree with you... but... have you ever thought because one person complained things change... Its like when your in high school and there is that one bad kid who ruins it for everyone. Its stupid ...but theres nothing you can do about it. Well it use to be in pirates the pirates chasing the women...but I remember they reversed it the other direction a few years back before the referb. but like I said theres nothing you can do about it...:animwink: So its not Disney that needs to grow up...perhaps the world does... everyone just needs to GO with the FLOW! :)

TOTGuy

Grr!!! Why did I have to choose NYU over UCF!!! I can't believe I am missing soft openings!!! They better still be doing them when I go back to work at the end of the month...Cast Previews anyone???

Austin1

Video screens! AHH!

It seems that all WDI knows how to do anymore is gut good attractions and replace them with video screens. Some recent examples: Seas with nemo and friends, The Laugh Floor, Mission:Space, now Spaceship Earth, and Toy story mania is on it's way. What ever happened good old fashioned animatronics and show scenes?:hammer: Why can't we get some fresh new attractions that actually take some imagination to create? I'm not dissing WDI because it's probably due to budget cuts, it just makes me sad. :( However, I'm still really looking forward to riding SSE in 2 weeks (hopefully).

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom