News Zootopia and Moana Blue Sky concepts for Disney's Animal Kingdom

GimpYancIent

The Rafiki thing is such a gigantic waste....and the train ride to a distant "land" could be utilized in a much better way...that whole thing is ripe for redevelopment...Now if only the train went around the whole park.....or of there was a boat transport....hmmmmm
The water way is very non used or under used (depending on how it is looked at). There was supposed to be a river ride at AK but it did not work out time has passed and it would be a good time to have a new river ride developed.

Bocabear

The river ride would have worked had they installed all the scenery and special effects that were designed for it instead of the drastically budget cut version they did...which was just sad. The Radio Disney overlay made it even worse.
re-developing it now with a proper budget and canopied boats would be a lovely addition to the park.

SpaceMountain77

The Rafiki thing is such a gigantic waste....and the train ride to a distant "land" could be utilized in a much better way...that whole thing is ripe for redevelopment...Now if only the train went around the whole park.....or of there was a boat transport....hmmmmm

Planet Watch is needed for the AZA accreditation; the exhibits fulfill an educational standard.

EPCOT-O.G.

Remember they announced capital expenditure in the parks was being deferred until October (I think...) so potentially any new projects that were due to break ground before then would be pushed back by this decision.
We’ve never been and my son loves dinosaurs. We’re 0-2 the last two years in squeezing in a DAK visit. Tentatively planned for August. We’ll see if it’s still around then.

cookiee_munster

The river ride would have worked had they installed all the scenery and special effects that were designed for it instead of the drastically budget cut version they did...which was just sad. The Radio Disney overlay made it even worse.
re-developing it now with a proper budget and canopied boats would be a lovely addition to the park.

The river is definitely under utilised. Whether it could be used for an attraction like the Jungle Cruise in Hong Kong that's a bit more like an open water version of your usual Jungle Cruise, or used as some kind of transportation much like what was used when the park first opened, it would just bring a little more life around the waterways of the park.

ToTBellHop

The river is definitely under utilised. Whether it could be used for an attraction like the Jungle Cruise in Hong Kong that's a bit more like an open water version of your usual Jungle Cruise, or used as some kind of transportation much like what was used when the park first opened, it would just bring a little more life around the waterways of the park.
I think they should offer swim lessons there. A lot of kids never learned how to swim during the pandemic so this is a perfect opportunity for Disney to groom children to not drown.

GimpYancIent

I think they should offer swim lessons there. A lot of kids never learned how to swim during the pandemic so this is a perfect opportunity for Disney to groom children to not drown.
That body of water has possibilities but for use as a swimming hole for swim lessons, NO. I see many liabilities.

ToTBellHop

but...bu.t...its natazoo :D
1679699909861.jpeg

Surely, this was tacky cultural appropriation?

MrPromey

Any updates on this project?
For the record, there is, as far as any of us know, no project.

This entire thread is just people spitballing and speculating on their own ideas based on some concept art renderings someone at Disney made.

Blue Sky means there is nothing - nothing approved, nothing designed, nothing being built.

Anything formally announced about there actually being a project with real details to share will be all over the front pages when it happens, though.

People are speculating there could be some news at Destination D but that's wishful thinking as much as anything.

They've never stooped so low as to announce blue sky ideas in lieu of actual projects before so it's uncharted waters and our real insiders have been entirely quiet about all of this.

It'll be hard to miss when they do eventually move forward with something in this area and obviously, some day, they will need to do something there but it might not be anything related to the concept art or the IP used in it, at all.

ToTBellHop

Yep, that would be better than what they have planned. Which is another shoehorned set of IP's that don't belong. Much like Moana in Epcot.
Doesn’t almost every ride in Paradise/Pixar Pier have a random IP with no clear connection to California? I’ll give them the Golden Zephyr, all 20 minutes of the year that it safely operates.

I’ll take a themed indoor ride any day over Emotional Whirlwind, Goofy’s Sky School, Silly Symphony Swings or Jumping Jellyfish.

cjkeating

Doesn’t almost every ride in Paradise/Pixar Pier have a random IP with no clear connection to California? I’ll give them the Golden Zephyr, all 20 minutes of the year that it safely operates.

I’ll take a themed indoor ride any day over Emotional Whirlwind, Goofy’s Sky School, Silly Symphony Swings or Jumping Jellyfish.
I think what @The Lochness Monsta was proposing was all dinosaur themed? So cohesive unlike Pixar Pier.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom