Expedition Everest effects status watch

Professortango1

The yeti in Expedition Everest was built to dazzle riders and was insanely expensive. Yes matterhorn has a simpler yeti however Expedition Everest's entire gimmick was going through a beautiful mountain encountering a scary massive beast. Matterhorn's gimmick was riding through a mountain with the 2 tracks.

Unfortunately the yeti in Expedition Everest doesn't dazzle whereas the the 3 new yetis in the Matterhorn are quite nice and impressive. Expedition has the fancy track. Matterhorn has working effects.

Last edited:

NormC

You know, I'm really curious to see what would happen if they turned on the yeti. I wanna know how it would malfunction because I'm evil.
I believe the concern is that it will fall over onto the track because its super structure is damaged and can no longer take the power of the thrust used to lurch over you.

EagleScout610

Always causin' some kind of commotion downstream
Premium Member
I believe the concern is that it will fall over onto the track because its super structure is damaged and can no longer take the power of the thrust used to lurch over you.
I read somewhere on this thread that the yeti can move without failure, but we're all just paranoid

EagleScout610

Premium Member
Yes, he can move but supposedly what he is mounted to is broken and can no longer handle the thrust.
What I meant is that the damage to his foundation is minimal and that they're just being cautious by turning him off

NormC

Yes, because as you can imagine he has to thrust at every train that goes by so even the minimal damage now will become serious damage in short order.

Nmoody1

At least the yeti gets a strobe light... Sadly the Q'roc in Roaring Rapids at Shanghai doesn't even get lit up! It too doesn't really do as it was meant to!

Nmoody1

Q'roc is massive... I have rode that ride 3times on different days and first time he wasnt moving, other times he has been invisible due to low light and fog effects

EagleScout610

Premium Member
What the frell is going on with Walt Disney Imagineering??? Frozen Ever After breaks down all the time, the yeti in Everest is still a zombie, and now there's an AA in Iger's precious Shanghai that's gone 101? This is pathetic!
Shanghai and Frozen are new and are having "growing pains" . Yeti is 10 years of headache and is dead.

RobotWolf

From what I understand, the gator bot is one of those things that look great under the right conditions. Other than daylight, I think the vehicles are too close for the show system's liking. In other words, I think that scene's problem is that it doesn't get enough time to reset.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but the animatronic itself is no way damaged or disabled. I think it's a very different issue than the Yeti. The only thing the two have in common is their (apparent) size. (Though I'd love to see specifics, lol.)

Croc doesn't do much compared to the Yeti, movement-wise; seems somewhat effective. I'd say they have learned some lessons from Mr. Disco.

Castle Cake Apologist

What the frell is going on with Walt Disney Imagineering??? Frozen Ever After breaks down all the time, the yeti in Everest is still a zombie, and now there's an AA in Iger's precious Shanghai that's gone 101? This is pathetic!

I don't think Frozen is still breaking down all the time, is it? I haven't honestly heard anything either way, I just assumed that no news was good news.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom