Upcoming/Rumored Projects

JLipnick

Agreed.

Even though they should.
what about some other mass transit other than the monorail? say something like a light rail? a lot less expensive and would be better than the buses. although one of the perks of staying at the higher end resorts is the added convenience of direct monorail/boat service. that is one of the reasons we bought BLT DVC. being able to stay at MK late and just walk back is priceless. anything is better than the buses. we only use them as a last resort.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
what about some other mass transit other than the monorail? say something like a light rail? a lot less expensive and would be better than the buses. although one of the perks of staying at the higher end resorts is the added convenience of direct monorail/boat service. that is one of the reasons we bought BLT DVC. being able to stay at MK late and just walk back is priceless. anything is better than the buses. we only use them as a last resort.
To be cost effective light real needs to be on the ground. When you put them on the ground they have have to interact with traffic and then you have issues like this....

jt04

To be cost effective light real needs to be on the ground. When you put them on the ground they have have to interact with traffic and then you have issues like this....

Unless, of course, you add overpasses/underpasses where needed. Which could be cost effective if the area is not too densly populated. Such as WDW for instance. WDW could use a couple LR loops which could be complimented with bus transportation, water taxis, PRTs and possibly even ski gondolas depending on specific circumstances. All the tech is now available should they decide to do so. I volunteer to serve on the planning of it.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Unless, of course, you add overpasses/underpasses where needed. Which could be cost effective if the area is not too densly populated. Such as WDW for instance. WDW could use a couple LR loops which could be complimented with bus transportation, water taxis, PRTs and possibly even ski gondolas depending on specific circumstances. All the tech is now available should they decide to do so. I volunteer to serve on the planning of it.
All of which costs more money. The second you start having to build overpasses, underpasses, etc, you might as well elevate the entire line and then we are right back to were we are.

jt04

All of which costs more money. The second you start having to build overpasses, underpasses, etc, you might as well elevate the entire line and then we are right back to were we are.

I know a way they could build two loops with minimal overpasses (less than 8) that would serve many properties and venues. But I will save that for the Imagineering forum someday.

Kman101

I'm sure busses are cheaper, unfortunately. Busses are simply becoming way too crowded, and it takes forever to get around. It is nice it's a free service but WDW transportation needs an overhaul. Anyway .... lol

jt04

I'm sure busses are cheaper, unfortunately. Busses are simply becoming way too crowded, and it takes forever to get around. It is nice it's a free service but WDW transportation needs an overhaul. Anyway .... lol

Busses will always have their uses but in the long term other systems will be needed. IMO.

PeterAlt

I agree they won't even keep the ones they have up to date because it's too expensive. There is no way disney would spend billions and I mean billions to connect the rest of WDW to the monorail.
Sorry, I couldn't resist.

Light rail may be the way to complete the system, since almost every major city has built, are building or expanding, or plan to build light rail systems. Because everyone is onboard with light rail now, we have a very competitive industry with standardized parts. This makes completion of WDW transit network doable. Light rail could also be automated, elevated, as well as on ground level. But, with EC in serious bad shape, Avatar in the pipelines, MyMagic+ winding down, and other major capital expenses that are either ongoing or planned, I suspect it could be as long as 10 years before they do anything...

To keep everyone happy, I've said my piece and will now crawl back into my hole and stay quiet.

MDactor1980

We've given up on the busses for the most part. We stay off-property and use a cab/car service. No crowding, we name our own times, and the price is still cheaper than on-property lodging. Now nothing matches the magic of staying on-property, but now that we go annually... we save on-property trips for special occasions!

mahnamahna101

I'm really not sure how Sugar Rush would fit at all, if I'm honest.

A small Discoveryland type area would be fantastic however, especially since it would help bridge the gap between Fantasyland and Tomorrowland.
Sugar Rush=candy/colorful objects=Fantasyland
Hero's Duty=cy-bugs/futuristic setting/extraterrestrial terrain=Tomorrowland

Solution: Have Sugar Rush by Fantasyland, Hero's Duty by Tomorrowland.

Of course that makes too much sense (as does using some of the space behind Speedway for a Tomorrowland expansion) :p relocate Laugh Floor to DHS and use its building for a new dark ride, replace Stitch with a futuristic show, update Buzz and CoP, give Space Mountain a DL refurb, remove that Incredibles stage, and add a nice, enclosed Flying Saucers ride in some extra space... Tomorrowland might become cohesive.

Of course, Frontierland has an empty Tom Sawyer Island and some backstage space past Thunder to use, Adventureland needs an E-ticket, as does Fantasyland (SDMT and Small World are D+-tickets). Western River Expedition, a Geyser E-ticket, Frozen trackless dark ride, Fire Mountain... those four would essentially round out their areas.

Cesar R M

Sugar Rush=candy/colorful objects=Fantasyland
Hero's Duty=cy-bugs/futuristic setting/extraterrestrial terrain=Tomorrowland

Solution: Have Sugar Rush by Fantasyland, Hero's Duty by Tomorrowland.

Of course that makes too much sense (as does using some of the space behind Speedway for a Tomorrowland expansion) :p relocate Laugh Floor to DHS and use its building for a new dark ride, replace Stitch with a futuristic show, update Buzz and CoP, give Space Mountain a DL refurb, remove that Incredibles stage, and add a nice, enclosed Flying Saucers ride in some extra space... Tomorrowland might become cohesive.

Of course, Frontierland has an empty Tom Sawyer Island and some backstage space past Thunder to use, Adventureland needs an E-ticket, as does Fantasyland (SDMT and Small World are D+-tickets). Western River Expedition, a Geyser E-ticket, Frozen trackless dark ride, Fire Mountain... those four would essentially round out their areas.

but wouldn't hero's duty play very similar to toy story space ranger spin?

mahnamahna101

but wouldn't hero's duty play very similar to toy story space ranger spin?
Use the Radiator Springs Racers concept, but add in slower segments with interactivity/shooting. You could even do two sides - Sugar Rush for little kids/families, Hero's Duty for teens/adults.

With the backstage space, an E-ticket of this magnitude could easily fit and relieve Space Mountain enough to allow some downtime to give it a proper refurb. More importantly, it would make revitalize the area and increase capacity since you could have two different attractions share the same queue, some of the same footprint, etc. Tomorrowland Speedway can't be that high capacity... the Sugar Rush/Hero's Duty concept could easily get 2,500-3,000 guests per hour counting both sides.

Penelope

Is there any rumors on whats next for MK after SDMT, besides the Hub remake?

IMO MK needs a new thrill ride, coaster, water based, or both :D. There seems to be a very high demand for one!
First thing that comes to mind is a villains attraction. I don't know if there is any space next to NFL to do this? Maybe where the Speedway is?

I agree about adding a Disney Villains attraction to the park. Disney is making a movie called "The Descendants" about kids of the Disney Villains. What a perfect excuse to make a ride for them. And DHS could be a possible park to house it too as many of them appear in the Fantasmic! show there. My daughter can't get enough of the Evil Queen and Maleficent I think these characters have more star power than they did when I was a kid and a dark ride for them would be very imaginative.

MK could benefit from bringing another mountain into Adventure Land. It would ease the crowding of the others. And I agree with all the comments earlier about Tomorrowland. It really needs a makeover! Although I suspect children don't really notice that the speedway is a bit odd there or the dated features us adults see….

ETA: And given the immense popularity of "Frozen" … I hate to say this but a dark ride for it would be beneficial. And a permanent place for the sisters to do a M&G so Fairytale Hall can have the classic princesses there as was its intention.

DinoInstitute

IF a Frozen ride is developed...which wouldn't be for at least 10 years...I'd vote for a log flume ride that rides on Ice.
A Frozen ride can certainly happen before 2024, likely in the next 2-3 years infact.

But yah, I was thinking on how to create "an amazing experience unlike anything else you've ever experienced" and all that crap type ride, and I thought of what you just said. Like, durring the scene where the kingdom freezes an effect is created as if the water is freezing and stuff, and it melts before the last drop though i guess

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom