Expedition Everest effects status watch

Victor Kelly

Pretty sure the yeti actually WAS fully or partially removed at least once, and the ride remained operational. I know there were one or two instances where the yeti's spot was covered with tarps and darkness.

The answer is NOT "we don't want to shut the ride down because it'll hurt the park." The answer absolutely IS "we don't want to spend the money to fix it because its still extremely popular and a huge draw anyway."

I hate to say it but you are right.

Chef Mickey

Pretty sure the yeti actually WAS fully or partially removed at least once, and the ride remained operational. I know there were one or two instances where the yeti's spot was covered with tarps and darkness.

The answer is NOT "we don't want to shut the ride down because it'll hurt the park." The answer absolutely IS "we don't want to spend the money to fix it because its still extremely popular and a huge draw anyway."
Exactly. It's always down to the money. I've said that before....fixing the Yeti and taking the ride down don't necessarily go together. My thought has always been, with enough money, they can keep the ride operation AND fix the Yeti.

Disney simply won't spend the money because it's "good enough" as is.

Would it be easier to fix the Yeti with the ride not operational? Probably.

Is it possible to fix the Yeti AND keep the ride operational? Probably.

Does Disney want to spend the money to do either? Absolutely not.

George

Liker of Things
Premium Member
As Animal Planet's fine documentary show, "Finding Bigfoot" has shown us, Yeti are plentiful and cover the entirety of the planet. There is probably one right behind you at this moment, but the "world's champion of hide and seek" won't be seen. Regardless, I think Disney needs to capture a real bigfoot (the Florida variety is the skunk ape) using one of the many bigfoot experts out there and chain it in place. Sure, the deer carcass feeding regime will be pricey, but this type of realism is what Disney is known for.

Cesar R M

As Animal Planet's fine documentary show, "Finding Bigfoot" has shown us, Yeti are plentiful and cover the entirety of the planet. There is probably one right behind you at this moment, but the "world's champion of hide and seek" won't be seen. Regardless, I think Disney needs to capture a real bigfoot (the Florida variety is the skunk ape) using one of the many bigfoot experts out there and chain it in place. Sure, the deer carcass feeding regime will be pricey, but this type of realism is what Disney is known for.
nah man, it was aliens..
cant say it was aliens.. but it was aliens!

MonorailLover

nah man, it was aliens..
cant say it was aliens.. but it was aliens!

Cesar, Aliens:
image.jpg

Or aliens:
image.jpg

Sorry, had to add some disney property to make sure it was relavent.....

erasure fan1

IF that happens, and I doubt it, it wouldn't be immediate.
Crowds drawn to Animal Kingdom for the Avatar expansion would be heavy, and Everest would be kept online for at least 2 years to alleviate the strain.
Exactly, maybe when star wars land opens and that pulls people away from animal kingdom then there is a chance. The smartest thing to do would be take your lumps now, so when Avatar does open, the park is that much better. But as long as Disney is celebrating the decade of good enough, there isn't a lot of hope.

Ewizaboof

Rode this yesterday, it almost looks as if the yeti is leaned perilously forward from where it was before. I'm not sure if this was intentional, or if he is breaking further. Either way he looks much MUCH closer to the track than before, and as if he is at a very odd angle. His strobes are also timed poorly? He had much brighter, faster flashing strobes last time I went on, this time they only flashed maybe three times?

The bird was not working for me.

EagleScout610

Always causin' some kind of commotion downstream
Premium Member
Rode this yesterday, it almost looks as if the yeti is leaned perilously forward from where it was before. I'm not sure if this was intentional, or if he is breaking further. Either way he looks much MUCH closer to the track than before, and as if he is at a very odd angle.
Breaking further?:confused::eek:

Ewizaboof

That would be awful and I seriously hope not but he was definitely leaned down much MUCH closer than any videos I've watched today, and when I last rode it in september.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom