Peeps on SSE! Soft openings!

mousermerf

Account Suspended
Original Poster
I think they say it's a different sculpture, one which doesn't show the whole package. So, it's not a bra added in or something silly.

Still, what else can folks tell us about the ending?

aladdin2007

is the city scene that use to sparkle in the ending totally gone?? couldnt they have at least kept that? It was always pretty nice I thought, so its all just black with flashing lights :veryconfu

mousermerf

Account Suspended
Original Poster
I think we'll need a good explination or video to really understand what's going on for the ending - i doubt it'd be darkness and strobe lights.

aladdin2007

oh and what about the new music score in the ride? no one has really commented on that, like what does it sound like in the ascent and descent?
ok I think we all are craving a detailed inch by inch report of this descent stuff, maybe its just me lol but I dont think so. :ROFLOL:

mousermerf

Account Suspended
Original Poster
Seriously, it's like peeps came home and went to sleep. How dare they perform functions their lives depend upon before posting about SSE? (kidding of course)

I do want details.. well.. not every detail.. just enough to ease my troubled mind.

Mr.EPCOT

Yeah, you don't really pay attention because of the touch screen. The classroom area is now a large 3-D grid of blue lights similar to a pattern you see on your screen at the beginning and end of the ride. This is followed by the same starscape area that was there before. Everything after that is some type of starfield. There definitely seemed to be some effects that weren't on.

Rototom

I think the ending will have similar lights to before, but your focus will be on the video screen showing the ending you designed.

I know for a fact (cause I saw the lighing tracks) that there will be lighting effects on the way down. What they will look like is anybody's guess.

I say after an hour or so of reflection is to be excited, it's going to be a great refurb. The shape it is in now is awsome, it will only get better.

aladdin2007

Well that makes me feel better how a couple of you just mentioned about the 3d blue grid effect and starfields throughout! I like the sound of that, I know the focus is really to be for the touch screens but still glad to hear there are star effects or something like that. just sad that the sparkling city is gone. but ill live.
ok now the soundtrack people , do tell. :D

Skippy_

I have a feeling the missing/moved animatronics, screens, and what-not are still being worked on and will be up sometime in the next two months before it opening!

Keep in mind that the peppers ghost effect in used for sets on the decent (meaning if the lights weren't turned on, you wouldn't see anything)!

Skippy

PS: It's not that I want nudity all over Disney but in a scene that represents art and when that piece of art represents a culture and it's time, DON'T MESS WITH IT! Thats like going to an art museum and painting cloths on all the nude paintings just because children go there, its art!

Also, this politically correct crap ruined one of my favorite Marc Davis characters and gags on PotC. He was changed to a slob constantly wanting food and then to an idiot with a key and treasure map.

Politically correctness has also ruined a truly classic Disney movie that may never be release because of it (you know what I'm talking about)!

I'm just glad Disney didn't add a Civil War scene because they might have changed the outcome to a tie as to not upset anyone (they obviously think they can rewrite history for politically correct reasons)!

SERIOUSLY, GROW UP DISNEY!!!

PPS: I'm going to calm down and go to sleep now...

rdour@techminds

Wow, I stood outside with those guys up til 7:00 PM. What time did you guys actually get on? I'm going to be really upset if it was within 5 minutes of me walking away. I left with Paul and Patrick from WTTM because I was stretching my ADR at Ohanna really too far. They were nice and let me stretch it though.

Wow, I don't want to try that again, I'll have to leave it up to you local FL residents. I killed two hours of my vacation for it. But, I thought it was a gamble from the beginning anyway.

Mr.EPCOT

The Rome burning smell is still there. The printing press and newsboy scenes have newspapers that say CIVIL WAR OVER.

Pseybert

I'm worried after reading this from the themeparkave.com review:

"- Everything from the entire decent of the ride is now stripped out and gone. In place are a bunch of trippy lights. Your attention is turned to the video screens where you see a video that's based on your answers. I looked around and everyone around us had a different video."

I'm already beginning to miss the old attraction, and I haven't been on the new one yet. Someone comfort me and tell me it's ok. :(

PigletIsMyCat

First of alll, who wants to pick me up in Davenport tomorrow and sit outside SSE for a few hours?

Secondly, totally psyched about the refurb and new info - really curious about the descent. Sounds.... weird.

Thirdly, they messed with the statue?!?! I'm running over to Louvre and painting Harry Potter glasses on the Mona Lisa. You don't mess with art. Did they add ET to the Sistine Chapel scene?

diddy_mouse

These preliminary reviews from the lucky few who got to see SSE sound good...but keep in mind...it is a soft opening. I'm sure there is still a little more work to be done.

I am definitely looking forward to riding SSE again and if I'm fortunate enough to hop on during a soft opening, even better! But until then, or until the official re-opening I'll have to wait and make my own judgements. :D

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom