Expedition Everest effects status watch

Musicman20

Post that may seem daft. Been to WDW twice since EE opened. Also been when it was being constructed and it looked VERY high.

Only went on EE this most recent trip. Wasn't sure about the backwards part or how far it dropped etc. I like coasters but my level of fun ends when it gets extreme.

It obviously isn't extreme, now I've ridden it 6 or so times! I still think EE is a brilliant stand out smooth fun experience. The backwards section is NOT over the top yet you feel that force for a few moments. Despite being high, you don't drop that far in one go.

The Yeti was in disco mode. It looked stunning for what I caught of it....but I can imagine it moving would be another story. The theming and ride are brilliant.

I want the fog to come back, something else at the end of the track (there wasn't even a bird on a stick) and for it to be made more spooky when they refurb the Yeti.

Ace ride.

Musicman20

A lot of people find this section too much. Different strokes for different folks.

Sorry, maybe I should clarify. After reading about the experience, more so the past year or so, I thought it would be up there with a really extreme experience. For me, and I am not that brave with full on rollercoasters, it was fairly tame but felt 'odd'....it does feel like you are about to/do go upside down, but we know you don't. Cool trick. The only part of the ride where my stomach had the drop sensation was the main drop. The main drop is over very quickly compared to some rides and I found it fun instead of intense.

EagleScout610

Always causin' some kind of commotion downstream
Premium Member
Sorry, maybe I should clarify. After reading about the experience, more so the past year or so, I thought it would be up there with a really extreme experience. For me, and I am not that brave with full on rollercoasters, it was fairly tame but felt 'odd'....it does feel like you are about to/do go upside down, but we know you don't. Cool trick. The only part of the ride where my stomach had the drop sensation was the main drop. The main drop is over very quickly compared to some rides and I found it fun instead of intense.
I compare Everest' s drop with Splash Mountains. I think both have their own feeling. Everest seems shorter to me just because you keep going upward (That curve up is the only time Everest messes with my stomach). Splash's seems longer because the race under the briar patch adds to jt

Doug Means

I compare Everest' s drop with Splash Mountains. I think both have their own feeling. Everest seems shorter to me just because you keep going upward (That curve up is the only time Everest messes with my stomach). Splash's seems longer because the race under the briar patch adds to jt
that all being said, when do you think the yeti will be fixed?

BrianLo

I'm not sure why people are so obsessed with the Yeti being fixed. I rode it countless times both ways and I honestly don't feel it makes the ride better or worse.

Without a complete tangent, it is 100% the principal of the matter.

The top-billed effect, of the last true E-ticket in WDW, where they charge you >100$ to enter the door, has been broken for over 10 years!

It doesn't matter whether people notice or not, but it's kind of disgusting TDO is ok with it. Their fix is a strobe light.

Until that culture changes, nothing is to stop them from doing the same thing to this show if a major feature breaks. They'll just pull it and hope everyone thinks it is still good enough.

Matt_Black

The top-billed effect, of the last true E-ticket in WDW, where they charge you >100$ to enter the door, has been broken for over 10 years!

It doesn't matter whether people notice or not, but it's kind of disgusting TDO is ok with it. Their fix is a strobe light.

Until that culture changes, nothing is to stop them from doing the same thing to this show if a major feature breaks. They'll just pull it and hope everyone thinks it is still good enough.

Ah, yes, the old "They charge you $100 to enter" spiel. They don't. Well, technically they CAN, but anyone who pays the full single day price for Animal Kingdom was going to be parted with their money anyway, to borrow from an old saw.

AEfx

It makes no difference to me either....but that's because I usually have my eyes shut while screaming bloody murder like a fool LOL :hilarious: Still love Everest though, great fun

I've said that since the beginning. That's why it's gone on so long. It is going too fast at that point to appreciate, with wind blowing in your face and most folks squinting somewhat.

My understanding is that originally there was to be a Yeti in the center of the mountain in that big empty space but they did this so as not to be too similar to the original Kong. Joke was on them as Kong was long closed by the time they finished Everest.

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR

This is so not new for Disney. Remember Figment at her best? Broke the turntable and look what we got, reworked and still not nearly as great as the original pre ooops.

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
I've said that since the beginning. That's why it's gone on so long. It is going too fast at that point to appreciate, with wind blowing in your face and most folks squinting somewhat.

My understanding is that originally there was to be a Yeti in the center of the mountain in that big empty space but they did this so as not to be too similar to the original Kong. Joke was on them as Kong was long closed by the time they finished Everest.

Yet in the interim a new Kong has been built and the yeti is still broken...

GlassHalfFull

My mother in law had to ride the ride 3 times to finally see the yeti... she had her eyes open but apparently never saw it until my wife sat next to her and turned her head toward it.. No idea what she was looking at previously..

Otterhead

when do you think the yeti will be fixed?
I'm guessing the Yeti will have to wait until Pandora opens and they have two new E-tickets to draw crowds away from Everest for it to shut down for awhile. The Yeti fix is supposedly a huge piece of work. That said, when I went with friends last week who'd never been on it before, they thought it looked great as-is and screamed when the 'disco Yeti' appeared.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom