Expedition Everest effects status watch

CaptainAmerica

Without a complete tangent, it is 100% the principal of the matter.

The top-billed effect, of the last true E-ticket in WDW, where they charge you >100$ to enter the door, has been broken for over 10 years!

It doesn't matter whether people notice or not, but it's kind of disgusting TDO is ok with it. Their fix is a strobe light.

Until that culture changes, nothing is to stop them from doing the same thing to this show if a major feature breaks. They'll just pull it and hope everyone thinks it is still good enough.
If we weren't internet fanboiis, we'd have no idea that the yeti AA is supposed to move and now doesn't. Without having that knowledge beforehand, the strobe effect that everyone likes to mock is pretty darn effective.

BrianLo

If we weren't internet fanboiis, we'd have no idea that the yeti AA is supposed to move and now doesn't. Without having that knowledge beforehand, the strobe effect that everyone likes to mock is pretty darn effective.

A multi million dollar signature effect is broken and they haven't fixed it in a decade. The designers desperately want to fix it, management won't for various reasons, none of which are customer focused.

That's all there is to it.

21stamps

A multi million dollar signature effect is broken and they haven't fixed it in a decade. The designers desperately want to fix it, management won't for various reasons, none of which are customer focused.

If that effect is a multi million dollar one- then I say let it go!! Use the money elsewhere, to me that is being customer focused.

Sorry @prfctlyximprct back to RoL!

CaptainAmerica

The designers don't get to do whatever they want whenever they want, that's just how the world works. Walt wanted to make Jungle Cruise with live animals and wasn't able to make it work. That doesn't mean Jungle Cruise is a failure, it just means they couldn't get the execution to match the idea.

Bocabear

Has nothing to do with Fanbois... it is in ALL of their marketing...for years... If we were not Fanbois would we notice trash on the sidewalk, burnt out lightbulbs and ever rising prices? Yes I think so...
That is a ridiculous remark... The broken animatronic is noticed by EVERYONE...

In the time it has been broken, they could have digitally mapped the entire cave setting and animated an avalanche or something else to look at... instead of a suber lame strobe light.

Ripken10

Has nothing to do with Fanbois... it is in ALL of their marketing...for years... If we were not Fanbois would we notice trash on the sidewalk, burnt out lightbulbs and ever rising prices? Yes I think so...
That is a ridiculous remark... The broken animatronic is noticed by EVERYONE...

In the time it has been broken, they could have digitally mapped the entire cave setting and animated an avalanche or something else to look at... instead of a suber lame strobe light.
Very few people notice it being broken. Everybody on here does, and mostly because a group of you bring it up all the time ON THREADS THAT HAVE NOTHING TO DO WITH IT. Move on, let it go. Rivers of Light NOT the Yeti.

danyoung56

So marni, I know you've given this same speech many times over the past months and years. But I'd be most interested in some detail concerning the yeti. You say he can be fixed without shutting down the ride. How so? Do you know what's really wrong with him, and how extensive is the fix?

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
So marni, I know you've given this same speech many times over the past months and years. But I'd be most interested in some detail concerning the yeti. You say he can be fixed without shutting down the ride. How so? Do you know what's really wrong with him, and how extensive is the fix?
It is figure related, not foundation. The figure has been removed overnight at least twice in recent years and been reinstalled. I can't say more.

RSoxNo1

Oddly, I overheard several people exiting the ride on Sunday saying...isn't the Yeti supposed to move?
then a little girl yelled...Yeti is broken!
I don't think they were fanbois...
People notice...
People absolutely notice, it's just not always consciously. If something is a break from the theme (either a poor choice, exposed show building, broken figure) people are less satisfied. They may not necessarily know why but things don't "feel right". Disney tells stories and not just the linear ones of something going horrible wrong as the plot of an attraction. The pieces of the park, the pieces of a land, the pieces of an attraction need to all fit together. When they don't it's a break from that story.

CanadianGordon

When all you hear about is a really expensive figure not working, you go out of your way to look for it. It's like the hidden mickeys. Soon after awhile it's all people can talk about. Not fixing the figure just makes Disney look cheap.

EagleScout610

Always causin' some kind of commotion downstream
Premium Member
Oddly, I overheard several people exiting the ride on Sunday saying...isn't the Yeti supposed to move?
then a little girl yelled...Yeti is broken!
I don't think they were fanbois...
People notice...
On my latest trip I yelled "Why don't you work?"at him as we went through his cave. I also heard someone yell "Hi Disco Yeti!"

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom