2014 Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party dates and tickets now on sale

NMBC1993

Hmm..Well I have to say this is probably a new low for these "premiere events". At least with the previous ones were held after hours and did not require theme park admission. Paying $100 on top of MNSSHP admission? Eh idk, but I'm sure some of those upper-class visiting guests will be willing to shell the extra money out.

BigThunderMatt

These cash grabs are getting really old really fast. It'd be one thing if it was every once in a while. But literally EVERY SINGLE MONTH something new comes out. If Disney is trying to be subtle about the fact that they're taking every possible avenue to gain short-term revenue to make up for the huge money pit that is MM+ they're failing miserably. They're essentially saying it fell far short of their projected revenue goals without actually saying it.

Capsin4

$100 for a villian character "meal" that only serves dessert and a couple perks that probably amount to a useless parade fastpass is beyond sense especially on top of the $60 admission. Only $600 for a family of 4. If they're staying at pop for 4+ days already, they could add about 3 more days to their stay including room, tickets and food. :confused:

asianway

$100 for a villian character "meal" that only serves dessert and a couple perks that probably amount to a useless parade fastpass is beyond sense especially on top of the $60 admission. Only $600 for a family of 4. If they're staying at pop for 4+ days already, they could add about 3 more days to their stay including room, tickets and food. :confused:
No booze either. Cheaper dessert offerings are AYCD

Polydweller

Another cash grab.
No it isn't. If you don't want to do this don't do it and then don't pay. An optional addon to a product is not a cash grab because it's optional.
But it will mean one less Mix n Mingle performance for the regular guests, as those characters will be engaged inside the castle for this private dessert party.

This crap is bad, and it's becoming laughable. A $99 sub-event of a $70 event? TDO could demolish Wonders of Life with cajones that big and brassy.
But the people who paid started off as regular guests they just chose to pay extra for an extra, optional feature. If those characters are essential to your party experience then pay. Any regular guest can have the optional too if they choose. It's all the individual's choice.

Your last paragraph shows that you aren't someone to whom this appeals. I'm like you in that regard so I won't pay and will have a great time.

GiveMeTheMusic

No it isn't. If you don't want to do this don't do it and then don't pay. An optional addon to a product is not a cash grab because it's optional.

But the people who paid started off as regular guests they just chose to pay extra for an extra, optional feature. If those characters are essential to your party experience then pay. Any regular guest can have the optional too if they choose. It's all the individual's choice.

Your last paragraph shows that you aren't someone to whom this appeals. I'm like you in that regard so I won't pay and will have a great time.

The difference here is that guests who are already paying a premium are losing a show performance to this "event."

It doesn't appeal to me, but I usually hit the last performance of this show, which I now cannot do because TDO can't figure out how to run their business profitably.

Walt Disney World, where you pay more for less!

Matt_Black

The difference here is that guests who are already paying a premium are losing a show performance to this "event."

It doesn't appeal to me, but I usually hit the last performance of this show, which I now cannot do because TDO can't figure out how to run their business profitably.

If it doesn't make money, they won't do it again. So, if everyone agrees with you and winds up not going to this, then there's no problem, is there?

DisneyDaver

I don't think it is such a big deal. I wouldn't pay for this, but it sounds like a cool add-on for those who think it is worth the price. This type of "event" will likely have an extremely limited capacity so if it were included in the MNSSHP ticket, there would be too much demand. The $100 add-on will limit the demand and those who most value the opportunity to have dessert in the castle with Villains will be the ones to enjoy it.

For better or worse, WDW is (and frankly always has been) in the business of making profit. If people don't like the way they are doing things and stop going to WDW, then WDW will change.

Matt_Black

Another benefit- people who are willing to pay $100 for desserts are often the people who feel entitled to things like getting the best spot for the parade or fireworks. This will keep them occupied for a bit while the sensible, polite people enjoy themselves for a bit.

SoccerMickey

I don't think anyone on these boards needs convincing that the upcharge to the upcharge is ridiculous but it's clear that Walt Disney World is not the same place it was ten years ago. It's more crowded, there are more return guests with the onslaught of DVC resorts coming online, and with package deals like free dining it's also bringing a guest that never thought they'd make it to Florida. When Walt Disney World announced the Four Seasons back in '07 they weren't facing the capacity issues they are today. Now I'm sure they are anticipating a guest more demanding than the biggest DVC member, pin trader, or

Let's not forget their taking away parade viewing location to accommodate these $99 people. I think we've all been to a sold out Halloween or Christmas event where finding a spot for the parade was challenging. Let's face it there's only so much of the event that is exclusive it's safe to say everyone there wants to see the parade. And now they are limiting the spots, so this is great for the people who want to pay the upcharge to the upcharge but it's still taking things away for the rest of the people.

Kman101

Are they serious with that new premium offering? Doesn't matter if it's not for someone or whether they would buy it or not, the fact is folks, this IS a cash grab and it will I'm sure sell out. But what part of "they are TAKING AWAY from regular paying guests" is it that people aren't grasping? They are removing performances so you can now PAY A DAY'S ADMISSION to see them and have some desserts. It's not a bad idea, but for $99, it is.

I try to be fair with my criticism but again, this screams cash grab. It's not a 'bash Disney' but it's calling them out on the way they run their business. That being said, if I were them, I totally see why they keep doing this and can't fault them. Doesn't mean I have to like it.

Nemo14

The timing on this is a bit suspicious in my mind too. Party tickets have been available now for roughly 4 months, so maybe they figure the initial sting of a family shelling out an extra 3 hundred or so for the family to go to it has passed, so now that's dangle some more bait and see if they'll bite again. It really shows how desperate Iger has become to cover up what a poor job he has done in the past and keep his Wall Street people happy.

xdan0920

Think for yourselfer
For meeting the Villains, the mix and mingle was terrible. They'd be there for 5-10 minutes and then leave to get ready for the next show. Having them meet elsewhere for the entire party is much better for everyone.

The only real loss is losing characters like Flynn Rider and Prince Phillip to accomodate more villains, but if that's what guests want for a Halloween party then I don't think it's too much of a loss.

Everyone who pays the extra dinero.

It started to happen a few years ago.

Hallowishes had huge sections cut

Park atmosphere was cut

Mix n Mingle was shortened

For starters.

And the price still goes up each year.
Indeed.

And the Christmas party is falling apart even faster.

I'm holding out for the upcharge event within this upcharge event, within the Halloween Party.

Maybe you pay 29.99 to gain access to special, special event within the special event merch?

Animaniac93-98

Another benefit- people who are willing to pay $100 for desserts are often the people who feel entitled to things like getting the best spot for the parade or fireworks. This will keep them occupied for a bit while the sensible, polite people enjoy themselves for a bit.

Polite or not, if I'm shelling out $100 I better be getting the best viewing spot. Otherwise, why bother hyping it?

Swfewrmco

Because people who pay for extra things are often naturally rude and lack common sense?

HatboxGhost

Now wait a minute. I am one of the most humble guys you will meet and I am no where near loaded with cash and despise the "entitled" group. As a matter of fact, my wife and I have to put a few dollars a week into a Disney fund just to be able to go on vacation so when we do go we want to do it right. Now don't get me wrong, I cried BS when I saw the $99.00 add on price tag however my wife and I took a little time to think about it and finally decided to say the hell with it since we only go once a year. IF it turns out to be a blast we might do it again......if not then at least we said we did it. Not having children helps on the wallet in this case too.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom