You're One Thing to Make EPCOT Better?

l4dybu6

Re-do imagination! (The 3D show, everything!)
Put a new screen in soarin' (it flickers.... and should be HD. Maybe they could give it different places to go to like star tours? just an idea...)
Maybe a new country in world showcase? Replace the African outpost!
Put something in/ re-do/ build something else in place of WOL
Make innoventions actually innovative!!!! (But keep some empty space in there... it's nice on hot days)

blueboxdoctor

Original Poster
Re-do imagination! (The 3D show, everything!)
Put a new screen in soarin' (it flickers.... and should be HD. Maybe they could give it different places to go to like star tours? just an idea...)
Maybe a new country in world showcase? Replace the African outpost!
Put something in/ re-do/ build something else in place of WOL
Make innoventions actually innovative!!!! (But keep some empty space in there... it's nice on hot days)

Good call with the HD screen, that's definitely needed. I'm sure it wouldn't be asking too much to also have alternate scenes to add some variety. I still like the ride, but it would be cool if they had 3 or 4 different videos.

KCheatle

I don't really know what to do with Future World. I do agree that if the Imagineers were let loose they could probably come up with some great ideas. I also agree that HS is in desperate need of all the Imagineering it can get before anything is done to Future World. :(

With that said, the little change I would make to Epcot: I would have a snack cart outside of Le Cellier that sold pretzel bread so I could just buy it from that instead of using 2 TS meals to just get the taste :p on that note - does anyone know, if I called Le Cellier (or just stopped in), could I order pretzel bread "to go" and pay like I would pay at any take out restaurant?

erasure fan1

I have 3 things, any one of them would make the park better in my eyes.

1. Open wonders of life pavilion as a weather theme.
2. Add a solid D ticket ride at the Canada side of world showcase.
3. Re-work energy & imagination.

George Lucas on a Bench

- Reopen Honey, I Shrunk the Audience
- Demolish Wonders of Life
- Add more Leave a Legacy stones
- Attach wand to Spaceship Earth
- Replace Future World plaza loop with Call Me Maybe
- Ban alcoholic beverages
- Re-theme Universe of Energy to Lilo and Stitch

RedFurredCadet

So they undermined the Wonders of Life's odds of returning, maybe they should have done it in the first place, rather than just draining their help savings into some failed exhibits. There's no Future without throwbacks to life - both health and lifestyle. In fact, all this will make Buzzy roll in his tomb...

*receives word on something horrifying* ...wait, they WHAT?

This is unhealthy. :( Shouldn't a heart for health/well being, medical technologies and biological sciences be a piece of the pie Epcot would need by now?

flavious27

Disney should be move actively looking for corporations to showcase their products and or ideas for products in Innoventions. Really with Stevo's passing, Google should have been contacted to show how they process information, what they are thinking about in the future, and what the devices we will use will look like. When I went to Disney back in 92 or 93, IBM was showing how e-paper could be used. We need more of that, more of what is coming.

Goofnut1980

Wasn't Epcot supposed to be a permanent worlds fair? Which the worlds fairs of the past were all about making the impossible, possible.

Also, does anyone have a overhead shot of futureworld and it show the acutally currently used space in East and West??? How much of those two massive buildings is empty? I bet they could put a full ride in there.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Wasn't Epcot supposed to be a permanent worlds fair? Which the worlds fairs of the past were all about making the impossible, possible.

Also, does anyone have a overhead shot of futureworld and it show the acutally currently used space in East and West??? How much of those two massive buildings is empty? I bet they could put a full ride in there.
Empty Futureworld space?

Aside from Spaceship Earths descent, lets look at operational space no longer used.
Energys two storey VIP lounge
The travesty that is Wonders
Imagination upper floor and at increasing amount of lower level waste
Lounge in Land and Seas
An awful lot of Innoventions
Odyssey onstage-side

EOD K9

I know that WoL had its own fan club and had some cool exhibits. I enjoyed it when I was younger. While everyone is saying it needs to be rebuilt, I think the building does serve a purpose. I enjoyed my time in there during F&W and F&G. It was weird to be in there knowing what once was. It was very nostalgic. Its is open roughly 5 - 6 months out of the year due to both fests. It seems to get more use out of it than some other buildings in Epcot. I say we leave it as it is for its purpose, just find another area to showcase health and the body.

muteki

Disney should be move actively looking for corporations to showcase their products and or ideas for products in Innoventions. Really with Stevo's passing, Google should have been contacted to show how they process information, what they are thinking about in the future, and what the devices we will use will look like. When I went to Disney back in 92 or 93, IBM was showing how e-paper could be used. We need more of that, more of what is coming.

I'd love to get back the period where outside companies were willing to collaborate with Disney and build something amazing, that was a big chunk of what the original EPCOT and EPCOT Center was all about.

Really though, with big corporations being what they are today and how they spend their money, I don't see this as something to build/run a park with anymore. If I could change one thing, it would be for the powers that be to get it out of their head that they should expect outside investment when building new attractions/countries, or for the upkeep of existing ones. I think that time has passed, and that Disney should allow what I am sure are plenty of good ideas floating around in-house to be built with Disney's money, and stop using the lack of sponsorship as an excuse to not build things/let things rot.

There are plenty of other projects in other Disney parks (WDW and elsewhere) that get built purely or predominantly with Disney money, today Epcot should be no different. They really need to take ownership of the park again and quit pretending their hands are tied.

Britt

Eh....Epcot is one of my "take it or leave it" parks. I don't mind going and wandering around the World Showcase with a margarita and having nachos, but other then that, it's usually just too hot to enjoy. I do love Nemo and Friends though...love the sharks!

It'd take a whole lotta money for it to really appeal to me the way MK/AK do!

Marco226

The one thing I would do to fix EPCOT would be to re-theme the older pavilions in Future World to something more relevant to the future of our society.

For example:
Universe of Energy could be changed into a thrill ride that explores experimental types of energy, like fusion and solar wind. Imagination could be the new technology pavilion that shows us how the major companies like Apple, Google, Sony, etc. are paving the way for the future.

Also, The Seas can be turned into an actual experimental underwater habitat that teaches people how we could survive in uninhabitable locations. Last, but not least, Innoventions could be decorated inside into something that pays tribute to Walt's original idea of Progress City. It could still be a museum of corporate sponsorships, but it would showcase technologies that Walt wanted to introduce in EPCOT Center.

Ok, I meant to only list one or two things, but I kept getting more ideas the more I typed :) Let's see what happens after Avatarland is built and after Disney makes some money off of the new Star Wars movies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom