2014 Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party dates and tickets now on sale

Nemo14

Looks like Mix and Mingle is GONE. Go to the MNSSHP site... https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/events-tours/magic-kingdom/mickeys-not-so-scary-halloween-party/
...notice under Eerie Entertainment it now says "Villains Castle Show"
Use the internet archive and look what it said back on July 28th...less than a month ago.
https://web.archive.org/web/2014072...kingdom/mickeys-not-so-scary-halloween-party/
...under Eerie Entertainment it said "Disney Villains Dance Mix and Mingle!"

Looks like they're already taking things away from those who simply pay more for a hard ticket event.
Interesting find!!

Last edited:

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
Looks like Mix and Mingle is GONE. Go to the MNSSHP site... https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/events-tours/magic-kingdom/mickeys-not-so-scary-halloween-party/
Use the internet archive and look what it said back on July 28th...less than a month ago.
https://web.archive.org/web/2014072...kingdom/mickeys-not-so-scary-halloween-party/

Looks like they're already taking things away from those who simply pay more for a hard ticket event.

That bites. Was going to holler "Breach of Contract!" since I bought my ticket couple of months ago, but then I saw the little disclaimer at the bottom....

danv3

With the villains dance party and now this dessert party, I'm not surprised that the mingling part of the castle show has been cut. I'm actually still surprised that there's going to be a castle show at all.

asianway

With the villains dance party and now this dessert party, I'm not surprised that the mingling part of the castle show has been cut. I'm actually still surprised that there's going to be a castle show at all.
You could only get two, max 3 pictures at one mingle. I'm sure there were many melted snowflakes who missed their meet n' greet.

fuzzyblanket

I think the problem with the Mix & Mingle is that people were not there for the show (which was the entire point of it). Instead, people just lined up before the show just so they could take pictures with the villains. Now Disney has their show as it was meant to be. However, I think it is pretty crappy that they expect us to pay $100 to go inside the castle for the side party and meet the villains. They should just do what they did at the 24-hour event this year...villains take over (i.e. Facilier at Tianna's Garden). They did move Jafar, Queen of Hearts, and Lotso...but I think people really want some new and/or rare villains (i.e. Cruella or Facilier).

GymLeaderPhil

Next year they're going to upcharge admission so that name brand chocolate treats have their own special lines while the "financially impaired" can enjoy raisins at one remote location in the park after receiving a standby return time card.

The entire rebranded and reimagined experience will be sponsored by the worst airline in the United States. Take your pick.

AngryEyes

Everywhere you turn, it's premium this and premium that. If you try to buy tickets to a Broadway show these days, you will find half the orchestra section or more are "premium seats", for which producers charge $300 to $400 and sometimes more per seat.

Try going to a concert or a ballgame. You pay more, you get more.

We're going to MNSSHP in a couple weeks, but won't be doing the dessert party. I don't begrudge people who do, though, nor do I fault Disney for offering the event. It's just not for me.

Life would be a lot better if everyone would worry less about what other people are doing.

(Edited for Acronym Foul.)

Sweet Thing

Mix and Mingle isn't gone. I know dancers in rehearsals for it. It is happening. They simply cut the meet and greets because two of the main stars (Maleficent and Evil Queen) of the show are doing meet and greets in Fairy Tale Hall JUST on the other side of the castle. They can't be in two places at once. So, no meet and greet after the show. The show will still be there at the castle. Same show as last year.

Sweet Thing

I think the problem with the Mix & Mingle is that people were not there for the show (which was the entire point of it). Instead, people just lined up before the show just so they could take pictures with the villains. Now Disney has their show as it was meant to be. However, I think it is pretty crappy that they expect us to pay $100 to go inside the castle for the side party and meet the villains. They should just do what they did at the 24-hour event this year...villains take over (i.e. Facilier at Tianna's Garden). They did move Jafar, Queen of Hearts, and Lotso...but I think people really want some new and/or rare villains (i.e. Cruella or Facilier).
Cruella and Facillier will be at the dance party at Diamond Horseshoe. Maleficent and Evil Queen will be in Fairy Tale Hall. You don't have to pay extra to see these characters.

asianway

Mix and Mingle isn't gone. I know dancers in rehearsals for it. It is happening. They simply cut the meet and greets because two of the main stars (Maleficent and Evil Queen) of the show are doing meet and greets in Fairy Tale Hall JUST on the other side of the castle. They can't be in two places at once. So, no meet and greet after the show. The show will still be there at the castle. Same show as last year.
Whether they meet or do the show the integrity issue exists. They're still there

asianway

Cruella and Facilier have been at the mingle for years, Cruella forever...

DisUniversal

Meets and greets is not the same as Mix and Mingle...which does seem to be gone. As far as them caring about what's on the other side of the castle...don't they have multiple Mickey's in rooms right next door to each other for those meet and greets?

PolynesianPrincess

Interesting. Since there is no menton of a "mingle" it makes me wonder if the characters will come down for some schmoozing after the show anymore?

EDIT: I read the posts about the mingle not happening after I posted this. I wonder if the rest of the villains will be out doing meet and greets in the park then? I know last year we randomly met Jafar outside the exit to Town Square theater. No one else was around. He didn't even have a handler. In fact, he was lurking and it scared the crap outta my sister and me when we saw him.

Matt_Black

Meets and greets is not the same as Mix and Mingle...which does seem to be gone. As far as them caring about what's on the other side of the castle...don't they have multiple Mickey's in rooms right next door to each other for those meet and greets?

This is why the need to do more sci-fi animated films, so you can have a character explain it with plausible sounding techno-babble. "You see, using the principles of quantum bi-location, we combine subatomic energy with the Fairy Godmother's magic, allowing us to appear in several places at once!"*

*For best effect, imagine Matt Smith's Doctor Who saying this while straightening his bow-tie.

FerretAfros

I was under the impression that since the show is only ten minutes long at best, that the Fairy Tale Hall would be paused at that time.
What do they do with the princesses during Dream Along With Mickey or Festival of Fantasy? I assume they just keep on doing meet & greets like always, and hope that nobody sees them too close together. The castle walkway is typically blocked during performances on the stage, so it should cause enough delays that people won't be seeing the same character back to back

Heck, you can see the parade route from DL's princess M&G queue, and I don't think they change anything when the princesses come rolling by twice daily. They just hope that people don't put 2 and 2 together...

MKCP 1985

I assure you, Mix and Mingle isn't gone. There have been rehearsals for it. It is the exact same show as last year. They just won't be coming down from the stage after the show to do a short meet and greet since you will be able to meet them elsewhere in the park.
What I read you saying is that the castle show isn't gone and is in rehearsals but the Mix and Mingle part of the show is indeed gone with the explanation that if you want to mingle with the villains you may meet them elsewhere in the park. I don't know if I would be alarmed about the change - it is a change - but a person who buys a ticket can still meet the objectives of seeing a villains show and meeting the villains who appear in the show. That change doesn't upset me at all or suggest that perks are being cut.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom