You're One Thing to Make EPCOT Better?

bubbles1812

Gut imagination and either return it to it's original state albeit with updated AAs ect or create an entirely new story (though still with inclusion of Figment). Just do something rather than forcing guests to smell "skunk" and watch cheap cheap cheap CGI

bdearl41

Go back to 1989, other than that I would totally revamp the Imagination Pavillion. World Showcase is and always has been amazing!

Fantasmic

- Reopen Honey, I Shrunk the Audience
- Demolish Wonders of Life
- Add more Leave a Legacy stones
- Attach wand to Spaceship Earth
- Replace Future World plaza loop with Call Me Maybe
- Ban alcoholic beverages
- Re-theme Universe of Energy to Lilo and Stitch

I was just about to reply to this with a scathing remark, but then realised.... you MUST be joking. Oh god I hope you are!!!

DisneySaint

One thing? I'll give you my full rundown:
  • Removal of tombstones and restoration of the entrance fountain
  • Spaceship Earth descent completion and new narration (or restore the Irons one)
  • Windows in Innoventions and new exhibits
  • All orange colors repainted purple or blue throughout
  • Complete re-do of Universe of Energy. I don't even care what, just something else.
  • Make useful the WoL pavillion. Ideally, a pavillion dedicated to weather and atmospheric sciences.
  • Mission Space, new Test Track, and The Seas can all stay as they are.
  • Living with the Land refurb to clean it up and modernize certain aspects
  • Soarin' refurb to clean it up, particularly the aging/dirty film itself
  • New movie for Circle of Life; something actually appealing
  • Complete re-do of Imagination pavillion including the 2nd floor
  • Completely new 4-D experience in the HISTA theater
  • Rides in Germany and Japan (there's plenty of room back there, trust me)
  • Ride in the UK or Canada utilizing the space currently occupied by the Millenium t-building.
  • Repair of all fixtures and replacement of dated ones

Hulacat

1) Automatic park expulsion for large chanting groups
2) Bring in a new company to manage 9 Dragons- new menu, better service, less expensive
3) more frequent live entertainment (I haven't seen the Chinese or Japanese acts in ages & we go frequently)
4) Improve The Land pavillion- and ban the stupid chicken dance/noise fest .

Chrononymous

I guess it's not really one thing...but have great innovative new companies invest in new Futureworld pavilions.

Have a pavilion themed to new technology. One themed to weather(with a kickass coaster) one with a money/finance theme . Re-haul the Wonders of Life, and Imagination. Have something about new about hope in the future along the same lines of Horizons. Have a pavilion dedicated to how what was once science fiction is now actual things in out homes. Bring back the Future of Futureworld, and bring back the optimism in technology!

DfromATX

Eh....Epcot is one of my "take it or leave it" parks. I don't mind going and wandering around the World Showcase with a margarita and having nachos, but other then that, it's usually just too hot to enjoy. I do love Nemo and Friends though...love the sharks!

It'd take a whole lotta money for it to really appeal to me the way MK/AK do!

Agreed... Epcot is my least favorite park, although I do like Soarin'. In my opinion, more rides would improve it. I would also like to see more rides at HS as well.

Pumbas Nakasak

Heading for the great escape.
more-cowbell.jpeg

or

5-tread.jpg

sshindel

The Epcot Manifesto
The one thing they can do?
Make management and the imagineers go to YouTube, watch Martin's videos on the different pavillions in Future World, paying special attention to what the original rides were and what they did, the theme and emotional connection they were able to achieve.
Then give a blank check, cut park prices in 1/2 for a full year (or 2), and only open WS. Close down ALL of Future World. Rebuild it.
  • Kill the Leave A Legacy tombstones. Their Legacy is over. Move them over to the TTC if you really feel that bad about removing what people paid for. Or the bottom of the Seven Seas Lagoon.
  • Refurbish Spaceship earth, with a new narration, finished descent, and update everything. I hear Morgan Freeman is good at doing voice work. Get a new sponsor. What's Google doing these days? Would they be interested in a pavilion about how the entire world is connected?
  • Completely reinvent the Energy pavilion to something that looks at the new potential sources for energy for the future. Leave the dinosaurs to a (and lets fix it please) Dinosaur ride at AK. Focus on Hydrogen, Hydroelectric, Solar, Wind, etc. Focus on the green technologies, but dont forget to highlight the importance of the existing sources and our goals to make them more efficient, effective, and sustainable.
  • Gut and rebuild WoL with an updated pavilion focused still on human health, well being, fitness, medical science. There is SO much people don't know that this should be able to be a grand experience.
  • Film a new movie for Soarin (the long discussed Soarin over the world), but allow it for multiple interchangable scenes. Use the Star Tours technology everwhere you can to encourage re-ride. Expand the greenhouse in The Land, keep forward focused on agricultural technology. I wish I could recommend the rebirth of Kitchen Kabaret, but that one will have to live in my memory.
  • Rebuild the entire Seas attraction. Update the tanks, I've seen many more impressive tanks at local aquariums than here. Bring back a new, updated Seabase Alpha. Send Nemo and Friends to AK. Would Cameron be interested in taking part in this if we worked it into the deal for Pandora at AK?
  • Test Track, ehh, I'll see what the new TT2.0 is like and report back on if the wrecking ball should visit this one as well. Never liked TT1.0 and miss WoM, but I'll be willing to give this a shot.
  • Move MouseGear to the defunct Odyssey pavilion. Rethink Innoventions, using all of both East and West pavilions. Allow for a more easy swap out of exhibits. Think more Science Expo than Pavillion. Highlight new innovative technologies, and when new ones come out, swap out the outdated. Exhibits should be in constant motion. You should never know what to expect when you walk through the doors.
  • Rebuild the entire Plaza and hub into a more simple place of thought and reflection. Remove all unneeded flotsam and jetsam. If you want to show people wait times, make reservations, etc., then bring it to the bleeding edge of technology.
  • Imagination. <sigh>. Take the best and the brightest from across your many portfolios and brands. Pixar, Marvel, Lucasfilm, Disney Animation. The folks that made Day and Night, La Luna, Paperman, Monsters Inc, Ponyo, Star Wars, and somehow made a highly entertaining Avengers film (when all standard thought was it was destined to fail). True visionaries. Lock them on the 2nd floor of Imagination for 6 months. Give them a theme, ohh, I dont know, the "importance of Imagination". Throw in various imagination "enhancers" to stimulate thought (be they legal or not). Then build whatever they design. No matter the cost. Do not cut corners, do not say "we cant", do not pass go, do not collect $200.
Future World used to make me love Science, Technology, and Innovation. Made me want to think, to learn, and to create. It used to be a place of wonder. Now it just makes me wonder when my reservation at Biergarten is and if I can squeeze in a few beers on the way there.
So, my one thing? Bring back the sense of Wonder and the Future into Future World.

rct247

All items are things that are ideal. Items in Bold are things that I think really should happen. Items in Blue are the most important things.

MAIN ENTRANCE
-Refresh lighting to bring refresh futuristic look (i.e. more LED, fiber optics, and Tron-like lighting effects)
-Repaint yellow/lime? ceilings to a different color
-Remove Leave a Legacy
-Reimagine planters and fountain (less rocky concrete, more trees along sides, better designated spots for photographers/PhotoPass, less traffic obstruction)

SPACESHIP EARTH
-Redo queue area (yes, even when they just redid it for Fastpass+... it seems like it could be configured better... also create a designated stroller parking area near the restrooms.)
-Add more current history to include not only 70s and 80s computers, but 90s and 00s with computers, smartphones, digital media, and of course the internet
-Redo decent with physical scenes that interact with your interactive screens that take you into the future. Almost make and market Spaceship Earth the new Horizons.
-Remodel gift shops at Spaceship Earth base and update the signage outside of the shops

GUEST RELATIONS
-Remove the old WorldKey kiosk structures to the side of Guest Relations

INNOVENTIONS PLAZA
-Completely rebuild Fountain of Nations more in the center of Innoventions Plaza making the plaza more like a giant traffic circle, update the fountain technology and add new lighting and soundtrack
-Remove shade triangles, add mature shade trees with unique lighting in them
-Remove Pin trading/Information Station, Relocate to another location.
-Completely remodel/replace Electric Umbrella to a cyber cafe concept, especially redo outdoor seating.

INNOVENTIONS
-Remove window clings to let in light and allow guests to see inside more.
-Expand Future House exhibit
-Rotate more exhibits showcasing latest technologies, organize exhibits based on subjects that aren't big enough for an entire pavilion (I.e. engineering, computer technology, etc)
-Perhaps build a very interactive hi-tech playground for kids to let of steam next to new Cyber Cafe.

UNIVERSE OF ENERGY
-Completely redo attraction with new ride system and story (or at least have Ellen come back and bring the current Ellen's Energy Adventure to the 21st century)
-Showcase green technologies

FESTIVAL CENTER/WONDERS OF LIFE
-Bring back a Health science building with a variety of topics from healthy living, exercise, advanced medical technology including technology for those with disabilities, and education exhibits on the body.

MISSION: SPACE
-Update attraction to allow for random planet exploration adventures
-Expand alternative offerings to make it more of a pavilion rather than an attraction (i.e. Space Food snack stand and other exhibits that could compete with the Kennedy Space Center)

TEST TRACK 2.0
-Put Fastpass Distribution somewhere else
-Enclose high speed loop for better controlled show experience and less weather disruption

ODDYSEY BUILDING
-Repurpose to make this the new Festival Center

THE SEAS WITH NEMO & FRIENDS
-Major overhaul of Sea Base to be more visually impressive to compete with other modern aquariums
-Ideally, remove pavilion entirely to open an entirely brand new aquarium and oceanic themed area at Disney's Animal Kingdom allowing for a new pavilion designed upon atmospheric sciences and weather.

THE LAND
-Update Soarin' film and make projection technology cleaner and crisper.
-Update Circle of Life to a WALL-E conservation/recycling film

IMAGINATION
-Completley redo Journey into Imagination with new ride technology and well... imagination. Keep Figment.
-Bring new art/creativity inspired exhibits to the pavilion including 2nd level
-Add new 4D film experience to theater

WORLD SHOWCASE
-Update IllumiNations: Reflections of Earth with new fountains, more lasers, and less globe (unless the globe is bigger) and more pyro.

MEXICO
-Expand quick service eating area
-Add the other caballeros to the meet and greet with Donald.

NORWAY
-Update Norway film
-Update Maelstrom with newer animatronics/scenes

CHINA
-Remodel and redo menu for Nine Dragons (more authentic)
-Create a designated Mulan meet & greet

AFRICAN OUTPOST
-Replace with a Russian pavilion featuring a small Russian ice skating/ballet show, Vodka bar, Russian eatery, and architecture based on St. Petersburg.

GERMANY
-Build Rhine River Cruise or alpine mini indoor coaster.

ITALY
-Make Via Napoli into a more quick service dinning location featuring a very similar menu.

THE AMERICAN ADVENTURE
-Expand American Gardens Theater
-Expand menu of quick service restaurant to include more unique American food items other than hamburgers such as chili, clam chowder, apple pie, bbq, fried chicken, etc.

JAPAN
-Build an attraction for Japan

MOROCCO
-Remodel interior of Restaurant Marrakesh

FRANCE
-Update French film

UNITED KINGDOM
-Add a dark ride featuring either Mary Poppins or a montage of great British literary stories.

CANADA
-Rebulid "Rocky Mountains" to block Soarin' bulding (may require part of Soarin building to receive theming)
-Clean/gut unused storefronts in Canada to feature an exhibit or snack stand (featuring maple treats, poutine, and cheddar cheese soup)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom