Expedition Everest effects status watch

Avatar...sigh....snoozers...anyone know what will be in there..

Well since they haven't agreed to give WDW Paint the Night Parade and Rivers of Light keeps getting delayed, we all might as well funnel into the day-glow world of Pandora at night, lol j/k.

The Avatar version of the Frozen boat ride and a ride like Soarin with the Pandora flying "banshees". And of course, the tall Smurfs :D

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
According to someone I know who works at AK (*NOT* a bus driver or a low/entry level CM), the Yeti won't get fixed until after Avatar-land opens. AK is already close to DHS-level as far as being a half-day park goes - Take Everest down and what are you left with for rides? Kilimanjaro Safari, Kali River Rapids (weather permitting), Dinosaur, and Primeval Whirl. To me, this just again exposes the biggest problem at WDW - The lack of rides.

Just a side note: At DL, the Matterhorn's Yeti has been working for 50+ years...

KLeigh

Just rode EE about 10 minutes ago and the Yeti was not lit at all, not even the strobe effect. Anyone know what's going on?

Tom Morrow

According to someone I know who works at AK (*NOT* a bus driver or a low/entry level CM), the Yeti won't get fixed until after Avatar-land opens. AK is already close to DHS-level as far as being a half-day park goes - Take Everest down and what are you left with for rides? Kilimanjaro Safari, Kali River Rapids (weather permitting), Dinosaur, and Primeval Whirl. To me, this just again exposes the biggest problem at WDW - The lack of rides.

Dinosaur is currently closed for a relatively extensive refurbishment. Explain that if they can't afford to close a major attraction at DAK?

It has nothing to do with Avatar and this is just something who people who want to sound informed say.

(if it ever gets fixed it will still most likely be after Avatar though so all these people will be able to go "See? Told you so!")

Last edited:

Bairstow

Dinosaur is currently closed for a relatively extensive refurbishment. Explain that if they can't afford to close a major attraction at DAK?

It has nothing to do with Avatar and this is just something who people who want to sound informed say.

(if it ever gets fixed it will still most likely be after Avatar though so all these people will be able to go "See? Told you so!")

You're making it sound like people are being annoying know-it-alls when really all most of us can do is make semi-educated guesses.
The theory that they were going to wait until after Avatar (or the Australia expansion, or whatever the next big build after Asia would be) was a logical one, and the timing of the CTX refurb surprised me too. I wonder if closing down the dino ride wasn't a matter of improving show, but that compounding technical issues with the ride itself isn't forcing their hands- track sensors needing massive replacement/reprogramming, multiple ride vehicles in need of rebuild, whatever- that it just wasn't feasible from an ops point of view to squeeze another 1-2 years out of the hardware without overhauling it.

A year ago, I certainly wouldn't have put money on Dinosaur OR Everest going down for refurbs until Pandora was completed, again because there's so very little to do in that park.

Seabasealpha1

Just a side note: At DL, the Matterhorn's Yeti has been working for 50+ years...

So...all the stuff that was open on opening day back in '98? That they made do with?

Last edited:

networkpro

In the Parks
Yes
Well since they haven't agreed to give WDW Paint the Night Parade and Rivers of Light keeps getting delayed, we all might as well funnel into the day-glow world of Pandora at night, lol j/k.

The Avatar version of the Frozen boat ride and a ride like Soarin with the Pandora flying "banshees". And of course, the tall Smurfs :D

Not Smurfs, Blue Space Hippies.

Bairstow

So...all the stuff that was open on opening day back in '98? That they made do with?

Less than that, even.
Animal Kingdom opened without Kali or any of the Dino-Rama rides.
They did have the river cruise, though.

It was a half day park then too, especially since there was a lot less shade and everyone got hot and cranky by early afternoon.

roj2323

Still disco yeti today but the wait time was only 5 minutes so I rode it twice. Front and last row. The entire park was pretty dead which was a really nice experience.

Professortango1

Was there a few weeks ago. No steam, no bird, and of course, no decent finale. Didn't notice the waterfalls either way. Maybe they can actually turn Kali into a full attraction after they fix Everest.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom