Expedition Everest effects status watch

Ralphlaw

Rode EE on December 27th. Yeti is stationed in a pretty good place, with teeth showing and arm outstretched. I truly believe that a complete months long overhaul is in store once Avatarland and the nighttime shows start up.

EagleScout610

It's a joke ... I do that.
Premium Member
Rode EE on December 27th. Yeti is stationed in a pretty good place, with teeth showing and arm outstretched. I truly believe that a complete months long overhaul is in store once Avatarland and the nighttime shows start up.
His arm is always over the track. Was his strobe strong, where all of him is seen, or was it weak, where only 1 sec of him is seen?

NearTheEars

We rode several times on Saturday including twice after dark. Noticed for the first time that as you come up the lift hill where the yeti mural is, there is a row of candles. Only one was lit and flickering. Is that normal, or are all out but the last one?

EagleScout610

Premium Member
We rode several times on Saturday including twice after dark. Noticed for the first time that as you come up the lift hill where the yeti mural is, there is a row of candles. Only one was lit and flickering. Is that normal, or are all out but the last one?
I've never really looked at the candles, I always look at the view. I do know however,that the yeti's eyes used to glow

Sage of Time

Agreed. I would also hope for some plussing to E:E. It's my favorite ride in DAK, but some scenes ARE lacking a few things.

Tom Morrow

All are out but the last one. :(

Chef Mickey

Forgive a new poster for asking a question that's undoubtedly in a FAQ somewhere, but what's the deal with the Yeti being in A or B mode? I've never ridden Everest (will do so in November) but I've got the basic idea of what the ride is like.
Sorry, but LOL.

Edit: A mode, fully functioning. B Mode, dumbed down version of A mode. Disco Mode: Very expensive stuffed animal with a light flashing.

KaneMarko

Since Rhode is working on the Avatar Land expansion, I hope he and his team learns from the mistakes made with EE so they aren't repeated with AL. It's still a shame this has been an issue for the better part of a decade now.

Sage of Time

Since Rhode is working on the Avatar Land expansion, I hope he and his team learns from the mistakes made with EE so they aren't repeated with AL. It's still a shame this has been an issue for the better part of a decade now.
I don't think it' quite fair to pin the blame on Rhode... unless he engineered the Yeti, too. I think he's more of an aesthetics/culture/story WDI guy than anything.

EagleScout610

Premium Member
Highly doubtful that Joe Rhode engineered it. Input into the process? Yes. Final sign off? most likely yes. There were probably a team of specialized engineers working on their specific areas.
Well, I'm not saying Rhode built the yeti 100% alone, I'm just saying he did a lot of work on the yeti

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom