Zootopia characters confirmed

Chef Kronk

What's especially crazy is that such popular characters still aren't meeting, when Studios just this week added a full coverage (back to back to back) location with plain boring Chip and Dale. It would literally be an exact cost swap to have Nick and Judy instead. Boggles the mind.

Over $1 billion in revenue at the box office for Zootopia and they still aren't at WDW. It's insane. They likely just don't want to deal with long character lines, but if guests want to wait in a big line, who cares?

Joy, Sadness, and Olaf all arrived for meet n greets way later after their movies came out. With Nick and Judy, I don't know if they'll even be that lucky (if you can even call it that).

We can only hope that they come at some point and Disney doesn't make the same mistake again with Moana.

jensenrick

Over $1 billion in revenue at the box office for Zootopia and they still aren't at WDW. It's insane. They likely just don't want to deal with long character lines, but if guests want to wait in a big line, who cares?

Joy, Sadness, and Olaf all arrived for meet n greets way later after their movies came out. With Nick and Judy, I don't know if they'll even be that lucky (if you can even call it that).

We can only hope that they come at some point and Disney doesn't make the same mistake again with Moana.

And evidently they are at Hong Kong, Paris, Cali- every where except WDW, the alleged flagship resort. I'ts a bit maddening.

Thank goodness my Bluray is just as awesome as I'd hoped.

Sped2424

Moanas a princess they get a different kind of attention and integration

jensenrick

While we are at it, how about some merch? Is that too much to ask in relation to a movie that has just crossed the BILLION mark?
I can't even find a decent t-shirt, I had to buy an iron on from Etsy!
How about just a friggin Pawpsicle from the ice cream stand?!

brb1006

While we are at it, how about some merch? Is that too much to ask in relation to a movie that has just crossed the BILLION mark?
I hope a pawpsicle might be sold at AK in the future along with a meet and greet there.

Last edited:

ShoalFox

In the Parks
Yes
It's so ridiculous! It really seems neither Disney Stores nor the parks have much beyond what was made for before the movie came out.

Matt_Black

Merchandising is a tricky business. A lot of Disney's merch comes from licensing- companies, be they toy companies, clothiers, what have you, purchase a license to make something. If no one wants to license and make Zootopia stuff, Disney can't force them. So, it comes down to whether or not Disney wants to do it. And yes, while it did make over a $1 billion, as did Frozen, Frozen had the benefit of being successful across the board, as the soundtrack did HUGE business, suggesting that other Frozen merchandise would sell. (A soundtrack has little actual relevance to t-shirts or plush dolls, but you know how executives think; these are the same sorts of people who think superhero films with a female lead won't work, because Catwoman and Elektra failed, ignoring the numerous other flaws with those movies.)

brb1006

Has Judy and Nick showed up at Tokyo Disneyland yet? So far they are currently meetable at Disneyland,Disneyland Paris and Hong Kong Disneyland at the moment and I have a difficult time keeping track on what characters have showed up at certain parks or not.

asianway

Has Judy and Nick showed up at Tokyo Disneyland yet? So far they are currently meetable at Disneyland,Disneyland Paris and Hong Kong Disneyland at the moment and I have a difficult time keeping track on what characters have showed up at certain parks or not.
Tokyo wont get them - the place would be a mad house. As I have stated to you on multiple occasions, Tokyo rarely gets the new movie characters for meet and greet, especially fur. Incredibles are the most recent fur I can think of - thats not for a parade or show.

mimitchi33

It's so ridiculous! It really seems neither Disney Stores nor the parks have much beyond what was made for before the movie came out.
I know. The only thing Zootopia-related things I've seen in the Disney Store recently is the Young Judy Hopps plush and a figurine set. I don't even see any of the TOMY toys anymore, either.
It's funny that Disney continues to make merchandise for Inside Out (which made less than Zootopia) a year after it's release. tHEY just released a Sadness nightgown, re-released the hair ties made before the movie at the Disney Store and even made a MagicBand based off the film. Outside of the Disney Store, there are tons of unexpected new Inside Out merchandise including new books, clothing for kids, a candy wand (which I ironically got today) and even a Disney On Ice show containing a segment based off the film. Yet they treat Zootopia like it bombed and instead focus all of their marketing on Inside Out, Finding Dory, Star Wars and of course Frozen.
I was at DCA recently and it seems that they did sign originally but they no longer do. One guest with an autograph was with another guest who wanted an autograph and they explained this to the character host who then changed the explanation from 'they don't sign' to 'they aren't signing today'.
That's too bad. Did they ever sign at any time during their run?
The line for them wasn't particularly long so I don't know why signing would be an issue, their are no autograph cards either like I have seen at Florida for characters like Baymax.

Cesar R M

I know. The only thing Zootopia-related things I've seen in the Disney Store recently is the Young Judy Hopps plush and a figurine set. I don't even see any of the TOMY toys anymore, either.
It's funny that Disney continues to make merchandise for Inside Out (which made less than Zootopia) a year after it's release. tHEY just released a Sadness nightgown, re-released the hair ties made before the movie at the Disney Store and even made a MagicBand based off the film. Outside of the Disney Store, there are tons of unexpected new Inside Out merchandise including new books, clothing for kids, a candy wand (which I ironically got today) and even a Disney On Ice show containing a segment based off the film. Yet they treat Zootopia like it bombed and instead focus all of their marketing on Inside Out, Finding Dory, Star Wars and of course Frozen.
probably because its under the pixar umbrella?
I noticed that from all the non pixar movies, only Frozen got a lot of toys going.
Perhaps they also want to avoid the furries. as others already said here.

asianway

I noticed that from all the non pixar movies, only Frozen got a lot of toys going.
there is a definite trend toward new characters being developed and not meeting guests. Theres probably been 50 new ones in 5 years, and more often than not, they are not used for daily ops.

lazyboy97o

Most merchandise is create by licensees, not Disney. If nobody buys the licenses then the merchandise is not made.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom