2014 Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party dates and tickets now on sale

Wildflower

I doubt that the American-based upper class visits Disney theme parks often, well not the ones in the US that is.
The target market seems to be those who have a larger vacation budget per person than say a family of 4. Perhaps those who are young & have few obligations or have grown children, or even those folk who are taking a few moments to get off to the parks alone while the kids are back in the room with a sitter. I'd really like to hear from those who go to these events what percentage of the attendees are families with children between 3-16. And of those, how many children did they have?

I wouldn't exclude these people from the group of guests who will pay extra for parties, but I wouldn't go as far as to allege that they're often these type people. It might shock you to open your eyes and take a count. Disney World guests are often nice, polite people, who like everyone else just want to have some fun. There is a very small percentage of rude, self serving guests - but they do seem to make themselves stand out and to be more numerous than they actually are.

Since you seem to be pretty logical and nice, I will answer from our perspective as we did buy 4 tickets to this. We have two children, ages 10 and 4. We are NOT 1%ers as has been inferred by others, although we are not on a tight budget on our trip. To the other end of the assertions, we are not stupid/rude/entitled/think we are better. We have been to the party previously. To us, this represented
1. A somewhat different experience for our family (I try to do something unique every trip to surprise the kids, be it simply dinner somewhere we haven't been or something more elaborate),
2. A chance to view the parade and fireworks without staking out places way in advance or the chaos/poor viewing, etc that can ensue if you don't (not saying this happens every time, but was our experience for the last two), and
3. Some M&G without waiting in long lines (potential meltdown territory as it gets later into the eve).
The party we went to last year WAS sold out and I anticipate that this year will be the same. Is it worth $99 each? I think it's a very individual thing. For us it's worth it for a (hopefully fun) new experience, and less headache for other parts of our evening.
We did do the Star Wars package in May and we feel it was worth it for that experience but perhaps borderline (some kinks/logistics they need to work out)... went into it for much the same reasons. I would say the crowd from that one was skewed towards young/less obligations, among others without kids for whatever reason (left them back somewhere / didn't have / empty nest) over those with kids, although there were plenty of us there. Maybe 75/25 split? That being said, it's Star Wars; inherently a somewhat different demographic to begin with. Interestingly that one also had a VERY highly priced VIP package that I'm surprised wasn't brought up on this thread by way of comparison...but to your question, there were families with kids in that group as well. Personally I think the price/value on that was insane, but to each his own I suppose.
As to logistics, I was told space was limited to 70 per seating...so on most nights, that's it...I think I saw only a handful where they had later seatings as well, so on those nights you'd have a bigger group at the parade/fireworks. The viewing area is indeed in that section of the circle by the castle....the later viewing of the parade will not be affected at all.
I think this is the part where I duck... :cautious:[/QUOTE]

EDITED since they added seatings on all but 3 or 4

Last edited:

Wildflower

Actually we were told yesterday that it was limited to 30 people per event with the two events adding up to 60 per night. 30 did seem rather low considering but it is a possibility. Marie
Interesting, guess we will see, but not a huge number either way. And the twice a night only affects 3 dates:
"taking place at both 10:15 PM and 11:45 PM on September 1, 9 and 12, 2014;
and at 10:15 PM only on September 14, 16, 19, 21, 23, 26, 28 and October 2, 3, 5, 9, 10, 13, 16, 17, 19, 21, 23, 24, 26, 28, 30 and 31, 2014."

Last edited:

asianway

Interesting, guess we will see, but not a huge number either way. And the twice a night only affects 3 dates:
and at 10:15 PM only on September 14, 16, 19, 21, 23, 26, 28 and October 2, 3, 5, 9, 10, 13, 16, 17, 19, 21, 23, 24, 26, 28, 30 and 31, 2014."
Expect more 11:45 offerings to be added as they see how sales go

Wildflower

Expect more 11:45 offerings to be added as they see how sales go
the 11:45 one seems perhaps more interesting (for some) as the party only goes to midnight... so those who attend it have extra time as another "perk" - more like the after-party type viewpoint that was mentioned earlier in the thread.

DisneyDaver

I've seen a handful of comments equating how much someone spends to whether they are rude or entitled.

From my experience, rudeness and a sense of entitlement do not discriminate by wealth or spending. I suspect that there will be both kind, great people at this event along with some rude, entitled folks ... just like there is at any big gathering whether free or expensive.

If someone is like me and doesn't think the event is worth an extra $100 to them, then they won't attend. If someone wants to spend $100 on this event because they think it's worth it, then they should go for it.

I can't figure out why there appears be some anger/outrage over the announcement of this sub-event.

note2001

Since you seem to be pretty logical and nice, I will answer from our perspective as we did buy 4 tickets to this. We have two children, ages 10 and 4. We are NOT 1%ers as has been inferred by others, although we are not on a tight budget on our trip. To the other end of the assertions, we are not stupid/rude/entitled/think we are better. We have been to the party previously. To us, this represented
1. A somewhat different experience for our family (I try to do something unique every trip to surprise the kids, be it simply dinner somewhere we haven't been or something more elaborate),
2. A chance to view the parade and fireworks without staking out places way in advance or the chaos/poor viewing, etc that can ensue if you don't (not saying this happens every time, but was our experience for the last two), and
2. Some M&G without waiting in long lines (potential meltdown territory as it gets later into the eve).
The party we went to last year WAS sold out and I anticipate that this year will be the same. Is it worth $99 each? I think it's a very individual thing. For us it's worth it for a (hopefully fun) new experience, and less headache for other parts of our evening.
We did do the Star Wars package in May and we feel it was worth it for that experience but perhaps borderline (some kinks/logistics they need to work out)... went into it for much the same reasons. I would say the crowd from that one was skewed towards young/less obligations, among others without kids for whatever reason (left them back somewhere / didn't have / empty nest) over those with kids, although there were plenty of us there. Maybe 75/25 split? That being said, it's Star Wars; inherently a somewhat different demographic to begin with. Interestingly that one also had a VERY highly priced VIP package that I'm surprised wasn't brought up on this thread by way of comparison...but to your question, there were families with kids in that group as well. Personally I think the price/value on that was insane, but to each his own I suppose.
As to logistics, I was told space was limited to 70 per seating...so on most nights, that's it...I think I saw only a handful where they had later seatings as well, so on those nights you'd have a bigger group at the parade/fireworks. The viewing area is indeed in that section of the circle by the castle....the later viewing of the parade will not be affected at all.
I think this is the part where I duck... :cautious:

Thank you for your reply! I can see how after having been to and enjoying the party several times you'd just like something different, and if it's not out of the budget, why not?

What it really comes down to is a question of "Are these special event and offerings worth to you?"
Each individual may have a unique spin on their answer. Since I have never been to any of the special events in Disney the answer is an obvious no, well, not until I've seen what's there being offered.

note2001

I've seen a handful of comments equating how much someone spends to whether they are rude or entitled.

From my experience, rudeness and a sense of entitlement do not discriminate by wealth or spending. I suspect that there will be both kind, great people at this event along with some rude, entitled folks ... just like there is at any big gathering whether free or expensive.

If someone is like me and doesn't think the event is worth an extra $100 to them, then they won't attend. If someone wants to spend $100 on this event because they think it's worth it, then they should go for it.

I can't figure out why there appears be some anger/outrage over the announcement of this sub-event.

Well put. It's all about each person's budget and if they feel it's worth it. We should not be judging people according to whether or not they choose to put out more $ to attend an exclusive event.

Its like judging people by the category of room they select. Just because someone pays more for concierge does not mean they're wasteful or selfish. Likewise, we shouldn't judge those who choose to stay offsite or in a value resort room as being cheap.

JohnD

Actually we were told yesterday that it was limited to 30 people per event with the two events adding up to 60 per night. 30 did seem rather low considering but it is a possibility. Marie

Let's see here:
$100/event x 30 people/event x 2 events x 3 nights = $18,000.
$100/event x 30 people/event x 1 event x 23 nights = $69,000.

That's $87,000 over and above what they already bring in from the MNSSHP tickets alone.

Wildflower

After the way they oversold the Star Wars packages I would be very surprised if this was actually limited to 30 people.
Yep. That being said, I was told along with the 70 number that it was limited by the seating capacity at CRT...have no idea what THAT number is (and suppose it could be adjusted somewhat for a special event).

Animaniac93-98

Yep. That being said, I was told along with the 70 number that it was limited by the seating capacity at CRT...have no idea what THAT number is (and suppose it could be adjusted somewhat for a special event).

CRT seats 130 people, assuming no seating is removed to make space for the performers, buffet, drink table or whatever they set up in there.

PhotoDave219

Seems like a test.

Limited meet & greet/party with rare characters.... And you pay through the nose for it.

asianway

Seems like a test.

Limited meet & greet/party with rare characters.... And you pay through the nose for it.
Problem is they aren't really that rare. They'll mostly all be at the party in another location. Roger, Pigs, the crazy rare villains from unleashed? $99 may be worth it. Desserts are so cheap to make the food cost is almost negligible

Sweet Thing

2. Some M&G without waiting in long lines (potential meltdown territory as it gets later into the eve).
I think this is the part where I duck... :cautious:
[/QUOTE]

I spoke to a CM on the phone about this. The target audience is more adults and teens than families with small children. He told me that is why it was priced the way it is. He also said that seating is capped at 150 for this particular event.

Wildflower

I spoke to a CM on the phone about this. The target audience is more adults and teens than families with small children. He told me that is why it was priced the way it is. He also said that seating is capped at 150 for this particular event.[/QUOTE]
Makes sense I suppose, but now we have 3 different answers on capacity! (mine was from a CM as well, assume same with Marie...150 sounds high based on CRT seating capacity though?) Guess we see when we get there really.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom