New EPCOT Monorail Narrator

COProgressFan

Ehh... I kinda see your point, but at the same time I felt like the previous narration was trying too hard to sell "DisneyParks magic". I didn't have a problem with the old narration either, but I like this one better.

The guy pre-2005 was really good. Then in 2005 they changed to the narrator who always seemed to be shouting at you. I agree he was trying to "sell" the magic a little too hard. It was kind of obnoxious.

This new one is a little bland, but I kinda like it a bit more understated.

Wesleyjohn

I think I'm going to quit reading forums here, too many negative nelly's and people that wish things would never or rarely change. Gee wiz people get a grip. It's a voice! It sounds fine.

I've been 3 times to WDW now and will be again in 2013. I guess when I'm there, I'm not thinking about what's exactly the way I want it. I'm thinking I'M IN FREAKING DISNEY WORLD and I want to enjoy the fun. Whatevs, to each his own I guess

aladdin2007

No one is outright griping or complaining, just discussing pros and cons, present and past. Many of us grew up in the parks and not just been 3 times. Sorry but WDW has a grand history that many here love.

zulemara

In the Parks
Yes
I think it's one extreme to the other. I definitely couldn't stand the six flags type false enthusiasm narrator which did not only monorail, but also the Illuminations pre-show I believe. It was too much.

This is the other side, less emotion, but honestly far less annoying. I consider it a step in the right direction. All we need is a little more...fluctuation in his voice and it would be perfect.

And yes, please stand clear must never be taken away!

edit: I wonder what the wedding pavilion narration is like now. I always loved reciting that.

Disneydreamer23

the new voice is ok but i do like the old voice better i liked the first time getting on a monorail and hearing that voice this one... i will. have to get used to.

MissMorrow

Sounds fine to me. I prefer this over an "are you having fun yet?!" tone. IMO, the perfect amount of inflection was whoever narrated the MK portion of the old resort tv loop.

HM GhostHostess

I kind of like it. It will take some getting used to, but I think its fine. As long as they keep the previous "Please stand clear of the doors" voice, I'm happy.

ShookieJones

We need time for things to happen.
Premium Member
Wow...that is a noticable difference.
I just fell asleep listening to that. :snore:
I'm sorry the guy has no enthusiasm at all.

I like the old voice MUCH better.

the-reason14

I actually like it. It sounds kinda old school though, like something out of 1985. But I remember the voice that was used in 2002 ish, I liked that one best and it took awhile to get used to the one that came after. To me this one reminds me more of that one, so it's all good imo.

steve2wdw

WDW Fan Since 1973
After hearing bit's and pieces of the new voice, I'm on the "like" side of the fence. The last voice was a bit intrusive to me and I always noticed that the noise level in a full monorail car would escalate dramatically whenever the voice-over came on. This is a bit more subdued (and I like that). (Actually I would prefer no narrative on the monorail except for station stop announcements.)

I also like the current PeopleMover/TTA narrator, so you can see where my preferences are. (I understand those on the other side of the fence too, I just prefer this new version, on both the TTA and Monorail).

DougK

From what I have heard here I like it but I will check it out in person beginning next Saturday. Ok I just wanted to say that because I am excited to be going to WDW again. 7 days til POR and BLT!

c-one

Sounds fine to me. Better to be bland than to be OVERENTHUSIASTIC!!! and CHEESY!!! Old voice was annoying.

I liked the guy who did it in the 90s and early 2000s, personally. And Jack Wagner was the best, obviously, but he's dead now.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom