Zach Ephron and Ghostbusters 3?

Figment632

Original Poster
So on the way to my 2 hour comute to work here in the lovely Garden State :veryconfu I was listening to the radio and they were talking about Ghostbusters 3. Commingsoon.net has confirmed part of this, in that the move is supposed to be about the 4 original (same actors) Ghostbusters trianing the next generation of Ghostbusters. They said that the cast would include.

Zach Ephron
Shie LaBeouf
Jonah Hill aka fat kid from Superbad
Sean Patrick Thomas (Afrian American Actor who was in Save the last Dance)

None of these actors have been confirmed but just wanted to see what you guys think. Maybe it wont be that bad but Id much rather see a movie about just the original 4. But the studios probaly want to make sequels.

I recently heard about Ghostbuster3 and that the 4 original members had all resigned. (Ghostbuster wise that is...Rick Moranis will probably not be returning).

The plot you mention is only rumor last I checked. When I read about it they said that the plot might involve having them train a newer group of Ghostbusters, but the actual storyline has yet to be released.

I would hope that Universal or whoever is putting this movie out does not go with that secondary cast. That list seems more like a teenagers dream movie, than an actual cast. Maybe it'll happen, but it would probably take a good bit of money to sign those kids..let alone what they are paying the original four.

Personally, I think they should just stick with the original four and maybe throw in one or two others for training, but I think they should go with little lesser known actors (or hit up SNL for some of their younger talent).

WDWFREAK53

So on the way to my 2 hour comute to work here in the lovely Garden State :veryconfu I was listening to the radio and they were talking about Ghostbusters 3. Commingsoon.net has confirmed part of this, in that the move is supposed to be about the 4 original (same actors) Ghostbusters trianing the next generation of Ghostbusters. They said that the cast would include.

Zach Ephron
Shie LaBeouf
Jonah Hill aka fat kid from Superbad
Sean Patrick Thomas (Afrian American Actor who was in Save the last Dance)

None of these actors have been confirmed but just wanted to see what you guys think. Maybe it wont be that bad but Id much rather see a movie about just the original 4. But the studios probaly want to make sequels.

I was aware of the Jonah Hill rumor...but the other two I heard was Seth Rogen and the dude from Forgetting Sarah Marshall (I can't believe I can't remember his name).

SirGoofy

I was aware of the Jonah Hill rumor...but the other two I heard was Seth Rogen and the dude from Forgetting Sarah Marshall (I can't believe I can't remember his name).

Jason Segel, the guy writing the new Muppet movie.:D

Jonah Hill and Segal would be great 'busters, and I could deal with Rogen I suppose. Add Paul Rudd as the last one and you've got yourself a classic in the making.

As for the other three mentioned in the OP, if Zac-freakin-Efron is anywhere near GB3 I may swear off Hollywood forever.

WDWFREAK53

Jason Segel, the guy writing the new Muppet movie.:D

Jonah Hill and Segal would be great 'busters, and I could deal with Rogen I suppose. Add Paul Rudd as the last one and you've got yourself a classic in the making.

As for the other three mentioned in the OP, if Zac-freakin-Efron is anywhere near GB3 I may swear off Hollywood forever.
That's it! I was having a brain-fart.

WDWFREAK53

I recently heard about Ghostbuster3 and that the 4 original members had all resigned. (Ghostbuster wise that is...Rick Moranis will probably not be returning).

The plot you mention is only rumor last I checked. When I read about it they said that the plot might involve having them train a newer group of Ghostbusters, but the actual storyline has yet to be released.

I would hope that Universal or whoever is putting this movie out does not go with that secondary cast. That list seems more like a teenagers dream movie, than an actual cast. Maybe it'll happen, but it would probably take a good bit of money to sign those kids..let alone what they are paying the original four.

Personally, I think they should just stick with the original four and maybe throw in one or two others for training, but I think they should go with little lesser known actors (or hit up SNL for some of their younger talent).

Actually, I heard just the opposite. Rick Moranis WILL be returning. (They are also trying to get Sigourney Weaver). I'd love to see Annie Potts back... "GHOSTBUSTUHZ, WHADDAYAWANNT?"

EDIT: I know it's not anything "close" to official...but IMDB states the Rick Moranis is the only actor signed that isn't just "rumored."

macsmom

When rumors were first flying around about the new movie, Rick Moranis was actually the first one I heard about that said he would not return. Funny how things change.

danna

WDWFREAK53

When rumors were first flying around about the new movie, Rick Moranis was actually the first one I heard about that said he would not return. Funny how things change.

danna

...because he's got so many other projects going on :lol:

Maybe he'll reprise his role as Seymour! Feed Me!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom