News Zootopia and Moana Blue Sky concepts for Disney's Animal Kingdom

MagicHappens1971

True, though they are now trying to remove it from the Frontierland skyline by making it look less like a mountain and more like a salt dome. I suppose you're right. But I still wonder if that was the origin of Moana having a flume ride.
This has more to do with the fact that there are no mountains in New Orleans rather than them wanting to remove it from the skyline

In the Parks
No
This has more to do with the fact that there are no mountains in New Orleans rather than them wanting to remove it from the skyline
Of course! Yet another reason that...

1682539398524.png

Elijah Abrams

In the Parks
Yes
Throw in some live dolphins, and they can build whatever they want.
I’m afraid The Walt Disney Company is too caring for the ecosystem to put in a dolphin habitat. They’d rather let those creatures live outside of captivity in peace.

Also, if @imagineer97 is right and Disney does indeed go forward with plans to replace Chester and Hester's Dino-Rama, will they stick with a Moana/Oceania land, or do you guys think they have come up with an alternate replacement? To me, the Blue Sky concept art felt too ambitious, especially with the flume ride.

James Alucobond

Also, if @imagineer97 is right and Disney does indeed go forward with plans to replace Chester and Hester's Dino-Rama, will they stick with a Moana/Oceania land, or do you guys think they have come up with an alternate replacement? To me, the Blue Sky concept art felt too ambitious, especially with the flume ride.
What was too ambitious about it? It was a reskin of a spinner with one all-new ride for the existing vacant lot.

MagicHappens1971

I’m afraid The Walt Disney Company is too caring for the ecosystem to put in a dolphin habitat. They’d rather let those creatures live outside of captivity in peace.

In my opinion, they will stick to Moana. The plan wasn’t really ambitious

999th Happy Haunt

I don’t think Moana in AK is necessarily a bad idea, especially if they tie it into a larger Oceania themed land with exhibits. There’s still no reason for it to replace any part of Dinoland though, I’m sure AK has multiple expansion plots.

Zootopia on the other hand, keep away from AK as far as possible. Especially if it’s replacing Dinosaur.

MagicHappens1971

I don’t think Moana in AK is necessarily a bad idea, especially if they tie it into a larger Oceania themed land with exhibits. There’s still no reason for it to replace any part of Dinoland though, I’m sure AK has multiple expansion plots.
There’s been no evidence that they will tie it to a “Oceania” land. Also Dinorama can go. I have no problem with Moana replacing it.
Zootopia on the other hand, keep away from AK as far as possible. Especially if it’s replacing Dinosaur.
My larger issue is that I feel that Zootopia will feel shoehorned unless they expand the boundaries of the park over there.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom