Trip Report You're going when, again?!?! A live trip report from the Devil's week.

At the shaming of @amjt660 and the guilt trip of my DW I've decided to create a dedicated thread for our next visit to the bubble.

The Devil’s Week:
We are 7 days out from our next round of funtivities during the “Devil’s Week”…Spring Break. The DD is heading on a band trip for the week to our nation’s capital so we thought it a good time for another couples trip. My new gig at the school system has me enjoying all the school holidays off as the kiddos do so what else should we do with a week off other than visit the bubble!
Who:
The Parents!
11165051_10204581745085719_6034484948852116286_o.jpg

When:
April 1-5
Where:
We’re taking advantage of some deep discounts at the CBR during their war zon…I mean refurbishments. It will be our first time at CBR and we are more staying there to check it off the WDW resort list than we are for the discounts. We’d like to stay at all the resorts at one point. CBR will be our 12th different resort stay so we are getting close to our goal, it’s just so darn hard deviating from the Deluxes. I know, I know...woe is me, first world Disney problems and all.

Teen band drama now has the grandparents coming to stay with the DD before her trip while we are hopping on a JetBlue flight for the bubble. We’ll have at least half a day the first day to enjoy AK at night. As far as getting around, we debated on renting a car and did our best to figure out how much driving we would need to be doing during the trip first. We decided it would be cheaper for us to just get an Uber gift card and use that to get around during the week so that’s the plan. We purchased the Uber card today and loaded it into the app. We’ve locked in a few ADRs that include Boathouse, Artist’s Point, and Yachtsman. Boathouse is new for us and I’ve enjoyed a few vlogs and reviews I’ve see on it so we’re looking forward to that. No dining plans that first night, yet.

We picked up our Disney gift cards at Kroger today to cover the trip and food and now have an insane amount of fuel points! My magic band came last week and we're pretty much ready for the craziness! Nothing has been packed yet but, hey, we still gots a week!

When we kick this off next week I'll start live updates of the chaos.

Last edited:

ELeigh

So we took a very quick Uber over to YC. Our driver tonight was not very talkative and apparently never was a Disney executive so i dont have any epic Disney insider stories to share.

Soon we were entering the YC lobby. This was actually our first time here! We typically enter through BC.
View attachment 274692

The smell, like BC, is amazing. We rounded Compass and Ale and were soon greated by the signage.
View attachment 274693

We were promptly seated and presented with menus.
View attachment 274699

Bread service and wine quickly followed. The roasted garlic combined with the butter is just...mmmm
View attachment 274700
View attachment 274694

We knew for a while, like months, what we would be ordering today. We’ve done the Porterhouse for two a few times and its never been a miss so why mess with a good thing?
View attachment 274695

The steak comes with the potatoes in beef fat plus an additional side, we chose the truffle mac&cheese
View attachment 274698

View attachment 274696

For some reason we thought we would need another side ao we orderd the cream spinach too. Sweet jesus the sides were almost better than the steak and the steak was off the chain! As mentioned above, we ahould not have gotten the third side, there was soooo much food but it was all so good!
View attachment 274697

We closed out the night with a very leisurely stroll through WS before enjoying some time with Nemo and getting our Phoenicians on. Were on a bus now heading back to Aruba. No plans yet for the morning but we have a few evening FOs for MK with an ADR for AP in between.
This post singlehandedly made me change my plans around and book an ADR for the Yachtsman for May :hilarious:

imahistorygeek

This trip we splurged on even more speed with jetblue. There's a dedicated line for ID checking. The security line was long and not really moving. I'm not sure if we were lucky, but checked in with even more speed and was through security in less than 5 minutes. Even if the even more speed had nothing to do with it, I'd purchase it again.

sheriffwoody

This trip we splurged on even more speed with jetblue. There's a dedicated line for ID checking. The security line was long and not really moving. I'm not sure if we were lucky, but checked in with even more speed and was through security in less than 5 minutes. Even if the even more speed had nothing to do with it, I'd purchase it again.
I didn't realize airlines had stuff like that! I saw something called Clear on Saturday, and it looked interesting...it's not just at airports either, stadiums and stuff too. We have pre-check now and it's honestly the best $85 I've ever spent :joyfull:

lostpro9het

Original Poster
You seem to have a good balance to your trips. Never a goodbye to our beloved Disney, just a see you soon. Lucky for you it's very soon !
Thanks! That is one of the nice things that DVC has afforded us! Its never goodbye but rather until we meet again.

I can't believe I missed this, damn Easter holidays interfering with me reading! looks like you had another great trip, I can't believe your back in less than a month too.
Despite the hoards, we had an excellent time. Our May vist will include 7 nights on The Fantasy and will NOT be live. My main concern about that trip is if I do a TR for it I might not finish it til Christmas.

Pardonmypixiedust

Thanks! That is one of the nice things that DVC has afforded us! Its never goodbye but rather until we meet again.

Despite the hoards, we had an excellent time. Our May vist will include 7 nights on The Fantasy and will NOT be live. My main concern about that trip is if I do a TR for it I might not finish it til Christmas.

You guys that do these live is wild. It takes alot of commitment. First cruise ?

imahistorygeek

We're now on MARTA, making our way home. Boo. Another good flight under our belts. Fearful flyers, the book SOAR really works. I'm still a bit nervous, but NOTHING like before and I am really liking JetBlue. Fingers crossed for more non-stop destinations out of ATL.

Great trip with great company and we enjoyed meeting new friends!

LeighM

I purchased JetBlue's even more speed option the first time I flew on an airplane and we didn't have long to wait at MCO at all. So my husband just assumed the security check lines there usually moved that fast. This time, I insisted on purchasing the TSA pre-check as we have a trip to FL planned (fingers crossed!) for every year through 2021 and it seemed more cost effective. He thought it was a waste of money until we got to MCO and he saw the slow moving TSA lines for himself and all he had to do was walk through the precheck line with a 5 minute :rolleyes:

LeighM

So how do you properly deal with coming home from a Disney vacation?
Just open your mail!
View attachment 275640

I'm looking forward to receiving that kinda of Mickey mail for our cruise in 368 days on the Dream :) My bucket list room 8188 wasn't available when I rescheduled the cruise but I was able to get 5650 with the even bigger verandah but lacking as much privacy. Any tips for us cruising newbies?

lostpro9het

Original Poster
I'm looking forward to receiving that kinda of Mickey mail for our cruise in 368 days on the Dream :) My bucket list room 8188 wasn't available when I rescheduled the cruise but I was able to get 5650 with the even bigger verandah but lacking as much privacy. Any tips for us cruising newbies?
This may be the most important and best advice I can give:
BOOK A PLACEHOLDER WHILE ONBOARD!!!

The minute the cruise ends you can never get that deal back. Its 100% refundable. Essentially you put down a $250 deposite on a future cruise that you have 18 months to book. The placeholder will get you 10% off the cruise you eventually decide to book and $100-$200 onboard credit depending on length of cruise.

Other, marginally less important, advice:
Dont try to do it all on the first cruise. Enjoy what you can while still relaxing and accept it wont all be done.

If Nassau is one of your ports of call just stay onboard and have the run of the ship including easy access to the aquaduck.

If you enjoy adult drinks each adult of drinking age is allowed to carry on either a 6-pack of beer or two bottles of “wine”(quoted for a reason).

Enjoy breakfast in your room! Room service is free (with exception of a few select items) so order some breakfast items like juice, milk, coffee, toast, and cereal to your room and while that is being delivered, send someone up to Cabanas to get a bunch of hot items like eggs, bacon, sausage, ham, and waffles and enjoy breakfast on the veranda!

Speaking of room service, Mickey bars are free...you read that right! They will deliver Mickey bars to your room FOR FREE!!! Just tip that porter. ;-)

On the day you embark wear or carry your swimsuit because your room wont be ready right away but the pools will be!

Don’t hesitate to ask any other cruising questions!

Last edited:

Tiggerish

Resident Redhead
Premium Member
This may be the most important and best advice I can give:
BOOK A PLACEHOLDER WHILE ONBOARD!!!

The minute the cruise ends you can never get that deal back. Its 100% refundable. Essentially you put down a $250 deposite on a future cruise that you have 18 months to book. The placeholder will get you 10% off the cruise you eventually decide to book and $100-$200 onboard credit depending on length of cruise.

Other, marginally less important, advice:
Dont try to do it all on the first cruise. Enjoy what you can while still relaxing and accept it wont all be done.

If Nassau is one of your ports of call just stay onboard and have the run of the ship including easy access to the aquaduck.

If you enjoy adult drinks each adult of drinking age is allowed to carry on either a 6-pack of beer or two bottles of “wine”(quoted for a reason).

Enjoy breakfast in your room! Room service is free (with exception of a few select items) so order some breakfast items like juice, milk, coffee, toast, and cereal to your room and while that is being delivered, send someone up to Cabanas to get a bunch of hot items like eggs, bacon, sausage, ham, and waffles and enjoy breakfast on the veranda!

Speaking of room service, Mickey bars are free...you read that right! They will deliver Mickey bars to your room FOR FREE!!! Just tip that porter. ;-)

On the day you embark wear or carry your swimsuit because your room wont be ready right away but the pools will be!

Don’t hesitate to ask any other cruising questions!

All of this is true, and very good advice. Especially the Nassau part. And the placeholder.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom