Trip Report You're going when, again?!?! A live trip report from the Devil's week.

At the shaming of @amjt660 and the guilt trip of my DW I've decided to create a dedicated thread for our next visit to the bubble.

The Devil’s Week:
We are 7 days out from our next round of funtivities during the “Devil’s Week”…Spring Break. The DD is heading on a band trip for the week to our nation’s capital so we thought it a good time for another couples trip. My new gig at the school system has me enjoying all the school holidays off as the kiddos do so what else should we do with a week off other than visit the bubble!
Who:
The Parents!
11165051_10204581745085719_6034484948852116286_o.jpg

When:
April 1-5
Where:
We’re taking advantage of some deep discounts at the CBR during their war zon…I mean refurbishments. It will be our first time at CBR and we are more staying there to check it off the WDW resort list than we are for the discounts. We’d like to stay at all the resorts at one point. CBR will be our 12th different resort stay so we are getting close to our goal, it’s just so darn hard deviating from the Deluxes. I know, I know...woe is me, first world Disney problems and all.

Teen band drama now has the grandparents coming to stay with the DD before her trip while we are hopping on a JetBlue flight for the bubble. We’ll have at least half a day the first day to enjoy AK at night. As far as getting around, we debated on renting a car and did our best to figure out how much driving we would need to be doing during the trip first. We decided it would be cheaper for us to just get an Uber gift card and use that to get around during the week so that’s the plan. We purchased the Uber card today and loaded it into the app. We’ve locked in a few ADRs that include Boathouse, Artist’s Point, and Yachtsman. Boathouse is new for us and I’ve enjoyed a few vlogs and reviews I’ve see on it so we’re looking forward to that. No dining plans that first night, yet.

We picked up our Disney gift cards at Kroger today to cover the trip and food and now have an insane amount of fuel points! My magic band came last week and we're pretty much ready for the craziness! Nothing has been packed yet but, hey, we still gots a week!

When we kick this off next week I'll start live updates of the chaos.

Last edited:

winstongator

We've done Spring Break twice. Each trip had drawbacks. One had the monorail go down (lightning, I think), then we had a run of Space Mountain shutting down right as we are about to board, BTM being down, and then getting stuck on Splash Mountain! We met some out-of-state friends there, and even with those minor things, the trip was fantastic. The second SB trip had my wife being sick while we were there, and then I got sick as we were leaving. It was also my wife's birthday and she really couldn't enjoy her b-day dinner or the time we had planned at Flower & Garden, her favorite time at Epcot. We did spend a lot of time with her parents, sister, sister-in-law and our niece and nephews. True 'Ohana at 'Ohana, and an 11:30 res served as a nice character 'lunch'. We also got to enjoy Rivers of Light, which both my wife and I liked a lot better than our daughters did - I suspect they were exhausted. We did forget our jackets last year, so the kids got hoodies. Check the weather report, and to be safe bring a sweatshirt.

It's busy, but a great time, weather-wise, to be there. It's easier for a frequent-goer to get to parks early, use FP+ wisely, know when to take breaks, and also be free of the 'need to do everything' mindset. For me, it's one of the few times when our whole family had weekdays free to take more than a weekend there. Other times for that, are mostly other holidays, so I am accustomed to high crowds.

wdisney9000

Truindenashendubapreser
Premium Member
it’s just so darn hard deviating from the Deluxes. I know, I know...woe is me, first world Disney problems and all.
C and her mom added 3 days at Coronado Springs to their recent trip and it was my wifes first time ever staying in a moderate. She called me when they pulled up to to the front and asked me, "where are the bellhops that take your luggage"? I reluctantly told her that the mods do not offer that service, to which she replied with a loud, "oh hell nawwww!" Then she said, "I dont even wanna know what its like at the value resorts." I was cracking up. In the end, they really loved the resort and the new rooms and she said she would definitely stay their again. It was just the initial shock of no bell service she had to get over, lol. I was very proud of her for "roughing it", haha

winstongator

This will be a our second April vacation for us. The last time was busy, not crushingly busy, but busy. Massachusetts schools tend to go later in April then many others so that helps but this year it seems closer to the middle of April then then end. To that end, I expect it be more crowded
One of our spring break trips was a 8-9 TP crowd, the other was 7-8. First one was noticeably busier, but we still did a ton. Had a much better plan the second time. First spring break, our friends were at Poly, we were at POR. Second SB trip, we were at the Poly.

lostpro9het

Original Poster
Don’t forget to deactivate a magic band to avoid another snafu. :cool:
Done! 2 active, 34 inactive;):D I'm pretty sure CBR is not a place I really want to be trekking back to GS to deal with MB issues.

YEA! Glad to hear you're heading back to the bubble. It's times like this that I love band. @imahistorygeek I hope you have a great flight.
Yup! The band trip was a windfall! The DD just got invited into some National Indoor Marching competition in Dayton in late April and if we didn't already have the Fantasy surf n turf trip planned in early May we might be looking a long weekend getaway then too.

So far we've pulled our luggage out! DW is playing Epic Mickey right now and our Contemporary Resort candle is putting us in the mood! Less than a week!

lostpro9het

Original Poster
Im in, love your TR's
Thanks! I'll do my best to have fun with this one too!
Following along. I just ended my trip yesterday...
Based on your Untappd check-ins I figured you were in the bubble a few days. I hope the crowds were manageable and die down for us. I cant image they are worse than Christmas week. Either way, we're looking to spend plenty of time at the pool too so we should be able to mitigate the craziness a bit.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Following along. I just ended my trip yesterday and the crowds were growing. As we were on the DME heading from the Wilderness Lodge to the airport, we saw a backup of cars from the MK toll booth, past Epcot Cntr Drive, almost to Buena Vista Drive.

Hopefully the crowds will die down a little after Easter.

That’s where the off property peeps seem to go...nobody can get enough of magic kingdom for some reason....

...perhaps it’s the fact that the other 3 are still underbuilt or ripped apart?

...but thanks for the reminder to skip magic kingdom

Last edited:

Zipadeelady

Are those bags packed yet?! C and I can't seem to decide if we want to keep our CBR reservation or go back to POP. Your review will be a big decision maker for us. I'm worried about the construction and C is worried about the buses. Have a great time! Drink a Golden Monkey for J!

imahistorygeek

Are those bags packed yet?! C and I can't seem to decide if we want to keep our CBR reservation or go back to POP. Your review will be a big decision maker for us. I'm worried about the construction and C is worried about the buses. Have a great time! Drink a Golden Monkey for J!

We’ve been dragging our feet. I’ve half packed and checked us into our flights. Beer has been purchased. I’m excited to stay somewhere new to us.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom