Expedition Everest effects status watch

ParksAndPixels

In the Parks
Yes
Cool. I figured as much I know I would hate to have that much time and of course money invested in something that is sitting idle when it makes such a HUGE impact when properly working

Tom Morrow

Perhaps the more people talk about, then perhaps something may be done. Not trying to be rude or anything.
It's even been featured in the article in the Orlando Sentinel. As long as the ride draws a crowd, and as long as DAK lacks enough attractions to fill a day, the yeti will not be fixed.

Cesar R M

It's even been featured in the article in the Orlando Sentinel. As long as the ride draws a crowd, and as long as DAK lacks enough attractions to fill a day, the yeti will not be fixed.
The most reasonable excuse would be.. fixing the Yeti right when the Rivers of Light and Avatar Land opens.

DisneyMusician2

Until they get another true thrill ride draw, they can't afford to let Everest go down for a lengthy refurbishment for anything other than a safety related issue. It would be attendance suicide for the whole park.

Chef Mickey

Until they get another true thrill ride draw, they can't afford to let Everest go down for a lengthy refurbishment for anything other than a safety related issue. It would be attendance suicide for the whole park.
While that may be true, I don't believe they can't keep the ride operational and work on fixing the yeti. I know he's his own structure and the ride was practically built around him, but there are solutions to every problem if the will and finances are present.

The main reason it's not being fixed is the cost and that "the ride still works" mentality. It just doesn't matter that much to management because 98% of people don't even know the difference.

Bairstow

I'm betting that once Avatar opens up, we'll see the Yeti fixed.

IF that happens, and I doubt it, it wouldn't be immediate.
Crowds drawn to Animal Kingdom for the Avatar expansion would be heavy, and Everest would be kept online for at least 2 years to alleviate the strain.

Cesar R M

So what are you eluding to?;)
That TWDC only needs to make a "surgery" fix on the Yeti?
zVwu29a.jpg

Tom Morrow

Pretty sure the yeti actually WAS fully or partially removed at least once, and the ride remained operational. I know there were one or two instances where the yeti's spot was covered with tarps and darkness.

The answer is NOT "we don't want to shut the ride down because it'll hurt the park." The answer absolutely IS "we don't want to spend the money to fix it because its still extremely popular and a huge draw anyway."

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom