News YouTuber arrested and jailed for prank at Contemporary Resort

SuperStretccch

Not sure how calling in active shooters and eating a tide pod can relate. But any chance to attack a certain group of individuals is always warranted, I guess.

They're related because they're both ludicrous stunts that were influenced by the Internet in some way.

I apologize if my previous comment sounded mean, hearing this just made me very angry. I didn't mean that all milennials were terrible. I mainly meant idiots like this guy who employ the most ridiculous tactics just to achieve fame. And I'm aware that a person of any age could've done this, but honestly, most of the stupid Internet trends and pranks that I hear about originate from Gen Z/milennials, and it infuriates me how the Internet and social media are influencing these kids, making them willing to do anything just so they can get their dopamine rush from the attention. It frustrates me because I'm 18 (almost 19) and even I know not to do this crap. So that's that.

I really don't think it's entirely their fault, like I made it out to be at first. It's obviously the toxicity of today's social media playing a part as well. Because let's face it, even though there are benefits to social media, there's been some real stupid incidents that have come out of Facebook, Instagram, Snapchat, YouTube etc. I still remember when people ended up in the hospital because someone was using Snapchat (the speed filter) while they were driving. That was smart. :rolleyes:

Last edited:

mf1972

this reminds me of a story i heard yesterday about a video game called “active shooter” that’s causing an uproar. you play as a shooter, running in a school, taking out students.
i don’t know what’s wrong with people nowadays, but compassion, common sense, & empathy has gone right out the window

KrazyKat

99DBE11A-3B06-438C-A0F4-DDDD7D08B925.jpeg

JoeCamel

this reminds me of a story i heard yesterday about a video game called “active shooter” that’s causing an uproar. you play as a shooter, running in a school, taking out students.
i don’t know what’s wrong with people nowadays, but compassion, common sense, & empathy has gone right out the window
The company is not going to release the active shooter game. Why they even developed it is beyond me.

MerlinTheGoat

Just wanted to chime in real quick, the guy is not a YouTuber, everywhere reporting that is doing so solely off the fact that he said he was filming it for YouTube when questioned by staff, he has no actualy presence/following on the site.
Yeah I searched this guy all over youtube and around google, there is no evidence that he had a youtube channel. In fact there appears to be no indication at the moment that he was even filming this stunt at all.

Now it's plausible he was intending to create a channel after filming and this would have been his first video. But he definitely doesn't appear to have had a channel or anything at the time of this event.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom