Your opinion: Best food & snacks in WDW

Chux

Best ice cream: Dole Whip in Adventure Land

Best hot dog: Casey's corner on main street

Best food and wine festival soup: cheddar soup from canada

We have a winner!

Do yourself a favor and eat at Le Cellier once, it's a really great place, and you get different breadsticks to dip in the soup.

DisneyMusician2

Best Sandwich: Cuban at the ABC Commissary Best Snack You Are Embarrased To Be Seen With: Giant Turkey Leg (go for it at night!) Best Sweet Spot: Key Lime Tart @ The Boardwalk Bakery More to come when I can think of them!

lentesta

Premium Member
Original Poster
Is the Spicy Cheese Stuffed Pretzel at the Lunching Pad really that good?

I've also heard that the ice cream cookie sandwich from the Main Street Bakery is good.

Thanks for the suggestions! These are great.

Len

TTFN-Tiggger

best snack - fresh baked cookies from Goofy's candy shop at DTD
best hot dog - Casey's by far!
best character meal - Crystal palace (have not been to Chef Mickey yet)
best beverage - margaritias from the Mexican Pavillion.

Nemo14

Is the Spicy Cheese Stuffed Pretzel at the Lunching Pad really that good?

We prefer the sweet cream ones - it's a tradition for us!
I've also heard that the ice cream cookie sandwich from the Main Street Bakery is good.
Good? More like fantastic!!!!! :slurp:

Thanks for the suggestions! These are great.

Len

I's also have to vote for the cheddar cheese soup at LeCellier with the pretzel bread sticks!

k.hunter30

Best Dinner Buffet: Boma - they have such a unique (and very vast selection) of both food and wine/beer. Plus you can't beat the atmosphere of the AKL!

Best steak: Le Cellier - Amazing food right in the park! With the restaurant in one of the less popular world pavillions and completely enclosed in the building, this place seems like a hidden gem!

Best sweet-treat: Toffee on Main Street - Yes, I realize I just posted a thread about it - but it is THAT GOOD! The melt-in-your-mouth toffee is dipped in chocolate and covered in nuts. We always get at least three boxes to take home with us as we exit MK for the last time!

YankeeMouse

Best side dish: Figaro Fries, Pinocchio's Village Haus, MK
Best ice cream: Dole Whip, Aloha Isle, MK
Best chocolate: Rocky Road Chocolate Cup, Confectionary, Main Street, MK
Best Burger: Pecos Bill's, topping bar, MK

Rogue21

At Epcot

Had a Dole Whip for the first time during my trip last December . . . eehh. It was ok. :rolleyes:

What really got my eyes rolling back in my head with bliss was the Grand Marnier slush at the France Pavilion in World Showcase. That was pure adult heaven in a non-beer form.

:animwink:

WDWFigment

Dole Whips might as well not even be mentioned. They are the obvious favorite...what is #2 for ice cream?

Also, no one has mentioned the burgers at Cosmic Ray's. With all of the toppings you can get, it's like a whole meal (at least for me--I pile on the mushrooms). lettuce, tomatoes, pickles, onions, relish, green peppers, mushrooms, grilled onions, BBQ sauce, mayonnaise, mustard, ketchup, and cheese sauce, that's a meal of a burger!

k.hunter30

Dole Whips might as well not even be mentioned. They are the obvious favorite...what is #2 for ice cream?

Also, no one has mentioned the burgers at Cosmic Ray's. With all of the toppings you can get, it's like a whole meal (at least for me--I pile on the mushrooms). lettuce, tomatoes, pickles, onions, relish, green peppers, mushrooms, grilled onions, BBQ sauce, mayonnaise, mustard, ketchup, and cheese sauce, that's a meal of a burger!
Pistachio Gelato from the Italy pavillion! Seriously, it's almost as good as the real stuff!

L Fisher

Best icecream treat: Main Street Bakery

Best burgers: Pecos Bills or Electric Umbrella

I also like the Liberty Tree Tavern for lunch

lilredfoxie

Best Salad - Pan Seared Tuna Ceaser Salad at Sunshine Seasons in the land
Best Burger - Bacon Cheseburger at Cosmic Rays Starlight Cafe
Best Buffet - Boma in Animal Kingdom Lodge
Best Character Dining Experience - Land Grill Room (I forget offhand what its current name is) Mickey and Chip n dale look cute with overalls on and it turns around so you can see the ride underneath

S. Paridon

Best Dogs: Casey's in MK
Best quick food: Columbia Harbor House in MK
Best sit down dinner: Ohana
Best beer: Lowenbrau at the Biergarten in EPCOT

Did Knee

I work at Artist Point at the Wilderness Lodge and sadly I don't see this on anyones list? The view and decor of the dining room is beautiful as is the hotel itself. I love our resorts and this is one you definetly need to check out. Our three signature dishes are the Roasted Portabella Soup, Cedar Plank roasted Salmon, Homemade Berry Cobbler...

:animwink: someone has to have been here...

I love Artists point and have been 3 times, but the last time (Sept 06) was a let down. The Berry cobbler was reduced to a mini size from previous visits and the waitress did not know anything about the wines she was serving with the wine flight (Learning about the wines is half the reason for getting the flight as far as Im concerned). While the food was still great otherwise, the attentiveness of our waitress could have been better as well.

tigsmom

I's also have to vote for the cheddar cheese soup at LeCellier with the pretzel bread sticks!

Had the soup for the first time the other week and it was as great as everyone said! And the pretzel bread! :slurp:

Best Character Breakfast for us is Chef Mickeys - great lively atmosphere
Best Character Dinner is Liberty Tree Tavern - characters in Colonial dress and yummy food.

The toppings bar at Cosmic Ray's makes standing on those lines for a burger worth the wait.

MPitzen

Pistachio Gelato from the Italy pavillion! Seriously, it's almost as good as the real stuff!

Is this at Cantina de San Angel or L'Originale Alfredos? Just curious.... because we should probally stick away from things like Alfredos that won't be open by the time the book would come out.

k.hunter30

Is this at Cantina de San Angel or L'Originale Alfredos? Just curious.... because we should probally stick away from things like Alfredos that won't be open by the time the book would come out.
No, it's sold in a little outside cart in the Italy pavillion - not in a restaurant and not Mexico. :) I think it only sells different flavors of gelato and italian ice. It's inward a bit in the pavillion... wish I could be more exact...:shrug:

EDIT: Just found this - http://forums.wdwmagic.com/showthread.php?t=64392

MPitzen

Sorry... aparently I was posting too fast. I don't know where Cantina came from I guess I just didn't know the name of the places in Italy other than Alfredo's, and Cantina was the last place I ate at in the WS. Once again, sorry about that and I'm happy that it's not in Alfredo's and maybe I'll still get to try it!

Len - do you want information like the best snack, CS, & TS meals with the DDP seeing as how popular it is getting?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom