2014 Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party dates and tickets now on sale

CDavid

This has probably been mentioned, but the first party is September 1st. Really? Not only does this mean the initial Halloween party is farther in advance of the actual holiday than Christmas, but its prior to Labor Day, traditionally the end of the summer vacation season.

I know they want to stretch these dates out as long as possible, but this seems to be pushing it.

Bolt

This has probably been mentioned, but the first party is September 1st. Really? Not only does this mean the initial Halloween party is farther in advance of the actual holiday than Christmas, but its prior to Labor Day, traditionally the end of the summer vacation season.

I know they want to stretch these dates out as long as possible, but this seems to be pushing it.
Aren't you still celebrating Mardi Gras at your house for another 4 weeks?

asianway

I'm sure they added more dates to spread the development costs of all the new entertainment offerings more evenly so there was no spike in YOY profit margins.

iwannabeBelle

I was curious as to what people's opinions or experiences are. We are hoping to be there Spetember 12-20 and very much want to partake in the party. Are we crazy for wanting to attend on a Friday night (12), or should we wait and go on Sunday (14) or later?

71jason

Started in August a couple years ago. Of course, I also remember hearing the pre-Labor Day parties were dead.

71jason

I was curious as to what people's opinions or experiences are. We are hoping to be there Spetember 12-20 and very much want to partake in the party. Are we crazy for wanting to attend on a Friday night (12), or should we wait and go on Sunday (14) or later?

Weeknights > Friday nights, if at all possible. Otherwise shouldn't be too bad in September, largely Cast Members because they still get a discount.

JohnD

It's also prior to Night of Joy. Now, I consider myself a pretty solid Christian and the Halloween decorations don't offend me. But there could be other attendees of Night of Joy who may not like it.

Last edited:

71jason

At close to $70, I dont know many people who can go more than once.... Ridiculous amount of money as compared to what they used to give the guests....

I still think for non-APs--particularly those who only come down every couple years or (especially) locals without regular park admission--MNSSHP on a moderately crowded night is the best way to see MK. Great fireworks, best parade, low crowds.

71jason

Not so much, no. I suppose it could be argued we celebrate Easter 52 weeks a year, but just not Halloween in summer.

I assumed this was a Universal fanboi dig (where Mardi Gras goes on a month and a half beyond Easter this year). Although Mardi Gras feels more like a celebration of New Orleans and less a seasonal holiday, at least Uni-style.

PhotoDave219

I still think for non-APs--particularly those who only come down every couple years or (especially) locals without regular park admission--MNSSHP on a moderately crowded night is the best way to see MK. Great fireworks, best parade, low crowds.

I agree with you there… I just missed some of the offerings they used to have. Like the free photo and some of the other entertainment offerings.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom